ADVERTISEMENT

A few questions.....

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
What’s on the menu this Thanksgiving at your house?

How many will be there and are y’all safe distancing and wearing masks at all times (if not eating)?

Your participation is greatly appreciated.....

Reactions: dogstud
4 adults, age 58-68. Wife and me, BIL and his girlfriend. All have been pretty careful throughout the whole thing (I think they barely go anywhere) but there will be no masks, social distancing, etc.
Turkey and dressing (from up north, not Mama’s cornbread dressing), mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, eggplant casserole (don’t laugh, sausage is the main ingredient), etc. Pecan pie and I hear pumpkin pie (but I’m not participating in anything pumpkin).
Hope this helps.

4 adults, age 58-68. Wife and me, BIL and his girlfriend. All have been pretty careful throughout the whole thing (I think they barely go anywhere) but there will be no masks, social distancing, etc.
Turkey and dressing (from up north, not Mama’s cornbread dressing), mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, eggplant casserole (don’t laugh, sausage is the main ingredient), etc. Pecan pie and I hear pumpkin pie (but I’m not participating in anything pumpkin).
Hope this helps.

Wife’s family is from the Saint Louis area. They looked at me like I was from Mars when I mentioned cornbread dressing one day....rather than the bread crumbs or whatever that shat is.

Finally have them converted, always cornbread at my hacienda....

Last edited:
What’s on the menu this Thanksgiving at your house?

How many will be there and are y’all safe distancing and wearing masks at all times (if not eating)?

Your participation is greatly appreciated.....
No social distancing. no masks with all of our family together it will be about 50 people. 3 deep fried turkeys, 1 stuffed turkey, ham, lots of other food.

No social distancing. no masks with all of our family together it will be about 50 people. 3 deep fried turkeys, 1 stuffed turkey, ham, lots of other food.

Hell....I’d probably burn the house down doing a deep fried turkey, or my wife would go into a panic attack.

Need to try one, never have....but somebody else would probably have to bring it.

Reactions: Deadlyputter
Turkey, dressing, ham, all the trimmings plenty of vegetables and desserts. Maybe some social distancing and masks but mostly not. Wife and I are in our 70's, a few in their 60's, the rest 40's and under.
50 or more.
Plus 30 or more for breakfast at my house the next day. Serving nine lbs of bacon, 4 lbs ham, 4lbs sausage, grits , biscuits, pancakes and fruit. Gonna be another awesome family celebration.
BTW, my turkey will be cooked on a Big Easy. Best turkey cooker known to man.
I think I'm gonna double up on zinc and maybe get a dose of HCQ. 😄

Turkey, dressing, ham, all the trimmings plenty of vegetables and desserts. Maybe some social distancing and masks but mostly not. Wife and I are in our 70's, a few in their 60's, the rest 40's and under.
50 or more.
Plus 30 or more for breakfast at my house the next day. Serving nine lbs of bacon, 4 lbs ham, 4lbs sausage, grits , biscuits, pancakes and fruit. Gonna be another awesome family celebration.
BTW, my turkey will be cooked on a Big Easy. Best turkey cooker known to man.
I think I'm gonna double up on zinc and maybe get a dose of HCQ. 😄

sounds like a good time and great spread....enjoy!

Hell....I’d probably burn the house down doing a deep fried turkey, or my wife would go into a panic attack.

Need to try one, never have....but somebody else would probably have to bring it.
We do it away from house. Learned over the years. Did it on sidewalk next to house one year. My dad put in too much oil and it overflowed and we had some fun getting the grease up.

My parents, my brother, my family. Oven roasted 16 pound turkey. Corn casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing. I am making a pumpkin pie and the first attempt at a classic pecan pie.

50??.... hope they don’t send the cops 😉. Y’all enjoy!

My parents, my brother, my family. Oven roasted 16 pound turkey. Corn casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing. I am making a pumpkin pie and the first attempt at a classic pecan pie.

Making a pecan pie is kinda like fruitcake & redhades. They either turn out good or bad....no in betweens.

Wife’s family is from the Saint Louis area. They looked at me like I was from Mars when I mentioned cornbread dressing one day....rather than the bread crumbs or whatever that shat is.

Finally have them converted, always cornbread at my hacienda....

Mine is from WI. I just never tried to convert them. If I did, I’d have to do the cooking. I’m originally from your neck of the woods, so am also well versed in the fine are of southern cuisine.

8 people immediate family, social distancing somewhat 4 at one table and 4 at another in a separate room. Outside as much as possible - covered deck and fire pit should help. We will be missing my Dad for the first time this year so we are trying to be smart, vigilant with my Mom (80), but at the same time, we want to enjoy the day and be grateful for all we have.

Turkey, Dressing, Bourbon Vanilla Cranberry Sauce, Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole, Rolls, Pecan Pie, Bundtinis in Pumpkin Spice/Red Velvet

Duly noted, I am competing with my mom for best one, and hers is other worldly.

Pecan pies are soooo easy to make, but I’m still trying to get it right. And you are correct. nobody has a pecan pie as good as your Mama’s.

Hope they're all with you next year ...

If they aren’t we will have the memories of living life with family and friends. Not going to stop. I didn’t say we were burning down a city or looting target.

24 people. We are having cinnamon buns.
Every one of us has COVID, already.

Well...if you have pets, y'all wear your masks. If you have neighbors, wear your masks when leaving. That stuff lingers in the air for days and days...and the wind blows.

On second thought, you all are a risk to others, you should just stay locked in for 10 days and party.

Made me think of the Cinnabon stores, I really miss the smell and taste, the best of the best imo.....don't see them anymore around here.

Y'all be safe & enjoy your meal.

Turkey, dressing and all the fixings. 14 total people. Ages 21 - 79. Taking place in Mother in laws huge outdoor building. No masks, but try to social distance as much as possible.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT