ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg ATL Spring Break has apparently broken 30A’s patience!

Wow.

On a different topic, but related, I see a lot of folks complaining about beach access at 30A. I saw a video or two of rental security running people off of the private beaches. Man, I'd have an issue with that.

I imagine it is compounded by loads of spring breakers.
Need an expert here. Is any section of the beach in Walton County actually “private” or are there just objects (property) in the way, restricting individuals access to the beach?

It's still the most beautiful stretch of beach in Florida. 30A is really hard to beat in the off-season which is when I go. Peak summer is crowded everywhere.
I used to go to the beach where the restaurant called the Porch was located. We would go eat there before leaving. I wonder if that place still exists now.

It's still the most beautiful stretch of beach in Florida. 30A is really hard to beat in the off-season which is when I go. Peak summer is crowded everywhere.
We go about 2 weeks after school starts in mid-August. Get the kids out of school and we get off-season rates and smaller crowds.

Reactions: HacksawDawg
We are down in Rosemary for the week and the place is definitely packed. Videos from Seaside showed probably 1,000 kids in the street and shut down traffic on Monday. Rosemary shifted its Walton County Sheriffs Ops Center to Seaside to help out.

Rosemary has cops and security all over the place from 8pm until. Any group more than 5 gets broken up quickly.

Talking to security they are tired of the kids general disregard for the rules and the police. What was interesting is that it wasn’t the Highschool kids as much as it was the middle schoolers. 13 year olds have been the worst!

Every guy has a backpack. My kids have told me that is for alcohol and vapes. They just take people’s unoccupied seats on the beach and set up and get after it!

Seaside has now shut down at night. Even restaurants can’t serve to go food and any unaccompanied teen is confronted by police and must be with a parent. 8pm curfews down the strip.

Just strange of the month of spring breaks that take place down here, Atlanta is by far the most feared by property managers and law enforcement. Entitled kids with zero respect for authority. Families evicted nightly for breaking rules.

If you are booking next year, better have a PO Box with a different mailing address than Atlanta!
Give me the Georgia coast all day.

Yikes. 😳

This isn’t the brag you think it is.
stripes lighten GIF

Always thought Myrtle Beach was called redneck riveria. Dont think I had heard 30A called that.

We are down in Rosemary for the week and the place is definitely packed. Videos from Seaside showed probably 1,000 kids in the street and shut down traffic on Monday. Rosemary shifted its Walton County Sheriffs Ops Center to Seaside to help out.

Rosemary has cops and security all over the place from 8pm until. Any group more than 5 gets broken up quickly.

Talking to security they are tired of the kids general disregard for the rules and the police. What was interesting is that it wasn’t the Highschool kids as much as it was the middle schoolers. 13 year olds have been the worst!

Every guy has a backpack. My kids have told me that is for alcohol and vapes. They just take people’s unoccupied seats on the beach and set up and get after it!

Seaside has now shut down at night. Even restaurants can’t serve to go food and any unaccompanied teen is confronted by police and must be with a parent. 8pm curfews down the strip.

Just strange of the month of spring breaks that take place down here, Atlanta is by far the most feared by property managers and law enforcement. Entitled kids with zero respect for authority. Families evicted nightly for breaking rules.

If you are booking next year, better have a PO Box with a different mailing address than Atlanta!
Wish we had the same attitude for illegal people instead sitting aside rules for them but make 13 yr old American kids take the blame for this chaos the Democratic Party has instill in this country.

Wasnt doubting. Just hadnt heard anything other than Myrtle called that.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
To clarify some of this with more accurate info...

Seaside wasn't shut down at any time of night. Seaside instituted a curfew on the beach earlier this week whereby anyone under 21 was not allowed on the beach after 7pm unless accompanied by their parents/adult party.

I think this sort of backfired because it pushed many of these kids into Seaside itself. The main square turned into a complete zoo of pissant kids.

In response to that, Seaside and Walton County PD instituted a new plan on Weds night whereby minors were not even allowed in Seaside after 6:45pm without being accompanied by parents. It put an immediate halt to the chaos in Seaside

Atlanta gets undue blame for this week. Yes, it's when all the Atlanta folks visit for spring break, but it's also the most popular spring break for every school system in the region. One of the biggest issues in Seaside on Tuesday was a group of boys from Lexington Catholic HS in Kentucky - that group was beating people up randomly. Arrests were made.

Regarding private beaches, that's the new debate on 30A as many beachfront homeowners have begun policing their sand. These owners technically do own the sand to the high tide line. Only the "wet" sand is public beach in front of homes in Walton. (Bay County/PCB uses public money to renourish beaches so public beach is 30 feet beyond the high tide line - Walton doesn't renourish at all). This all started with Mike Huckabee in Blue Mountain Beach a few years ago. He was a major league asshole. Thankfully he's sold and no longer lives there. But it's becoming more prevalent among owners even though cops have publicly said they don't plan to enforce it, many have hired private security. You'll see signs and even ropes on sand now, too.

The biggest issue with 30A crowds of late is too much development has occurred. The huge increase in rental inventory has lowered the price point, which has brought in more visitors, but also lowered the demographic. There used to be limited inventory, and all fairly high-priced homes very close to the beach. Kept things quiet and a higher profile of guest.
Lowered the price point, you are probably right but we went for 15 plus years in a row starting in the 2002 range and 30A cost (food, rental rates and all combined )finally exceeded my budget. Just close to equivalent options at much less cost and crowd size for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT