ADVERTISEMENT

***WAR ROOM*** A lot of "Buzz" right now...

Chad Simmons

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Feb 6, 2017
I have talked to numerous guys who spent time in Athens this weekend and not one, not two, not three, but four different kids (on their own) used the term "buzz" or "buzzing" when talking about Georgia.

One kid said, "Things are buzzing with Georgia right now in recruiting. I heard quite a few names that could commit soon."

Another one said, "Georgia has all the buzz right now. Have they signed a No. 1 recruiting class before? They could in 2018 or 2019 with the names I heard this weekend."

Lets cut to the chase... Justin Fields is on EVERYONE'S mind right now — and rightfully so. I have put on here before that Georgia is right in the thick of the race and maybe a little higher than some think and I feel no different today. Based on what I have gathered in the last 24 hours, Georgia is the school trending right now. Fields had multiple family members with him this weekend and I am told things could not have gone any better. I have even heard a little buzz about Fields doing a little recruiting like he was a UGA commit. I do not think he stays uncommitted that much longer. Auburn and FSU are the others to watch in this race, and all three seem to feel at least decent about their chances. Lets see how this one plays out.

July 31 is the day for Trey Dean. I still have Georgia as the team to beat here. Remember my post about Dean from the 5-Star Challenge? It was about him and Texas, how Texas was high on his list, but that I did not see Texas having room when it came down to it... Well now, as we close in on July 31, Texas is out, he is no longer visiting them and now Clemson and FSU are the schools he lists with Georgia. He is visiting Clemson Monday, but the Tigers currently are not pushing for him based on what I am hearing. FSU likes him and he is hoping to visit there this weekend or next week.

Not in my area, but I am hearing a good bit about TE Luke Ford, especially if Justin Fields puts his name on the UGA commitment list.

Caleb Tannor is down to two schools. While I was on vacation, he sent me a text letting me know that, but to keep it quiet. I had my phone off, so it was not hard for me to keep that quiet since I did not see his text until about 2 days later. Haha. I would not have said a word any way. With that said. Georgia has been pushing for him since he worked out in Athens in June. Georgia liked what they saw and that feel he can be a real edge rusher in their scheme. He does not have a date set, but a decision is likely to come within the next month.

I am hearing constantly about James Cook and he is one, maybe the NEXT one to put on COMMIT WATCH. Again, not in my region, so I do not track him personally, but a few sources I have close to this would not be shocked if Cook commits next weekend when he and his family plan to visit Athens again. As we saw with Blaylock today (he planned to go public in August), things can change quickly.

Another one not talked about a lot is 4-star DE Azeez Ojulari. I like him a lot and Georgia is still in a great spot here. I think he pops to someone in early August. He could go a little sooner or a little later, but Georgia has made him feel like a priority and he likes the Dawgs a lot.

Josh Vann is set to visit Columbia next weekend and then he could be set to pull the trigger. The Dawgs WANT this one. South Carolina does too. Marquez Ezzard is heading back to FSU this week and the Noles are still the school to beat there. Vann has gone back and forth, basically following each visit he takes... He grew up a Georgia fan, Georgia is the in-state school, and again, Justin Fields could be HUGE here because they developed a strong bond at The Opening.

UGA offered Louisiana ATH Aaron Brule at camp Saturday. I heard he REALLY impressed. Brule said, "Georgia has been wanting to offer me since my sophomore year but they never knew and still really don't know what my body will grow into. They say I cover like a corner but have a linebacker body and it's tough to think of where I would fit. When they offered me they couldn't pass up the opportunity because they haven't really seen somebody with my body type and can do the "freakish things I do"... They said we have somewhere for you to play with a laugh." TCU is thought to be the leader, but Brule made the trek to UGA on his own, got the offer and he now says the Dawgs are a "contender".

I had a great vacation with my family, but I am glad to be back and excited about getting back to the grind!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News