ADVERTISEMENT

Another analyst takes a look at a Vol player for the NFL draft and makes fun of Heupel's offense....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
"At 5.44 YC per carry, Wright scores in the 80th percentile all time. I don’t grade on a curve, but his creative ability really does stand out in this group. Wright is a rare breed of speed, power, and elusiveness – he can win all three ways. He has explosive speed to the edge to blast by defenders, and then he can consistently churn his legs forward for 2-3 extra yards.

The thing is, Tennessee’s offense isn’t real. Sorry, Vols fans! Their spread-based attack heavily uses condensed WR splits and bunch formations to the wide side of the field, resulting in one of the most contrived offenses that I’ve ever seen. This is not an excuse for Wright at all, but instead, it offers an important bit of context.

Overall, Wright saw six or fewer defenders in the box on exactly 80% of his carries. That’s unreal. You can nearly count on one hand how often he saw eight or more defenders stacked (9% of the time). As a result, Wright saw nearly 2.0 yards blocked every time he took a carry — the second-best mark in the class.

I believe he will face a learning curve at the next level just to get used to a “normal” offense. The good news is that he’s very young – Wright just turned 21 years old."

https://www.fantasypoints.com/nfl/articles/season/2024/yards-created-rookie-class-breakdown#/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News