ADVERTISEMENT

A message for R's who want to win

richb1

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2004
Atlanta
Doug Mastriano is running for the United States Senate in Pennsylvania. He lost a winnable race for Governor and arguably dragged down Dr. Oz, though he, too, was not a great candidate.
Kari Lake and Blake Masters are both pondering runs in Arizona.
Years ago, James Carville and Paul Begala wrote a book on how to get elected to office. One of the points they made was one everyone needs to remember: Do nothing and take no position to secure yourself a primary win that then costs you the general election. Your goal is to win the general election and not just the primary. Voters, too, need to remember not to nominate people in the primary who will lose the general election.
Mastriano, Lake, and Masters all blew winnable races. Lake still contends her race was stolen from her. Masters and Mastriano are not so vocal about nonsense. But they lost winnable races, and they were not narrow losses where you can see taking a chance on them again.
Pennsylvania and Arizona Republicans will have to decide if they want to cost the Republicans the Senate and engage in political suicide.
For my part, I’ll go on now and endorse Dave McCormick for the United States Senate in Pennsylvania.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Kelly, in Wisconsin, lost by eleven points, and Wisconsin Republicans put him back on the ballot to lose by 11 points again.
Lake, Masters, and Mastriano all lost big.
And then there’s Trump, who beat Hillary Clinton and has been losing ever since. He said we’d get tired of all the winning, but I’d actually like to win. MAGA has traded whining for winning, and we should not expect Trump, who cost us 2018, 2020, and 2022, to somehow pull it off this time. We now have a pattern and track record of no impulse control, failures to stay on message, disdain from the public, and a desire to rally his base at the expense of growing a coalition. His Twitterbro warriors coordinating hyper-online messaging will not win him Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or even Georgia.
If you think that is the safe bet for 2024, you might need to just stay home.

Doug Mastriano is running for the United States Senate in Pennsylvania. He lost a winnable race for Governor and arguably dragged down Dr. Oz, though he, too, was not a great candidate.
Years ago, James Carville and Paul Begala wrote a book on how to get elected to office. One of the points they made was one everyone needs to remember: Do nothing and take no position to secure yourself a primary win that then costs you the general election. Your goal is to win the general election and not just the primary. Voters, too, need to remember not to nominate people in the primary who will lose the general election.
Mastriano, Lake, and Masters all blew winnable races. Lake still contends her race was stolen from her. Masters and Mastriano are not so vocal about nonsense. But they lost winnable races, and they were not narrow losses where you can see taking a chance on them again.
Pennsylvania and Arizona Republicans will have to decide if they want to cost the Republicans the Senate and engage in political suicide.
For my part, I’ll go on now and endorse Dave McCormick for the United States Senate in Pennsylvania.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Kelly, in Wisconsin, lost by eleven points, and Wisconsin Republicans put him back on the ballot to lose by 11 points again.
And then there’s Trump, who beat Hillary Clinton and has been losing ever since. He said we’d get tired of all the winning, but I’d actually like to win. MAGA has traded whining for winning, and we should not expect Trump, who cost us 2018, 2020, and 2022, to somehow pull it off this time. We now have a pattern and track record of no impulse control, failures to stay on message, disdain from the public, and a desire to rally his base at the expense of growing a coalition. His Twitterbro warriors coordinating hyper-online messaging will not win him Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or even Georgia.
I thought Trump did a lot of great things as president from a policy perspective, and I liked how he wasn't afraid to take on detractors, in the media & elsewhere, though I didn't like his methods a lot of the time. And I think we would be in a much better place as a country had he won in 2020. But I also am so tired of him at this point, and really hope he's not the nominee again in 2024 because I simply don't think he can win, although it's not like the Dems have put forward much strong opposition at this point. I'm just ready for Trump to go away, the Republicans have many capable candidates (led by DeSantis IMO) that would be better for the country as a whole- including bringing it back together at least a little bit!- than the deeply polarizing Trump.

