ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you boys ever toted an ass-whooping at a

What’s a Homeowners Association?

I am not ever paying for a association to tell me where I can plant a tree and what I can have in my backyard or how many cars I can have in my driveway. I don’t a ego power trip nazi telling how I should live within my home or yard .

that’s how I feel about HOA .

Homeowners Association Meeting?
Have met with a bunch of them over the years as a developer. They always come in with pitchforks but usually leave surprised that the cigar smoking rain forest destroying Disney character they had envisioned turned out to be good dudes. I have seen them get personal and in that case I fire back. Amazing how folks opinions on zoning and property rights immediately change once they move in.

“I just moved here and built a house, but I am so tired of people moving here and building places to live. I’m gonna tell them they can’t and tell existing residents where and where not to park their boats”

Well, I live in a 72-home deed-restricted neighborhood, and I am president of the HOA. My wife was president before me. The deed restrictions are reasonable and in no way onerous, but it is absolutely amazing to me how inconsiderate and irresponsible people can be. They think they are somehow above the rules that they agreed to when they bought their home.

I got an asshole to the left of me, a shithead to the right, and here I am, stuck in the middle with this thankless job.

Everybody thinks HOAs suck, but out of 100 homes, you can bet there are at least 2 or 3 who would paint their houses pink with purple polka dots, or park junk cars in their driveway on blocks, etc.
At that point, you’ll be happy to have an HOA. Unless you’re the asshole.

Having said that, yes, some are onerous. Our new management company says they have to be notified if I am replacing my roof, even with the same color, or if I am having the house painted, again even if the same color. They can kiss my behind, cause that ain’t happening.

I am not ever paying for a association to tell me where I can plant a tree and what I can have in my backyard or how many cars I can have in my driveway. I don’t a ego power trip nazi telling how I should live within my home or yard .

That’s is the tip of the iceberg. Neighbors weaponize the HOA when they don’t like someone. A buddy was President of his, and he’d never do it again.

Everybody thinks HOAs suck, but out of 100 homes, you can bet there are at least 2 or 3 who would paint their houses pink with purple polka dots, or park junk cars in their driveway on blocks, etc.
At that point, you’ll be happy to have an HOA. Unless you’re the asshole.

Having said that, yes, some are onerous. Our new management company says they have to be notified if I am replacing my roof, even with the same color, or if I am having the house painted, again even if the same color. They can kiss my behind, cause that ain’t happening.
I'm a roofer. Just saying lol.

Well, I live in a 72-home deed-restricted neighborhood, and I am president of the HOA. My wife was president before me. The deed restrictions are reasonable and in no way onerous, but it is absolutely amazing to me how inconsiderate and irresponsible people can be. They think they are somehow above the rules that they agreed to when they bought their home.

I got an asshole to the left of me, a shithead to the right, and here I am, stuck in the middle with this thankless job.
Why would you do that to yourself?

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
The hoa president of our neighborhood stopped to tell my wife how we could and couldn’t park. I follow rules. I don’t mind them if they aren’t ridiculous. I hate cars on the street when I try to back out. I understand other houses may have visitors. I feel like I am reasonable. This guy didn’t introduce himself. Shake a hand or anything. My parents were visiting. So he said unless they are visiting no one can park at the street. It wasn’t a bad request. I see them talking so I open my door and start walking up the driveway. He looks at me and takes off. I was just coming up there to introduce myself. We had been there for two weeks. Maybe he thought I was coming up there to punch him. Lol. I ended up calling him later in the same week. I would imagine that could be a thankless job. Pretty much would suck. Been there three years and never been to a meeting. No one has messed with us yet. Knock on wood.

Last edited:

you like 6 cars in the drive way and 5 on the street?
tell me you not that guy lol

Reactions: George Hayduke
The hoa president of our neighborhood stopped to tell my wife how we could and couldn’t park. I follow rules. I don’t mind them if they aren’t ridiculous. I hate cars on the street when I try to back out. I understand other houses may have visitors. I feel like I am reasonable. This guy didn’t introduce himself. Shake a hand or anything. My parents were visiting. So he said unless they are visiting no one can park at the street. It wasn’t a bad request. I see them talking so I open my door and start walking up the driveway. He looks at me and takes off. I was just coming up there to introduce myself. We had been there for two weeks. Maybe he thought I was coming up there to punch him. Lol. I ended up calling him later in that week. I would imagine that is a thankless job. Pretty much would suck. Been there three years and never been to a meeting. No one has messed with us yet. Knock on wood.
parking on the street drives me crazy
i love when neighbors have folks over of days and just park right in front of my house
trash

Reactions: zingerdawg
my guess is cause he’d rather run it than let some other dip wad run it.
LOL. First of all, I love where I live and want it to be a place where people are neighbors and friends. When new people move in, my wife bakes them cookies, and I deliver them and introduce myself. I get their contact info and give them a brief overview of the HOA. Just last week, I did this and met a young couple and their son who had just moved up from Boca. They were blown away and said that no one would ever do that down in Boca. I found out how old there son is and told him where all his new potential play buddies live in the neighborhood and their names. The parents were so thankful. We waive and speak to everybody, even the asshole next door. When my wife was president, she organized the first neighborhood party in forever. It was a great success, and hopefully we will do it next year when everyone is over the panicdemic. We spread Southern Hospitality.

Second, when my wife was president, I took on the job of supervising maintenance of the neighborhood common areas, which were below par. That is where my main interest is regarding the HOA, keeping our neighborhood beautiful. I just got off the phone with my County Commissioner's office registering a complaint about Waste Management not picking up yard trash in a timely manner. Before that, I chewed out Everado because his sorry-ass yard crew is not pulling weeds as required in the maintenance contract. Exciting stuff, I know.

LOL. First of all, I love where I live and want it to be a place where people are neighbors and friends. When new people move in, my wife bakes them cookies, and I deliver them and introduce myself. I get their contact info and give them a brief overview of the HOA. Just last week, I did this and met a young couple and their son who had just moved up from Boca. They were blown away and said that no one would ever do that down in Boca. I found out how old there son is and told him where all his new potential play buddies live in the neighborhood and their names. The parents were so thankful. We waive and speak to everybody, even the asshole next door. When my wife was president, she organized the first neighborhood party in forever. It was a great success, and hopefully we will do it next year when everyone is over the panicdemic. We spread Southern Hospitality.

Second, when my wife was president, I took on the job of supervising maintenance of the neighborhood common areas, which were below par. That is where my main interest is regarding the HOA, keeping our neighborhood beautiful. I just got off the phone with my County Commissioner's office registering a complaint about Waste Management not picking up yard trash in a timely manner. Before that, I chewed out Everado because his sorry-ass yard crew is not pulling weeds as required in the maintenance contract. Exciting stuff, I know.

a close relative of mine now occupies my townhouse (willed to me by my Mom).
granted, she is a bit of an extravagant personality.

in the past, she's been asked to change a thing or two outdoors;
not sure about the outdoor decoration,
but her garden is immaculate.~!

I get random unsolicited offers/inquiries through the mail regularly.

Last edited:

Would like to hire you for any neighborhood I have lived in nearly ever. Most presidents are power hungry dil holes, that only want your money and to hassle you. Glad to hear you are different. :)

you like 6 cars in the drive way and 5 on the street?
tell me you not that guy lol

alabama law doesn’t allow parking on the street because it’s a hazard for emergency vehicles. Yes it’s enforced.

you can park for a birthday party or something like that but not overnight. So that cover here in law

That’s

that’s a job you can have…..as you said, a “thankless job”. too many negatives for me, let somebody else do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT