ADVERTISEMENT

About yesterday…

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
obviously a disappointing outcome, but I’m not crushed by it.

I remember when we played Tennessee in football here in 2014. The Vols weren’t very good, but they played us tough and took advantage of some very bad QB play from the eventual sports talk radio host. We wound up winning something like 35–32. Talking it afterward, I remember someone said “we can’t sit around here all year talking about how great the SEC is and then get flipped out and alarmed when it’s a struggle to win an SEC game.”

For me, that’s the same thing here. It’s hard to win games in this league. It’s very hard to do it on the road, and it’s even harder when the team you’re playing has its back against the wall.

That’s not to say that we don’t have some issues. We do. And while I’d like to think that Liam Sullivan solves some of them, getting him back is only half of that (the other half is that he’ll also have to pitch better than he has to this point). There aren’t any easy answers there though. We don’t have a Robert Tyler or Cole Wilcox who we move into the rotation. I really like Coleman Willis, but he’s a ways off from that right now, I think. We’ve got what we’ve got. I can respect the thinking that Jaden Woods should get a crack. I do think it’s going to be tough for him to get through the lineup a second or especially third time, but maybe we should see. We’ve had two Saturdays in a row now where two different starters haven’t been able to get past the 3rd inning. So that’s not an overly high bar for Woods.

I don’t see yesterday as being the worst loss of the year. That was Ga Southern in Augusta or tech in Athens, as far as I’m concerned. But a case could be made for yesterday. A case could also be made that Friday night was our best win of the year. That game happened too and counts as much as yesterday.

I don’t know. And I’m not trying to preach, really. I just see yesterday as one of those things that’s going to happen. Just need to bounce back today and I think we will. I’m concerned about the pitching too, but we were able to manage that last year, so I know that Kenny and Stricklin are capable of that.

Win today and we’re 4-2. We all would have taken that. Miss State is going for the sweep against Alabama today too. Last Sunday was ugly as hell, but that was a good series win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News