ADVERTISEMENT

a coworker mentioned...

shane3fan

SEC x14, Natty x4 HBTFD!
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2008
Athens Ga. GO DAWGS!!!!
a coworker mentioned something that I had not thought of at all and I am not sure how much impact it had but I am sure it was more than zero.

UK had a starter on offense and one on defense that were players in our program for multiple years. Those players were both in a position that is very important in recognizing what the other team is doing. Brock had seen our defense in practice and games for three years. If anyone was going to be able to have some insight that would help their team against us it would have been him---especially since he is a "coach's son" and those types are well known to be analytical and pick up on small things.

I dont know how much difference that made. Missed tackles and poor blocking were a bigger issue but it did seem that they were just a tick ahead of us in a few areas where knowing our tendencies and calls would give them an edge.

This isnt sour grapes or making excuses--just thinking out loud wondering how much of a difference was made in that game from "inside information"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.