ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn tears....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Losing sanity Tiger:

I think yanking Thorne for Hank was the ur-example of “it hurt itself in its confusion!”

Thorne starts we win this game. Ugly, but we’d win.

"It's like Sling Blade, except with hookers. It's like a cult movie." Tiger: How many of our blue-chip players we gonna be losing this offseason? Recruits gonna start decommitting? We're last year’s Florida.

Jimmy and Joes Tiger: Recruiting still isn’t affected. I’m still not as down on Freeze as some here will be and think his long term vision is solid.

"We running out of Yellawood" Tiger: The Auburn people have given this program everything they have asked for….and more. It is time to perform. Coaches, players, and administrative.

X's and O's Tiger:
Well, that sucked!

I couldn’t be more disappointed with the product we’re seeing on the field.

This team is not a well coached team. At some point I would end up scrapping the season and start building for the future by giving the younger guys some good reps.

Lost Highway Tiger: But yeah, imo the on the field coaching and personnel decisions are not good right now. I saw this train wreck with Hank coming a mile away.

Boy George Tiger: Everything but time. Freeze needs time. And we have to give it to him.

culture-club-time.gif

Brian Kelly Tiger:
The jury's still out on Freeze as a coach. He's a great recruiter though.

But Freeze didn't fumble the ball by the goal line, and he didn't throw 4 picks.

And that Thorne pick was on Cam. That ball was thrown perfectly to his hands. BTW, Thorne looks good at times, and bad a times. A tale of two QBs, as it were.

No pun intended Tiger: Already had my fill of the beaver toothed con man. Makes me sick to even think about him. No better than Harsin.

"Shame them" Tiger: …..and any coach that doesn’t step up….no firing…force them to face the fans and the press every single day. Daily press conferences for everyone, including administration. Resign your job if you are not up for it.

25Hstd.gif

Death penalty Tiger: Shut the damn program down.

"Look at Florida" Tiger:

We’re not gonna win by turning the coaching staff over every other year. We have to give him time.

Comedy Club Tiger: We may have looked horrible today. But let me say this. We're still Auburn, and if Oklahoma thinks they can just waltz into JHS next week and have their way with us, then, well, they're probably right.

Trapped Tiger: We really don’t have a choice regardless of what any of us say. There are financial limitations for everyone at some point and it is what it is. The whole thing has just become one big fat s***show sadly.

"We ain't out of Egypt yet, but the sea has been parted....maybe" Tiger: Well, it is going to be a longer rebuild than anticipated. Turnovers have cost us two games. We need talent is so many positions. We do not have a QB that is capable to even manage a game let alone win one. The Ollie actually looked decent. The defense still continues to give up 3rd and longs, guess that’s our curse. Other than that the defense improved a little. We are who the experts said we were bottom tier of the SEC. It is what it is. As long as we keep recruiting we will get to the promised land, I guess…

"It's too soon, but appears we're rebooting Sling Blade" Tiger: Freeze will get three years minimum, but this blaming past coaches need to stop. Auburn top to bottom is more talented than both Arkansas (whose coach is on his last leg) and Cal. Next year, the team will be very young so I don't expect an uptick on wins.

Stevie Wonder Tiger:
This will earn me a lot of downvotes. Sigh.

Thorne is a better QB than Pavia.

RIP WarEagle: I’m convinced it won’t. Said it in the other thread. The Texas teams and Oklahoma did Auburn in as far as SEC pecking order. And Ole Miss and Missouri having better coaches kills us even more. We likely won’t ever see the 2004/2010 Auburn again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.