ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Advice from the medically inclined on here…

auburngadawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
This is very non-dawg, but it always amazes me the level of various expertise in various fields here, so hoping someone with knowledge or experience can guide me here.

I’ve been training for the past few months for a 5k in Charlotte. It’s been a big goal of mine as part of weight loss plan (down 140 lbs since 10/2022) and I’ve gotten to a pretty decent time. My 5k is next Friday (7/12) at 7:30 pm. However, after attending a week-long summer camp last week with my older son and his Scout troop, I came down very ill and tested positive for COVID on Wednesday of this week. I’ve been on paxlovid and pretty much all symptoms, other than some gunk I cough up from time to time, are gone.

I wanted to get back to training for the 5k, but when I searched for “when is it safe to resume running after COVID”, all of the results said either 7-10 days or 10-14 days and that starting earlier could hamper recovery and cause long-lasting damage.

What I am hoping to find out … is that true? Or is it just super cautionary? If it is true, is it still safe to run the race?

Thanks for any insight anyone has!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News