ADVERTISEMENT

After due and just consideration, I will not order my season tickets for

911DAWG

Letterman and National Champion
Nov 15, 2019
2021! The AD's office is imposing standards and $$$$$ that are not acceptable to me. After over 40 years, I abstain! Hartman Fund, higher threshold! Tickets on your device and can you see those entrance gates with the scan, security, plastic bag inspection, and double security? Many will not renew for 2021 not knowing IF they will get tickets and not mention of OPT-Out provision. I will now be an occasional sky box invitee and a TV DAWG!

2021! The AD's office is imposing standards and $$$$$ that are not acceptable to me. After over 40 years, I abstain! Hartman Fund, higher threshold! Tickets on your device and can you see those entrance gates with the scan, security, plastic bag inspection, and double security? Many will not renew for 2021 not knowing IF they will get tickets and not mention of OPT-Out provision. I will now be an occasional sky box invitee and a TV DAWG!

You will save $$$ and enjoy the freedom of drinking and no line bathrooms. No paying high dollar for drinks .

there a lot positives you will experience and you will wonder why it took you so long , after the game or before go have a nice dinner at your favorite restaurant.

you don’t have to hold in your farts which is also a positive.

while I'm not as important regarding donations.
I will also only watch Dawgs on tv this year.
crazies can wait until next year,
I welcome the hate.
dumbasses can't remember my face.

smart, like me, will walk away...
tough boy might get put down with a quickness...
Rod, are you listening?

Last edited:
After they build giant buildings on all the practice fields and have to practice in a parking lot they won’t be wurfadamn anyway.

You will save $$$ and enjoy the freedom of drinking and no line bathrooms. No paying high dollar for drinks .

there a lot positives you will experience and you will wonder why it took you so long , after the game or before go have a nice dinner at your favorite restaurant.

you don’t have to hold in your farts which is also a positive.
Are we supposed to have been holding in our farts in Sanford??

Because I’m sick of this false narrative, repeated ad nauseam. Hartman requirements have not changed. Ticket face prices have not changed. Parking prices aren’t changing. Electronic tickets will not slow down entry - repeated studies show they actually speed up entry and every stadium/team is switching to them for a host of reasons. You assume with zero facts that there will be no explanation of possible implications of less than 100% stadium capacity - yet they’ve repeatedly explained this year what the situation is despite it being largely beyond their control.

Like it or not, the reality is that the cost of season tickets, including minimum donations, adjusted for inflation, have not risen above 2005 levels. And you get to keep yourself seats asking as you make that minimum donation.

Your post is false on every single fact point. And as long as you’re accusing people of being inconsiderate, your post is inconsiderate to the UGAAA (which, god knows, does enough things wrong to complain about). If you’re unhappy just say so and leave.
Get back to me when your Hartman Fund contributions reach 1% of his.

Schedule is the worst in years

Have no fear. With the shitshow of '21 home schedule tickets will available cheap for every single home game.

Last edited:
Same seats for 20 plus years. Prob is away game tix and playoffs( if I can get) are in nosebleeds. BTW I have 75k points

Because I’m sick of this false narrative, repeated ad nauseam. Hartman requirements have not changed. Ticket face prices have not changed. Parking prices aren’t changing. Electronic tickets will not slow down entry - repeated studies show they actually speed up entry and every stadium/team is switching to them for a host of reasons. You assume with zero facts that there will be no explanation of possible implications of less than 100% stadium capacity - yet they’ve repeatedly explained this year what the situation is despite it being largely beyond their control.

Like it or not, the reality is that the cost of season tickets, including minimum donations, adjusted for inflation, have not risen above 2005 levels. And you get to keep yourself seats asking as you make that minimum donation.

Your post is false on every single fact point. And as long as you’re accusing people of being inconsiderate, your post is inconsiderate to the UGAAA (which, god knows, does enough things wrong to complain about). If you’re unhappy just say so and leave.
throwing cheap shots is not the way to go

Another thing I will add , with all the political stuff we saw this pass season , you will realize how glad you’re not giving to it any longer .

you going to enjoy the home life and game watching . I did not watch any football because of the politics shown .

hopefully it will get better where I feel like I can watch .

Same seats for 20 plus years. Prob is away game tix and playoffs( if I can get) are in nosebleeds. BTW I have 75k points
Cut he cord in 2010. After, raising two kids in Sanford, decades of same great seats since a child, close parking lot, it was hard at first. I came to realize football was not really improving and the prices kept rising. Having to trek to JAX every year was a hassle and reduced the number / quality of home sked, too. I save enough w/o contributions / tickets for crap home games to afford good seats to ANY other game whenever I feel the need. Now I get things done in the morning and then sprawl on my sofa to watch the action in hi-def 75" and NEVER miss a play fighting to get to a rest room or eats. Plus, if Dawgs suck I can flip over to something else. I'm spoiled.

