ADVERTISEMENT

ATL Falcons draft - agree or disagree.......

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
If any team in the NCAA or NFL does not have a legitimate threat at QB, there is relatively little chance that the team will have a shot at post season championships; QB is the most important position in all sports. Matt Ryan will be 36 years old this season, and there is no guarantee that his body will hold up or that his production will be at the level needed for winning titles. A team must have a succession plan at QB. There are four really good QB prospects in this year’s draft; there are not any top notch QBs in next year’s draft. I think the Falcons should draft Trey Lance with this year’s #4 pick. He is very athletic, fast, a very good passer and is only 20 years old. Let him sit behind Ryan for a year, and I believe that the Falcons would be very strong at the QB position for a decade.

Taking Pitts certainly has merit. Trading back certainly has merit. Taking Sewell certainly has merit. But I believe that TL has so much potential and all of the tools that a great QB must have, and with the premium on QBs, I would take him at #4. He reminds me of Josh Allen with the Buffalo Bills.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News