ADVERTISEMENT

A few things I noticed after a re watch

TylerSimmonsOnside

BBQ and Booze
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2018
1. The slow starts we are having are going to catch up to us and cost us a few games if we do no do something about it. Beck seems to be maturing, and while I blamed most of the offensive woes on Bobo I think Beck is missing some potential big plays. He is going to have to at least attempt 1-2 long passes in the first few drives to keep the defense out of the box. I would like to see a few more aggressive play calls from Bobo. My biggest gripe that I have always had with him is he is a very predictable play caller, and it is much more obvious in the red zone. I do not understand why we are not throwing into the endzone in goal to go situations. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain.

2. Our offensive line is not playing together well. Truss leaves a lot to be desired, but when Mims went down he looked a lot more comfortable at tackle than Guard. As the season goes on they hopefully will gel. If we want any chance of winning it all again this has to happen.

3. Without Daijun Edwards we do not win this game. He is far and away our best RB currently and it isn't close. I keep thinking the light is going to come on for Milton, but it just isn't and he is who he is. I would like to see his carries shift over to Paul as he gets healthy. I have never seen a RB KMs size go down so easy. To me he should be a load to bring down, but it seems like he is not a good runner and does not have the balance to shake off weak hits. Don't laugh at me, but they should have put him in ballet classes to help his balance.

4. Our kicking game is an absolute dumpster fire. The end score looks a lot better if we make those fairly easy field goals. I want to see what Zirkel can do going forward, or just start going for it on third and medium in when we are in plus territory.

5. Bowers needs to be more involved in the passing game. He is probably the best player in the country and we are doing a shit job of utilizing his talents. He deserves more then the occasional hand off and drag route. It is a waste of his talent to have him at as an in line blocker 75% of the time.

6. We do not have a difference maker on the DL. We have a lot of good players, but no one stands out like Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter did. That being said our secondary has a chance to be ELITE. I really loved what I saw from Tykee, Starks, and Kamari. I think Saturday was a coming out party for them. Once we get Bullard back look for the back end to be a no fly zone. I think Chambliss and JDJ are both liabilities out there. JDJ does not poses SEC speed and I think he will continue to get exposed. Chambliss is both under sized and not athletic enough to play his position. You cannot knock the kids effort but he just doesn't really poses the tools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News