ADVERTISEMENT

All 8 DawgsOnTour make the cut at The US Open! Unreal!

NFLDawg

2 South Myers
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2003
Behind Enemy Lines, FL
pro.experience.com
Just having 8 DawgsOnTour in the 156-man field of this week's US Open at Pinehurst #2 was more than any other school, but with the cut moving to +5 late in the day (Scottie Scheffler survives!) ALL 8 Dawgs make the cut! That's 11% of the weekend field in what's come to be known as The Toughest Test in Golf (winning scores are often near even par for 72 holes).

Russell Henley leads the way at even par with a pair of 70s and is T16, but at T27 just two strokes behind are Sepp Straka (who had a very cool hole-in-one on #9 today), Brian Harman, Chris Kirk, and Davis Thompson (who spent most of his front nine on the first page of the Leaderboard before cooling off on the back nine). Also making the cut were Harris English at +3 (T37), and Brendon Todd and Grayson Sigg, both at +5 (T57). Sigg shot +6 on Thursday and double bogeyed his first hole today and was 5 shots out of making the cut (at that time). He didn't give up though, and he played his last 17 holes in -3 and watched as the cut line moved to +5 and he made the weekend. Very well done, young man!

Y'all have no idea how much fun it is for me living amongst all these heathen Gaytors outside of Tampa (one of my best friends played on UFaG's 1993 National Championship Golf Team). Tomorrow morning, I will be on the Practice Tee for our 40-man Saturday game in all my Dawg best annoy, er, talking about our dominance on the PGA Tour. Scottie, Schmottie!

Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News