I get it…..but honestly, he doesn’t bother me at all. But he does indeed rub a lot of people wrong. Hence, the issue…and that probably won’t change (personality).

He’s a fighter and that is what he does….fight. I like it too , however it does offend some. There is a time and place for everything…..pick and choose your battles wisely, which I think hurts him in the end. He’s not a politician, which is what got him elected the first time.

All I really care about is the job that is done & I think you said it best:

And I think we would be in a much better place as a country had he won in 2020.”

Also, I do get why some just want him to go away. But in fairness to him, he won’t go away because the media and Democratic Party won’t let him go away….deflect, redirect & blame.

Russia could drop a nuke on Ukraine tomorrow and you would still see Trump in the headlines.

Politics has just become awful through the years, it all seems to be a bunch of self-serving SOB in office now…..(we really need term limits).

Despite all Trump’s faults, I feel as though I am better off with him in office than the fellow we have now.

BTW, nice honest post….pretty sure that describes a bunch of people.

The only reason I don't now support Trump first is that I don't think he can win the general election. Trump energizes the democRATs. Even tho it takes a lot to energize a group which consists in large part of a very loosely affiliated bunch of scumbags and perverts.
I support Ron for two reasons.
1. Living in Florida, I know what an awesome governor he is.
2. He can win the general election because the RATfinks can't smear him with whores and past indiscretions involving lowlifes. They would have to produce a phony bimbo like the one who tried to smear Kavanaugh and that won't work.

I don't wish to detract from the job DJT did as POTUS. He was the best in our lifetime. But, it's time to hand the ball to a fresh RB.

I concur with your overall thought process but how do you rationalize Fedderman beating OZ. Fedderman was the worst candidate we have seen in years - he didn’t campaign, he couldn’t put together 2 sentences and he got smoked in the debate. Oz wasn’t a Kemp, but he wasn’t bad. I hope McCormick does win but good candidates don’t = wins for Republicans all the time..

I thought Trump did a lot of great things as president from a policy perspective, and I liked how he wasn't afraid to take on detractors, in the media & elsewhere, though I didn't like his methods a lot of the time. And I think we would be in a much better place as a country had he won in 2020. But I also am so tired of him at this point, and really hope he's not the nominee again in 2024 because I simply don't think he can win, although it's not like the Dems have put forward much strong opposition at this point. I'm just ready for Trump to go away, the Republicans have many capable candidates (led by DeSantis IMO) that would be better for the country as a whole- including bringing it back together at least a little bit!- than the deeply polarizing Trump.

Hearing this is just the tip of the iceberg. The economy will be taking over as the number one issue soon enough. This will help pubs a ton. Agree with both of these posts. I think the more they target him. The more popular he will become.

The housing and banking industry is on a huge banana peal at the moment. When this becomes the number one issue it may not matter who runs. I do so hope it isn’t trump. But if it is, I don’t know how you vote for Biden. He will not be fit for office. He already isn’t.

Hearing this is just the tip of the iceberg. The economy will be taking over as the number one issue soon enough. This will help pubs a ton. Agree with both of these posts. I think the more they target him. The more popular he will become.

The housing and banking industry is on a huge banana peal at the moment. When this becomes the number one issue it may not matter who runs. I do so hope it isn’t trump. But if it is, I don’t know how you vote for Biden. He will not be fit for office. He already isn’t.
Continuing my impersonation of a broken record, but the R's should have won easily last time. Horrible management of the economy, totally botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, D's fully exposed as captive of the far left and in spite of that, the D's outperformed almost everywhere.

Combo of abortion front and center post R v W, promise of student loan forgiveness to buy votes from the young, and weak Trump hand picked candidates. Guns may be the new abortion for 2024. D's trying to tag R's with complete inflexibility on any waiting periods, background investigations, age limits and so forth and thus far R's falling right into their trap.

