ADVERTISEMENT

Age vs first song of your party night...

MonolithicDawgX

Three-Peat Enthusiast
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
You are gonna hit it hard, don't need a reason (or do you?) But what is your age and the song you want to kick the night off with?

Me, either AC/DC Highway to Hell but probably want ZZ Top LaGrange just to get that first drink right.

Let's go with age and songs.. I'm almost 57. 1984 is my HS grad year.

Come on... anyone can say a song, but without your age, it loses meaning. I fully expect @kubi13 to pick Barbie because his movie is out, but I don't know if he is 12 or 57... Come on... let's get cranked up (by age)!

• Haha
Reactions: kubi13
57, also Class of '84

Prince- Let's Go Crazy
Good Lordt I wanted to hate Prince in those days... I was Van Halen and rock... but spring break with all Prince changed that... college at UGA got me into his old stuff...Lady Cab Driver, Controversy... but Erotic City may be his best work, ever...I didn't know that in 84/85

You are gonna hit it hard, don't need a reason (or do you?) But what is your age and the song you want to kick the night off with?

Me, either AC/DC Highway to Hell but probably want ZZ Top LaGrange just to get that first drink right.

Thuggish ruggish bone

Age 43

Age 57, almost 58, class of 1983. Unchained - Van Halen. Let's rock
I shouldn't do this in a happy thread, but f Van Hagar... IYKYK... Ride or Die with DLR... (I won't really fight this, b/c I like Sammy, but not together...sue me, we are different people. )

Reactions: StillADawg
Age 57, almost 58, class of 1983. Unchained - Van Halen. Let's rock
This is Me exactly. Class of 83, first concert was VH at 14. Opening a concert it’s Unchained was a memorable experience!!! Last three concerts were VH in 08, 12, and 15. All VIP Front Row, with Backstage access and able to watch sound check. Those set me back $1000 a pop!

Good Lordt I wanted to hate Prince in those days... I was Van Halen and rock... but spring break with all Prince changed that... college at UGA got me into his old stuff...Lady Cab Driver, Controversy... but Erotic City may be his best work, ever...I didn't know that in 84/85

I knew/loved Prince but wasn't keen to Erotic City until I started dating a gal from Dahlonega Ga in the fall of '84

Wasn't the last thing she taught me either

• Love
Reactions: MonolithicDawgX
This is Me exactly. Class of 83, first concert was VH at 14. Opening a concert it’s Unchained was a memorable experience!!! Last three concerts were VH in 08, 12, and 15. All VIP Front Row, with Backstage access and able to watch sound check. Those set me back $1000 a pop!
I did a couple of those... nostalgic, yes... your kids would've been "wtf"...Late stage VH with DLR was fun, but hard to watch... especially verdad

I knew/loved Prince but wasn't keen to Erotic City until I started dating a gal from Dahlonega Ga in the fall of '84

Kids today think WAP was a "dirty" song. Only those who have good parents or otherwise wander into Johnny's Hideway ever learn. 70s/80s 'let's go f' songs are 1000x better than today. Some youngins learn, some never do... Parliament Funkadelic should be on every parent's Playlist when their kids are of age. 18 and above, but yes.

Reactions: slobbered
I did a couple of those... nostalgic, yes... your kids would've been "wtf"...Late stage VH with DLR was fun, but hard to watch... especially verdad
Dave never was the Greatest singer, but he was the Greatest Frontman ever. Still put on a great show, but you’re right, nostalgia was a big part of it!! Eddie had sobered up by the last two and the man was still a master!

Reactions: MonolithicDawgX
Dave never was the Greatest singer, but he was the Greatest Frontman ever. Still put on a great show, but you’re right, nostalgia was a big part of it!! Eddie had sobered up by the last two and the man was still a master!
Yes and no... his latest years are hard to see... time wasn't kind to ELR or VH in particular. The Eagles have more surviving members, if I remember correctly. They're all so old...

Lyrics are one thing. When there were "albums", Depeche Mode's Black Celebration is the most underrated album ever... but that's like 86-87

Reactions: Kennyg36

65... The Who - Love Reign O're Me. Bad Arse still today! Saw them at the Omni in ATL in 1976. Them and Deep Purple were the loudest concerts I've ever been to.

Reactions: 3 Pete
I think I need one when you're 3 sheets to the wind, but can still hold your own on the dance floor.. DMSR by Prince as an example...he calls out the beats...

65... The Who - Love Reign O're Me. Bad Arse still today! Saw them at the Omni in ATL in 1976. Them and Deep Purple were the loudest concerts I've ever been to.
Saw The Who 25th Anniversary Tour in 88 at Lakewood. Extremely Loud. Loudest concert I ever saw was AC/DC , For Those About To Rock Tour in 82. Saw from the 3rd row on the right side.Had a ringing in that ear for about 10 days and it sounded like I was underwater when people were talking to me. I know I have hearing damage.

Reactions: Kennyg36
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT