ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Anyone have this happen to them on a flight before?

jocotrojandawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2006
So this morning after a weekend visiting a friend who lives in the Philly suburbs where we did a baseball road trip to a Phillies game on Friday, Red Sox game on Saturday, and the Yankees doubleheader yesterday, I had a Delta flight out of Philadelphia at 5:30 that was supposed to land in Atlanta at 7:30.

Fast forward to 7:30, and the plane can’t land in Atlanta because of the storm passing through, when the plane was trying to land it was bumpy like I was on the Scream Machine at Six Flags, and we are diverted to Greenville.

While on the ground in Greenville, the captain tells us that the plane might have suffered some damage from the turbulence from the storm, and they were sending a maintenance team from Atlanta to check it out.

With everything else to Atlanta being full, Delta busses us back to Atlanta from Greenville and my trip that was supposed to end at 7:30 ends at 2pm instead.

Has this ever happened to anyone before where they ended up being bussed to their destination?

And do you think I can maybe send a nicely worded email to Delta and get some credit or extra miles or something for my 2 hour flight turning into a 8.5 hour nightmare? I’m not high priority by any means but I do have a Delta SkyMiles card and my firm has SkyBonus so there’s that. I mean, Delta could say “you better be glad we didn’t leave your ass in Greenville” and that would be perfectly reasonable, but hell I don’t think it hurts to ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News