R's have not learned their lesson about abortion, am sure the D's will come up with some proposal of free money 90 days prior to the election, and the jury is out on R candidate quality.

R's need to control what they can control and they should win easily. But they tend to swing towards unyielding stances in order to win a primary and then the D hangs the position around their neck and wins the general.

Among the worst presidents in history, clearly not fit for office, but at least 50/50 chance he is reelected.

Still the GOP will bail out the Dems on the issue of the economy by causing the US to default on the debt.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Continuing my impersonation of a broken record, but the R's should have won easily last time. Horrible management of the economy, totally botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, D's fully exposed as captive of the far left and in spite of that, the D's outperformed almost everywhere.

Combo of abortion front and center post R v W, promise of student loan forgiveness to buy votes from the young, and weak Trump hand picked candidates. Guns may be the new abortion for 2024. D's trying to tag R's with complete inflexibility on any waiting periods, background investigations, age limits and so forth and thus far R's falling right into their trap.

R's have not learned their lesson about abortion, am sure the D's will come up with some proposal of free money 90 days prior to the election, and the jury is out on R candidate quality.

R's need to control what they can control and they should win easily. But they tend to swing towards unyielding stances in order to win a primary and then the D hangs the position around their neck and wins the general.

Among the worst presidents in history, clearly not fit for office, but at least 50/50 chance he is reelected.
Rich it isn’t hurting yet. The economy isn’t giving out enough pain. It will soon enough. Then let’s see. I totally agree with what you are saying. I definitely see the point. Equity lines are running out. Banks are making money by loaning money. It is about to get much worse. I am curious if people wake up then. Or if the tds that runs this country will subside. One can only hope. Keep them behind the wheel at your own peril lefties.

Rich it isn’t hurting yet. The economy isn’t giving out enough pain. It will soon enough. Then let’s see. I totally agree with what you are saying. I definitely see the point. Equity lines are running out. Banks are making money by loaning money. It is about to get much worse. I am curious if people wake up then. Or if the tds that runs this country will subside. One can only hope. Keep them behind the wheel at your own peril lefties.
The D’s not so secret weapon is the media, so the bar is higher than it should be for the R’s to win.

I know you didn’t mean it this way, but relying on the economy to get worse is not a winning strategy.

If it gets worse, interest rates will come down, the D’s will take credit for it, and the media will allow it to happen.

R’s need to run candidates and take positions that will win regardless of whether the economy tanks.

The D’s not so secret weapon is the media, so the bar is higher than it should be for the R’s to win.

I know you didn’t mean it this way, but relying on the economy to get worse is not a winning strategy.

If it gets worse, interest rates will come down, the D’s will take credit for it, and the media will allow it to happen.

R’s need to run candidates and take positions that will win regardless of whether the economy tanks.
Exactly. All signs point to an economic down turn late this year but if the GOP fails to extend the debt limit that will cause a self inflicted economic crisis which history has shown is always blamed on the GOP. The GOP is like the gang that can't shoot straight and shooting themselves in the foot.

Reactions: nice marmot
Just saw the numbers on abortion across the country.
Nationally: 64% support abortion up to 12-15 weeks
Republicans: 51% support abortions up to 12-15 weeks.
The hard line abortion laws are a loser. It is what it is.
If the GOP backed a nation wide 15 abortion ban that changes everything and put Dems in real trouble. Their insistence to end all abortion when we've got stories coming out of women nearly dying because they were force to give birth to a fetus that was stillborn is just cruel and why women are turning away from the Right. Hell the numbers of men wanting abortion to remain legal in some fashion is on the rise in this country. A lot of men are finding it difficult to back a 100% abortion stance when they have wives and daughters they have to look out for the best interest of.

