ADVERTISEMENT

anybody ever been to Old Hickory Rd, down from Graceland, and ate those El Salvadoran tamales

wayxpython

Diehard supporter
Oct 20, 2011
Willacoochee, GA
from trunk of that illegal alien's car? some of best tamales I've ever ate, my ole lady can eat 'bout 30 in one sitting. wonder if he still operates from that location, or I.C.E. finally caught up with him?
images

from trunk of that illegal alien's car? some of best tamales I've ever ate, my ole lady can eat 'bout 30 in one sitting. wonder if he still operates from that location, or I.C.E. finally caught up with him?
images

In my American life, I have never tasted a tamale.

However, I did absolutely enjoy breakfast tacos purchased, on a roadside, from the trunk of car of a Mexican man and his daughter in Austin, Texas. Best ever tacos, with eggs, cheese, link sausage on soft taco shells.

images
I been to that BBQ restaurant just down from Graceland where they have Elvis's tiny little performance suit in a glass case. Had no idea the king was a midget. Mind blowed.

In my American life, I have never tasted a tamale.

However, I did absolutely enjoy breakfast tacos purchased, on a roadside, from the trunk of car of a Mexican man and his daughter in Austin, Texas. Best ever tacos, with eggs, cheese, link sausage on soft taco shells.
Talames are my favorite Mexican food of all. Unfortunately, they are not Keto friendly. So now I just watch others enjoy them.

images
You ain't lived till you have eaten trunk tamales. Used to buy those for $5/dozen in Houston. Spicy pork tamales with verde sauce. Boom! I was extatic to learn the box company across from us employs a bunch of Mexicans and there is a woman who comes every morning selling breakfast tacos. Those things are skrong.

There is an authentic Guatemalan/Columbian restaurant across from the Big Chicken in this dump I am mired in. The little old momma who owns it has people cooking all night long, delicious soups and stews. They get 100 on every Health Department inspection, which is important to me with 3rd world food. Don't need no cucaracha in my oxtail soup.

They serve lots of pork belly and everything is prepared with fresh ingredients and in authentic style, prepared with love. The Tamale Guatemaltecos is like a loaf of corn bread wrapped around a huge chunk of pork or chicken with the bones on. Stuffed with delicious vegetables and a spicy sauce which soaks into the cornbread. One tamale and a good street-style taco is a big meal. Here is their menu: http://lacarreta.co/our-menu/

images

yes, the demographics have really changed there since we moved back in '00.

Don't even recognize my old hood anymore. All of my friends have moved to the Franklin area.

Tamales are great though....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT