ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama vs. Georgia

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020
The Alabama defensive front is about to run up against an offensive line like it has not seen this season. Carson Beck has been incredibly difficult to pressure, period, let alone sack. Also, Kendall Milton is running like a man possessed.

The Georgia defense will face as dynamic of an athlete as it has seen all year in Jalen Milroe. The guy is a hell of wheels when he is running the ball. I anticipate him doing it a lot on Saturday.

Both teams have elements that should worry the other.

I believe the collective matchup of Tykee Smith, Chaz Chambliss, Marvin Jones Jr., Smael Mondon, and Javon Bullard vs. Robbie Outz, CJ Dippre, Kendrick Law, Amari Niblack, JC Latham, and Kadyn Proctor is the key here.

I'll eat my hat if Alabama throws the ball all over the yard on Georgia. Lassiter probably shadows Burton (Georgia wins that matchup). Alabama could end up having success in the passing game if they beat Georgia on the edge in the run game. Smith, Chambliss, Jones Jr., Mondon, Bullard, and, to a certain extent Mykel Williams are responsible for spilling and subsequently containing perimeter runs. Can they strike and defeat the primary edge blocker I listed for Bama? That's the game folks. If Georgia contains well and makes Alabama one-dimensional, this game belongs to Georgia. However, in the 2021 SECCG, Alabama came in one-dimensional, with no run game and we all know it didn't turn out that way.

Also, I personally believe this is the first time Smart has taken on Saban where he knows he has the better QB. Smart has a strong belief in Beck. He's seen him compete against generational defenses day in and day out in the last few seasons at Georgia. He has seen that turn into success as the starter on the field and has seen Beck play CLUTCH in big-game environments. There will be no protecting the QB in this one or picking spots on when to let the governor off of the offense. No, Smart (and Bobo) are going to let it rip in this contest.

If you want to talk things over about this game with me, TK, and Knowshon, then join the Call In Show below tonight at 8:30. The link will be in the comments when you tune in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News