ADVERTISEMENT

All the Rose Bowl couch criticism of Kirby and the way we played against Bama…

QueGA

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I’m not gonna sit here and say I agree with our game plan in the SECCG or pretend I understand why we did what we did - or maybe didn’t do what we didn’t do…

But my biggest concern about that game and any future SECCG is the fact that more often that not, year after year, we just look out of gas by the time we get to Atlanta. I think that, more than anything, affected the game plan we all witnessed. Beyond the actual injuries (and there were TONS), were beat up and worn out.

What looked like a scared lack of aggression may have been the result of difficult- and most definitely at times, poor - decision making due to our team’s physical and mental energy.

Kirby is a monster when we have time to prepare and we’re healthy/fresh, as in the playoffs. I’m not concerned about any opponent - including Bama - in that scenario.

I’m not sure what can be done to fix it. I’m just saying, we do not play our best in Atlanta, and I think we have to figure out a way to not be running on fumes when that game inevitably comes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News