Reactions: nice marmot
If the GOP backed a nation wide 15 abortion ban that changes everything and put Dems in real trouble. Their insistence to end all abortion when we've got stories coming out of women nearly dying because they were force to give birth to a fetus that was stillborn is just cruel and why women are turning away from the Right. Hell the numbers of men wanting abortion to remain legal in some fashion is on the rise in this country. A lot of men are finding it difficult to back a 100% abortion stance when they have wives and daughters they have to look out for the best interest of.
Yeah, abortion is definitely a tricky issue. I'm pretty conservative, but I've never been a hard liner on abortion. And I don't think taking a hard line is a winning strategy in general. The 6 week time limit specifically seems overly restrictive to me. If you moved that to 12-15 weeks, you would get a lot more people on your side. You're never going to get the people that are completely against all abortion to join you on that, but if you're a Republican, those aren't the type of people that are going to vote for a Democrat that's likely going to be even less restrictive than 12 weeks, and you're not going to lose those that are conservative but think an all out ban or even 6 week time period is draconian. The way the Republicans have handled abortion over the past few years has been a losing strategy, IMO.

The AZ 2022 election is in the courts. It appears Lake might have gotten 100k more votes than the Mex cartel controlled "winner", Hobbs.
What is going on in the courts is silliness, that election is beyond over.

That said, Katie Hobbs was a horrible candidate and any normal R could have beaten her.

Lake was the only candidate worse than Hobbs and she found a way to lose.

What Lake never talks about is that it was a great Republican night except for her and Blake Masters, both of whom were all Trump, all the time.

It was actually very much like Georgia. Most Republicans did very well and won by larger than expected margins, but a lot of people who voted for them could not bring themselves to vote for HW.

If all of the R's had gone down in Arizona, it might have been odd, but when most of them did very well and (on the same ballot) only she and Masters did poorly, it all about candidate quality.

Just saw the numbers on abortion across the country.
Nationally: 64% support abortion up to 12-15 weeks
Republicans: 51% support abortions up to 12-15 weeks.
The hard line abortion laws are a loser. It is what it is.
Yep. And if you are pro life, you better hope like heck R's win in 2024 or think about all of the judges that will be appointed the next 4 years. If they nominate Trump, and he loses again, there are going to be a lot more abortions in our future.

If the R's took a middle road position, which I stipulate would feel morally compromised to many of them, they would win more elections and more babies would live.

Didn’t say it was a winning strategy. Not relying on it getting worse. But it is the one place where pubs can have the high ground. Most people, even dumbasses know the left loves to government spend. It isn’t hurting as much as it will. Just a matter of time.

That being said; I agree they need to take better positions to win the middle ground. Probably posted that 1000 times. Wondering if the left will realize their party has shifted 12 miles left. Not likely thanks to the media brainwashing. It will only when the middle class has nothing left. That is my point. It will take a bottoming out before anyone from the left wakes up. Most think trump is the only issue. American lefties are dumb enough to put a compromised human in the White House. And then vote to not overturn the senate. But make it worse. The iq of the voter is only getting worse.

Right now we are in a quasi war with Russia. China is running drills getting ready. They sent spy balloons over here. We have leaks in the pentagon. We have leaks in the court. The kangaroo court of f’ing idiots is running this country and the world smells it. It is breathtaking that people even argue their side from the left here. We are worried about social issues instead. We have to be the dumbest mfers on earth.

Didn’t say it was a winning strategy. Not relying on it getting worse. But it is the one place where pubs can have the high ground. Most people, even dumbasses know the left loves to government spend. It isn’t hurting as much as it will. Just a matter of time.

That being said; I agree they need to take better positions to win the middle ground. Probably posted that 1000 times. Wondering if the left will realize their party has shifted 12 miles left. Not likely thanks to the media brainwashing. It will only when the middle class has nothing left. That is my point. It will take a bottoming out before anyone from the left wakes up. Most think trump is the only issue. American are dumb enough to put a compromised human in the White House. And then vote to not overturn the senate. But make it worse. The iq is only getting worse.

Right now we are in a quasi war with Russia. China is running drills getting ready. They sent spy balloons over here. We have leaks in the pentagon. We have leaks in the court. The kangaroo court of f’ing idiots is running this country and the world smells it. It is breathtaking that people even argue their side from the left here. We are worried about social issues instead. We have to be the dumbest mfers on earth.
I think young people are the challenge. I have many (conservative) friends with kids in or just out of college and they have no clue how they turned out to be liberals. They are truly questioning what they may have done wrong from a parenting perspective, The schools and social media have more of the kid‘s bandwidth than the parents, not much to do about that in most cases. Of course, we have discussed this before!

I think young people are the challenge. I have many (conservative) friends with kids in or just out of college and they have no clue how they turned out to be liberals. They are truly questioning what they may have done wrong from a parenting perspective, The schools and social media have more of the kid‘s bandwidth than the parents, not much to do about that in most cases. Of course, we have discussed this before!
It isn’t them. I struggle with it too. I have managed 3 of 4 pubs. The other one I gave her all of biden’s negatives. They are taught to think social issues are the only things that matter. The most important thing in this country. They aren’t taught to work. They aren’t ever held accountable. I have had 30 people in my office complain about this new generations work ethic. And the left wonders why we hate some of their teachings. It breads a bunch of entitled shitheads. Mine all have a good work ethic. Which I am so thankful for.

I read this tread thinking "who invited Erick Erickson to the Vent?" and laughing. Trump lost a stolen election, but he also has stolen a big part of the R base that has historically been counted on by "conservative" career politicians and party establishment to vote for the lesser evil. Meanwhile he's up 15 to 40 points over Desantis in the polls. Far too many votes that are needed for any R to win on the big stage don't care anymore about R vs. D uni-party political theatre and now claim America First instead. I suppose stranger things have happened than a Bushes, Romney and Karl Rove backed Desantis winning back over Trump's base, but it would appear a long, long shot unless Trump steps aside and plays kingmaker.

Yep. And if you are pro life, you better hope like heck R's win in 2024 or think about all of the judges that will be appointed the next 4 years. If they nominate Trump, and he loses again, there are going to be a lot more abortions in our future.

If the R's took a middle road position, which I stipulate would feel morally compromised to many of them, they would win more elections and more babies would live.
The truth is; just like getting a gun, if a woman wants an abortion she can get one. The democRATs are stupid to push for harsh gun laws and the republicans are stupid to push for harsh abortion laws. Neither of them will stop a damn thing.
Put an end to immigration until we get a handle on our internal socioeconomic problems and every state institute the death penalty to be carried out the day after conviction. This country would be better off.

It isn’t them. I struggle with it too. I have managed 3 of 4 pubs. The other one I gave her all of biden’s negatives. They are taught to think social issues are the only things that matter. The most important thing in this country. They aren’t taught to work. They aren’t ever held accountable. I have had 30 people in my office complain about this new generations work ethic. And the left wonders why we hate some of their teachings. It breads a bunch of entitled shitheads. Mine all have a good work ethic. Which I am so thankful for.

Lots of truth here, especially about social issues.

The Republican Party frustrates me to no end. They are tone deaf to factors that have caused them to lose.

They underestimate the unity, passion, and resolve of the Democratic party.

Democrats opposition of a candidate or issue > Republican support. Trump is Exhibit A.

Democrats understand 3 things

1. The impact of emotion
2. Influence through Narrative control
3. The importance of unity.

And since Republicans don't seem to understand these things, they will nominate Trump,overwhelmingly.....and we will get more of Joe Biden.

The Republican Party frustrates me to no end. They are tone deaf to factors that have caused them to lose.

They underestimate the unity, passion, and resolve of the Democratic party.

Democrats opposition of a candidate or issue > Republican support. Trump is Exhibit A.

