ADVERTISEMENT

ACC conference status thread ...

LawDawg86

GATA
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2015
Those that pay any attention to my posts know that for some crazy reason I am really into conference expansion. Just something I've followed for a long time. The 2 big things right now are the PAC and the ACC. The PAC is too far away for me to care, plus they are a total cluster. As for the ACC, here is a great Twitter thread that will fill you in on what has been going on the past week.

If I can find some time later in the weekend I'll write up some thoughts on it. For now:

1. They just don't really have any real alternatives.

2. One thing that everyone seems to gloss over - there is a reason that the ACC gets less money per team, and it's not their terrible contract with ESPN or the GOR. It really boils down to this - they just don't provide a compelling product when it comes to football. So none of these 5 things will mean a hill of beans if they don't find a way to get their teams to play better football and their fans to care enough to watch the games. The GOR keeps the good teams from leaving, and even if ESPN said they would open negotiations, what could the ACC say that would result in ESPN paying more money?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News