ADVERTISEMENT

As some mentioned, some Dawgvent takes on the Kirby hire.....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
I will say, from what I read there were just as many, if not more, excited by it. Most couldn't get over being left at the airport in 2009 with no arrival.

"Kirby doesn't know recruiting like Cornbread does" Dawg:
Best case to me is Herman with Pruitt. We would likely keep the recruits largely intact.

Kirby in with Pruitt gone sounds like a recipe for a bad NSD.

Kirby's a dirty rotten liar Dawg:
He's already proven how trustworthy he is
And you want him as a HC?
What a joke

Chip Towers knows coaching Dawg: The AJC article is spot on.UGA is a top 5 job and shouldn't be hiring an unproven guy and HOPE he can do the job.LOT of diff in a #1 and a #2 man.For every MR or B Stoops,there are a dozen Will Muschamps.I'll support our coach regardless,but an unproven coach is a BIG gamble.One a school like UGA shouldn't be taking.

"He's the bizarro Dan Mullen" Dawg: I'm am honestly baffled ppl want Kirby lap dog Smart as the head coach of the university of Georgia. We don't need a recruiter we need a head coach

Lost my mind Dawg: should we be pulling for Florida this weekend so Kirby could come on board full time after the game this weekend? Surely he wouldn't stay at AL if they are not in the championship hunt. I feel like I should be struck by lightning for even typing the words "pulling for Florida" but it could really help recruiting if he's here full time. Thoughts?

"He's already got one foot out the door" Dawg: is that an argument can be made that he has more of a home at Bama now than Georgia. Yes, he's from South Georgia. But he only spent four years at UGA. He's spent twice that with Bama and three times that with Saban, who eventually will step down. We should be prepared for Bama to come calling if Kirby is successful here. And we're Georgia. We will NOT enter a bidding war and wouldn't be able to win anyway. Mama may be calling now. But someday Daddy may come busting the door down.

"Forget McGarity, Eason should decide who our next coach is" Dawg: If Eason is not a lock w/ Kirby, then Herman should be a no-brainer. If Eason is good w/ Kirby, I'm good w/ Kirby.

Kirby called Herman "Sensei" Dawg: From what I can see one that scores a lot of points and is very tough to stop. 680 was talking about how smart and kiffin went down to houston after getting waxed by osu last year and they had herman put on a little clinic for them on how he runs his offense because they clearly had no idea how to stop it.

"I'm thinking Tom Herman, but I'm really talking about Dan Mullen" Dawg: He coached 3 of the greatest qbs in college history including the starting qb for the kc chiefs(Alex Smith). In addition a guy named Tim Tebow and cam Newton and would have had another first rounder if cordaleJones would have come out last year. Oh I almost forgot Josh Harris from bowling Green and Chris Leake from Florida. Not sure if urban has ever had a starting qb that didn't get drafted!

Powers Boothe Dawg: If that's the case, I will NOT renew my season tickets.
4351fe401a571a4345cd791433f48398.gif

Sanford half full on the horizon Dawg: I want nothing to do with Kirby Smart as head coach. My contributions and season tickets will be done.

ADGM is screwing the pooch Dawg:
between squabbling with ADGM over the freedom to hire his staff, and discussions with Saban, Saban suggested if you can't hire your staff you can't control your destiny, it's in someone else hands, for a first HC job you need complete autonomy to hire your people, build your staff. Comes from an Ala source of mine.

ADGM is going to maneuver this into hiring Dan Mullen. A cluster f@(k of monumental proportions is building.

Coaching assessment expert Dawg:
The only way you even consider Kirby is who he can retain as assistants and the staff he can bring in.

Herman as a big league candidate is so far ahead of Kirby.

JIMBO! Dawg: No but hell no on Kirby. Go after Fisher at FSU.

JIMBO will be at FSU until he retires Dawg: Personally... I see zero reason why Fisher would take the job. The ACC plus his stranglehold on the state of Florida right now makes the FSU job hard to give up. I never bought for a second he'd leave for LSU.

Kirby is small potatoes Dawg:

Why would we ever hire Kirby? What's his track record as a head coach? What has he done away from Sabans shadow? Not one thing.

We need a proven guy. This needs to be a home run hire, not someone who hasn't led a program. We're better than that.

"Like handing the keys to your Porsche over to a teenager" Dawg: Tools. But no experience. That would be an idiotic move. He might be able to keep defensive recruits in place but the offensive ones like Eason are gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News