Democrats understand 3 things

1. The impact of emotion
2. Influence through Narrative control
3. The importance of unity.

And since Republicans don't seem to understand these things, they will nominate Trump,overwhelmingly.....and we will get more of Joe Biden.
You are correct Sir.
It's like I have said many times, It's a cult.
For so many that absolutely despise Biden (and all Dems really), to vote for Trump in the primaries is beyond crazy.
That is THE ONLY WAY Biden can win re-election. The bad thing is, there are other good choices. RD, NH and if Chris Christie gets in, I would vote for him in a heartbeat.
Trump lost the Presidency, House, Senate, and vastly underperformed in the mid-terms mostly because of his hand picked candidates.
So with all that said, if someone votes Trump in the primary, don't complain when Biden goes back in, the cult put him there.

Americans wont stand up and take the country back until things get really bad and like you say they aren't bad enough yet, but we are getting there hard and fast.

Americans wont stand up and take the country back until things get really bad and like you say they aren't bad enough yet, but we are getting there hard and fast.
The latest tax hike focusing on small business and the middle class should do it. Should hit next April. 4.9 trillion. Hopefully right in time for the campaign trail. The Middle class is already living paycheck to paycheck. This increase ought to punch us in the nuts just enough while we are already down. But let’s focus on abortion, where you want to know if you can do it by pill now or not. Maybe if a few soccer moms have to downgrade and get rid of their SUV’s, they may start to realize Biden is bending them over. No abortion necessary

The latest tax hike focusing on small business and the middle class should do it. Should hit next April. 4.9 trillion. Hopefully right in time for the campaign trail. The Middle class is already living paycheck to paycheck. This increase ought to punch us in the nuts just enough while we are already down. But let’s focus on abortion, where you want to know if you can do it by pill now or not. Maybe if a few soccer moms have to downgrade and get rid of their SUV’s, they may start to realize Biden is bending them over. No abortion necessary
what are the specifics on the hikes coming to small business?

what are the specifics on the hikes coming to small business?

that is a link to a political document - why not link the actual plan?

that is a link to a political document - why not link the actual plan?
I will see what I can find. It is like they don’t want us to see it. I wonder why

There is a printable pdf here with a summary.

This may work

This one below should go over well if it passes. Better flip your real estate while you can. They are coming for you.

I will see what I can find. It is like they don’t want us to see it. I wonder why

There is a printable pdf here with a summary.

This may work

This one below should go over well if it passes. Better flip your real estate while you can. They are coming for you.

i'll check these out later. I am pretty sure the Biden administration has refused to put out anything public until the house comes with their budget since they are threatening default.

i'll check these out later. I am pretty sure the Biden administration has refused to put out anything public until the house comes with their budget since they are threatening default.
I know this is the dem shot back. Shonuff was all about this yesterday. We will default and not increase the debt ceiling.

The Dems are like my teenagers. They will just keep on spending on their credit card for that shiny new toy. Or to please just their base. The pubs have to try to hold something over their head in hopes this shit doesn’t pass at where it is. If this tax hike passes, the clusterf it will create will be devastating. But please don’t listen to me. Nice, even will is worried about it. He knows this is really bad. I just posted proof the middle class is already hurting. The ones not living paycheck to paycheck don’t include the ones living off their heloc until prices stop rising. Banks are losing money on new loans. And now we are expected to pay for the massive amount of spending that has taken place recently between the pandemic and trump spending topped off by the teenage shiny toy unnecessary spending by the left.

Fix. Let’s tax Medicare more. Let’s tax capital gains more. Let’s smack the small businesses. Who is this targeting? Please answer that. Who will be crawling up their congressman or woman’s ass abiut this? I can’t fix shonuff not understanding this, but I figure I have a shot with you. He won’t stop repeating it.

I know this is the dem shot back. Shonuff was all about this yesterday. We will default and not increase the debt ceiling.

The Dems are like my teenagers. They will just keep on spending for that shiny new toy. Or to please just their base. The pubs have to try to hold something over their head in hopes this shit doesn’t pass at where it is. If this tax hike passes, the clusterf it will create will be devastating. But please don’t listen to me. Nice, even will is worried about it. He knows this is really bad. I just posted proof the middle class is already hurting. The ones not living paycheck to paycheck don’t include the ones living off their heloc until prices stop rising. Banks are losing money on new loans. And now we are expected to pay for the massive amount of spending that has taken place recently between the pandemic and trump spending topped off by the teenage shiny toy unnecessary spending by the left.

Fix. Let’s tax Medicare more. Let’s tax capital gains more. Let’s smack the small businesses. Who is this targeting? Please answer that. Who will be crawling up their congressman or woman’s ass abiut this? I can’t fix shonuff not understanding this, but I figure I have a shot with you.
I didn't read most of this, because, of course, it's just straw claptrap directed at an abstract notion of democrats as posed by political operatives... and for you to imply that somehow Republicans aren't complicit in ****ing the middle class is just hilarious. How about let's see what they suggest budgetarily before we go dismantling everything on behalf of privatization and corporations.

Reactions: willdup
The truth is; just like getting a gun, if a woman wants an abortion she can get one. The democRATs are stupid to push for harsh gun laws and the republicans are stupid to push for harsh abortion laws. Neither of them will stop a damn thing.
Put an end to immigration until we get a handle on our internal socioeconomic problems and every state institute the death penalty to be carried out the day after conviction. This country would be better off.
You know what @Whosyodawgy, I agree with you 100% on 50% of your post (only the first paragraph) which has to be a record! I'm a libTARD but have numerous firearms and wish Dems would move away from banning AR-15s. That ship sailed a long time ago once the Assault Weapons Ban wasn't reupped in 2004. It's a losing strategy to push for bans but most American's are ok with common sense regulations which I am as well.

I didn't read most of this, because, of course, it's just straw claptrap directed at an abstract notion of democrats as posed by political operatives... and for you to imply that somehow Republicans aren't complicit in ****ing the middle class is just hilarious. How about let's see what they suggest budgetarily before we go dismantling everything on behalf of privatization and corporations.
Not recently. And not under trump. You want to know why I put up with the bs that comes with him. That very reason. You can call bs all you want and deflect. But I paid less in taxes making more money under trump than I did with Obama. A lot less. The bottom line was I had a lot more disposable income. Right now it cost me 275 dollars a month more per person in my household than it did 2 years ago. And I am being taxed more. How long is that sustainable?

I said trump spent during the pandemic. Probably too much. After two years of base pleasing. Trump actually imo governed from closer to the middle. He added to the debt. Some was pandemic related some not. I will show you two articles that will let you see where I am going with this. Someone has to have a threat of accountability out there.

Trump in four years increased the deficit by 7.5 trillion. That deserves a mention. And will be brought up by someone. However 3.5-4 trillion of that was pandemic spending. At two years into his term he had increased it by 2.5 trillion. Nearly half of what Biden has done already, and only a small amount of what he plans to do over the next two years. All while lying and saying he decreased the deficit. Both sides are complicit, but right now one needs to come to their senses and say enough already.

Last edited:
Well said. Could run anyone on the planet other than him in the general and beat JoeB.

I concur with your overall thought process but how do you rationalize Fedderman beating OZ. Fedderman was the worst candidate we have seen in years - he didn’t campaign, he couldn’t put together 2 sentences and he got smoked in the debate. Oz wasn’t a Kemp, but he wasn’t bad. I hope McCormick does win but good candidates don’t = wins for Republicans all the time.
Good candidates could have won. Oz was a bad candidate for PA. I think it was Erick Erickson who said Oz mispronounced names of towns and locations in PA, cementing the fact he would have been a good candidate for NJ, but not PA.
I can only liken it to watching football games and hearing talking heads mispronounce the name of my hometown and other small towns in GA. Just pisses me off….so I can see how the voters in PA felt.
I wouldn’t have voted for a guy with Fetterman’s problems, but can see their dilemma.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT