ADVERTISEMENT

Are we selling our big guys short?

elevator

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
It appears to me that getting Cook was the most important piece we needed this off season after our losses. I haven't seen enough video on any of our three post guys (none on Taylor) I hope can combine to give us what we need. From what I have seen and heard about Baker he can be a defensive presence, especially in certain situations. The video I saw of Braelin he appeared to have a decent low block, back to the bucket game. He reminded me of a much bigger Garcia. And he's experienced. Taylor is a mystery for me, but he is still on board so someone expects him to play some I guess. I sure heard some nice things about him when we signed him. Evidently he has some talent . I wish he had gotten some more minutes last year. I have seen enough of Ned and McMillan to not expect much from either. Imo, our post needs will be more defensive than offensive, since we will have a very athletic bunch of 6-5 to 6-7 players who can score at the rim and rebound enough in today's game. With what we have right now, I believe this is a better roster than we had last year. It's gonna be a challenge for the staff to meld them into a cohesive unit, but with most of them being experienced players and Crean's system not being complicated I feel good at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News