ADVERTISEMENT

ATM baseball coach heading to UT ... total POS move after his presser yesterday

LawDawg86

GATA
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2015
So, this is the ATM coach chewing a reporter a new one after the game last night asking if he is heading to Texas where his AD he worked under at TCU is now employed:

"I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you," Schlossnagle said. "I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind.

"That's unfair to talk about something like that. That would be like you asking [Braden] Montgomery if he's going to sign in the [MLB] draft. I understand you've got to ask the question, but I gave up a big part of my life to come take this job, and I poured every ounce of my soul in this job, and I've given this job every ounce I could possibly give it. Write that."

Today, he is heading to Texas. No wonder no one has any sympathy for coaches. He could have just as easily said, I am going to take some time after this fantastic season and look into my next steps. But to chew out a reporter when he had to know he was leaving is a total POS move. His buyout is about 2.5 million but we can't pay the players.

Also, watch what will happen when he takes a huge percentage of this team with him and just guts ATM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News