Gave mine up after 47 years last season, no regrets!

I will sell mine this year as I have done the last few years. I will make enough to break even considering tickets and donation. For some reason I have not been able to pull the trigger on giving it up completely.

I will sell mine this year as I have done the last few years. I will make enough to break even considering tickets and donation. For some reason I have not been able to pull the trigger on giving it up completely.
By coincidence, I gave up mine after the 2019 season for all the same reasons as others: bad schedule, noon kickoffs, restrooms, doo doo ice, 12 hour days on game day, $40 and up to park, no tailgating, and really no atmosphere like there used to be on campus, et al. I did hold on a couple of years longer to see ND and TA&M come to town.

2nd best decision I have made made on UGA football (#1 was going to the Rose Bowl) No regrets at all.
Magill society gets all the perks, so why should I give them my $$? Without knowing the planndemic was occurring in 2020 I could already see the writing on the wall that this football was just a tv product and the paying "customers" were just unpaid extras in the production, there for color and background noise and treated as afterthoughts.

And even though my son was at UGA and now a senior in Athens, attending in person just wasn't fun any more and I have been attending since 1979-80 era.

Last edited:
Agreed...I have nothing to gain by sitting in a bubble and social distancing at a football game. I can avoid all the expenses and headaches by watching at home in my recliner.

Well I understand why this is in the chat, as the usual suspects are here, one of whom seems to be of the opinion we will have 20% capacity "bubble" for years. That said, while your points are valid about home schedule (especially 2021), more politics in the stadium than anyone should want, and the 8-12 hour day (depending where one lives and what time the game starts), there is good rationale to keep season tickets, especially if you have had them a long time with good seats.

UGA has done an outstanding job of improving the schedule over the next 10 years, home, neutral site and away. Am probably missing 1, but Clemson (4x) , Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, UCLA and FSU come to mind. A lot of us go to games to tailgate with people who we don't see outside of UGA football, people we went to school with and live different places today. And since my seats are good, I have no trouble selling off via Stub Hub the games I don't want for a profit. And yes I am Magill, and that does make it very worthwhile for road and neutral site games, which will be more important in the future with the much improved out of conference schedule.

If you are a snowflake who is going to get worked up every time something you disagree with politically is mentioned in Sanford Stadium, stay home in your bubble. And while buying season tickets, giving to Hartman/Magill is not to be confused with a good financial investment, some of us have a love of the university and the tradition that we continue to give, go to 2-3 home games, and sell the rest. As for the "politics", at most anything remotely construed as politics might take up 2-3 minutes of your time in Athens, if you are such a sensitive flower that has to take everything seriously and you can't handle that, that's a shame.

Away game and bowl tix are a joke if you’re a ticket holder. There is no way i’d buy through the school. I go third party every time for those tix...better seats and most of the time better prices.
"third party" ,
nice to see you, my friend.

deny all you want.
being a friend that is...

mad mischief.
stupidity and a bit of fun up in here.

I'm trying for 2/3.

Last edited:
By coincidence, I gave up mine after the 2019 season for all the same reasons as others: bad schedule, noon kickoffs, restrooms, doo doo ice, 12 hour days on game day, $40 and up to park, no tailgating, and really no atmosphere like there used to be on campus, et al. I did hold on a couple of years longer to see ND and TA&M come to town.

2nd best decision I have made made on UGA football (#1 was going to the Rose Bowl) No regrets at all.
Magill society gets all the perks, so why should I give them my $$? Without knowing the planndemic was occurring in 2020 I could already see the writing on the wall that this football was just a tv product and the paying "customers" were just unpaid extras in the production, there for color and background noise and treated as afterthoughts.

And even though my son was at UGA and now a senior in Athens, attending in person just wasn't fun any more and I have been attending since 1979-80 era.
The tailgate experience is still pretty good but I have to pay $50/ game. I did that a few times and left before the game started and was able to watch most of it at home . I live in the area so it works ok. I will do that for the big games and blow off the others completely. I will be shocked if they allow a full house this year with unrestricted tailgating. I want no part of that. If the schedule gets better I may use my tickets on occasion and not sell. My tickets are really good and I hate to give em up right now.

I’m sure the AA would love for me to quit so they could move in a Magill society donor. I think that they hate me.

Last edited:
The tailgate experience is still pretty good but I have to pay $50/ game. I did that a few times and left before the game started and was able to watch most of it at home . I live in the area so it works ok. I will do that for the big games and blow off the others completely. I will be shocked if they allow a full house this year with unrestricted tailgating. I want no part of that. If the schedule gets better I may use my tickets on occasion and not sell. My tickets are really good and I hate to give em up right now.

I’m sure the AA would love for me to quit so they could move in a Magill society donor. I think that they hate me.
Yeah I think they hate a lot of season ticket holders with seats between the 30's that can keep them for what they consider "less than market rate".

Well I understand why this is in the chat, as the usual suspects are here, one of whom seems to be of the opinion we will have 20% capacity "bubble" for years. That said, while your points are valid about home schedule (especially 2021), more politics in the stadium than anyone should want, and the 8-12 hour day (depending where one lives and what time the game starts), there is good rationale to keep season tickets, especially if you have had them a long time with good seats.

UGA has done an outstanding job of improving the schedule over the next 10 years, home, neutral site and away. Am probably missing 1, but Clemson (4x) , Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, UCLA and FSU come to mind. A lot of us go to games to tailgate with people who we don't see outside of UGA football, people we went to school with and live different places today. And since my seats are good, I have no trouble selling off via Stub Hub the games I don't want for a profit. And yes I am Magill, and that does make it very worthwhile for road and neutral site games, which will be more important in the future with the much improved out of conference schedule.

If you are a snowflake who is going to get worked up every time something you disagree with politically is mentioned in Sanford Stadium, stay home in your bubble. And while buying season tickets, giving to Hartman/Magill is not to be confused with a good financial investment, some of us have a love of the university and the tradition that we continue to give, go to 2-3 home games, and sell the rest. As for the "politics", at most anything remotely construed as politics might take up 2-3 minutes of your time in Athens, if you are such a sensitive flower that has to take everything seriously and you can't handle that, that's a shame.
My seats were club section 220 and I have them for many years. I live a few blocks from Sanford. My age is a factor and for the reasons I stated in the initial post. Those who gave $150,000 to McGill have benefited from that decision. My money to UGA goes to EDUCATION and scholarships for worthy students. Five per year are paid for out of our endowments. I enjoy seeing students who apply themselves succeed. Each to his or her own.. 65

Your points are all over the place. Using the term "snowflake" is not relevant to season ticketholders. Snowflakes refer to those millinnials and that generation do not have season tickets . As a father to a 21 and 24 year old ( 3rd generation Dawgs who grew up going to every home game) and both went to UGA I know they will never buy season tickets. Nor cable tv either, but that is another subject.

There are too many factors at play in my opinion. The studvent has belabored the game in Jacksonville every year and that hugely impacts the home schedule. The SECE being weak doesn't help. Tech sucking doesn't help either. While adding a couple of big out of conference opponents may help a little, for most it is easier to buy 1 game in the open market vs paying for 4-5 yawners per season and 2-3 noon kickoffs. Having ND at home kept me buying tickets another season - for that pleasure I got to endure the 2018 home schedule of (App State, Samford, Miss St, Mizzou, S Carolina, KY).

The 2021 schedule may be even worse.

This isn't the 90's anymore. Every game is on TV. HDTV even. Times have changed. The secondary marketplace makes it easy to buy just the one decent home game per season and better tickets for away games too, since again Magill gets most of those as well.

Adding neutral site games in Charlotte or Atlanta is great for the AA's bank account and Magill Society members. Season ticketholders get crappy seats, much worse than they have in Sanford.

And this isn't even pointing out the AA runs their "non-profit" operation AT A PROFIT. Every-single-year. And for with that they gave the peasants LED lights.

$40mil in a pandemic year, smh.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...-financial-report/FZJZJXXP2JFFPMYADQYBVJULBA/

Last edited:
Your points are all over the place. Using the term "snowflake" is not relevant to season ticketholders. Snowflakes refer to those millinnials and that generation do not have season tickets . As a father to a 21 and 24 year old ( 3rd generation Dawgs who grew up going to every home game) and both went to UGA I know they will never buy season tickets. Nor cable tv either, but that is another subject.

There are too many factors at play in my opinion. The studvent has belabored the game in Jacksonville every year and that hugely impacts the home schedule. The SECE being weak doesn't help. Tech sucking doesn't help either. While adding a couple of big out of conference opponents may help a little, for most it is easier to buy 1 game in the open market vs paying for 4-5 yawners per season and 2-3 noon kickoffs. Having ND at home kept me buying tickets another season - for that pleasure I got to endure the 2018 home schedule of (App State, Samford, Miss St, Mizzou, S Carolina, KY).

The 2021 schedule may be even worse.

This isn't the 90's anymore. Every game is on TV. HDTV even. Times have changed. The secondary marketplace makes it easy to buy just the one decent home game per season and better tickets for away games too, since again Magill gets most of those as well.

Adding neutral site games in Charlotte or Atlanta is great for the AA's bank account and Magill Society members. Season ticketholders get crappy seats, much worse than they have in Sanford.

And this isn't even pointing out the AA runs their "non-profit" operation AT A PROFIT. Every-single-year. And for with that they gave the peasants LED lights.

$40mil in a pandemic year, smh.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...-financial-report/FZJZJXXP2JFFPMYADQYBVJULBA/
The $$$$ game is the UGA Athletic Dept and they play It well. 65

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT