ADVERTISEMENT

Are coaches completely losing their minds?

Dawgdocindosta

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2001
There are always head scratcher calls that we remember from year to year. But I don't think I have ever seen a complete 180 turn from the "take the points and play field position" mantra that has been almost biblical for my lifetime. Last night was a microcosm of just that situation. While there are numerous examples, the Duke coach (who I respect greatly and think has done a great job) lost his mind and went for it on fourth down and a long three with his back up quarterback! Take the three points and go up by six with all the momentum! Instead he turns it over on downs and FSU marches 92 yards down the field to begin the route. Miami a few weeks ago. The list goes on. What is happening to these guys - they are paid millions to make good calls and win. But it seems they would prefer to roll the dice. I think I could make better in game calls than some of these guys - and that's a real insult to coaching!

On a separate note - the referees are really stinking it up this year too. More so than usual in my opinion.

JC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News