ADVERTISEMENT

A damn good man speaks

You complain too much about 1st world issues. Here’s what real totalitarianism looks like.

Wow. @Atlanta Cock, your post and tweet brought this memory back to me. And it's a 360º turn from this thread. But maybe appropriate in light of what is happening globally. An incredibly moving choral composition by Norwegian composer, Kim Andre Arnesen. TO ALL: Do NOT read or listen until you are ready to be moved spiritually. This is a direct quote from a FB post of mine a few years ago. I quote:

"Inspired from an inscription found inside an underground cave (near Cologne, France), catacomb like, by Jewish fugitives fleeing the Germans in WWII (they were there hiding a long time). The actual inscription: "'𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬; 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘎𝘰𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘏𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵; 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘵𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧.'" *my note: think about the meaning of those words in real time to these jewish fugitives fleeing the Nazis.
Are there times you think God is silent? Are there times when you just worship and pray in silence? God is always there - even in silence, he guides, is omnipotent; he is faithful. I encourage you listen to this hauntingly beautiful and powerful performance by the incredible and famous St. Olaf college choir (Norway) - in silence, no distractions. Do not do it injustice with a half-hearted listen."
The UGA Hugh Hodgson Singers performed this in concert several years ago. Open the link up... full screen/HD. I have many many times - in silence:

Last edited:
I remember a bunch of posts from Trumpers on here that said Stacy shouldn’t be elected because of her financial/tax issues (I agree, if you don’t pay your taxes, you shouldn’t be a frickin Governor of a state).

Funny how those same folks are ignoring Robinson’s financial problems.
Don’t remember you saying that about Stacy. Pretty sure she was well before Robinson was mentioned. First I have heard of Robinson.

I remember a bunch of posts from Trumpers on here that said Stacy shouldn’t be elected because of her financial/tax issues (I agree, if you don’t pay your taxes, you shouldn’t be a frickin Governor of a state).

Funny how those same folks are ignoring Robinson’s financial problems.
Not ignoring them at all. If he cheated on his. taxes, he needs to suffer the consequences. But I'm never going to accept as fact, biased opinions - whether that be posters here (both directions) and/or media trying to find anything to prove their bias and attack.

Not ignoring them at all. If he cheated on his. taxes, he needs to suffer the consequences. But I'm never going to accept as fact, biased opinions - whether that be posters here (both directions) and/or media trying to find anything to prove their bias and attack.
Well technically, he did not cheat on his taxes.

He just didn’t file/pay any for five years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT