ADVERTISEMENT

Ain’t spent too much time on here keeping up lately….

So your argument is that the largest companies are in democratic areas, so it shouldn't count? See those states in red? They ARE on welfare. 41% of Alabama's revenue comes from the federal government and everyone here is convinced the federal government IS the problem.
My point is that the largest cities in any country will generate the most income, and in turn, the most tax revenue. And the fact that you are using this as some kind of argument that there should be more federal or voting power resting with those more wealthy States runs totally counter to stated democrat principles of equality, etc.

The nature of federal spending on things like military and other services are a function of geography and population.....not tax revenue.

Camp Lejeune and Fort Bragg are in North Carolina. Let's move them to NYC because they pay more taxes.

My point is that the largest cities in any country will generate the most income, and in turn, the most tax revenue. And the fact that you are using this as some kind of argument that there should be more federal or voting power resting with those more wealthy States runs totally counter to stated democrat principles of equality, etc.

The nature of federal spending on things like military and other services are a function of geography and population.....not tax revenue.

Camp Lejeune and Fort Bragg are in North Carolina. Let's move them to NYC because they pay more taxes.
Nah man. Somebody was talking about when states fail, we all have to pay for it. Then I just pulled up a map of states that are a drag on the government, and lo and behold, Oregon ain't one of them. Where the vast majority of our fair commenters live, myself included, however. . .

Thanks for calling me an idiot. And it's shortsighted, not short sided.
You are correct. I don’t know if it was my quick typing or spell check. Either way I made the mistake.
Read more carefully next time. I did not say you were an idiot. I said that view is idiotic. I do things and have views that are misguided and idiotic at times. Those are actions. That is totally different.

Nah man. Somebody was talking about when states fail, we all have to pay for it. Then I just pulled up a map of states that are a drag on the government, and lo and behold, Oregon ain't one of them. Where the vast majority of our fair commenters live, myself included, however. . .
I don't think the residents of a State paying more taxes to the federal government give an excuse for the State Government of said State to mis-manage their finances such that the residents of that State and every other State should be obligated to pay for their mis-management.

Absolutely zero correlation between the two issues. If anything, my guess is that the wealthy residents of States like NYand California are already pissed enough that they have to pay 10% plus in State tax income to their states to begin with. I would turn your argument around and say that those residents have even more of a reason to bitch about their State's mis-management. Which incidently is why I personally know 20+ Californians who have moved to Texas or Colorado in the past four years.

Reactions: ToddBburn
I don't think the residents of a State paying more taxes to the federal government give an excuse for the State Government of said State to mis-manage their finances such that the residents of that State and every other State should be obligated to pay for their mis-management.

Absolutely zero correlation between the two issues. If anything, my guess is that the wealthy residents of States like NYand California are already pissed enough that they have to pay 10% plus in State tax income to their states to begin with. I would turn your argument around and say that those residents have even more of a reason to bitch about their State's mis-management. Which incidently is why I personally know 20+ Californians who have moved to Texas or Colorado in the past four years.
Texas and Colorado are both green on that map.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT