ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Refs seems to be Epidemic

wstugamd

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2006

Refs are human and they make mistakes. We all accept that. It sucks when it costs your team a chance at victory.

Back to how bad the SEC refs are……Im not sure making them full time employees fixes the issue. I would agree the NFL as a whole has more consistent officiating.

How do you fix a call like this? I get the ref not seeing the face mask grab, but the twisting of the head made it kinda obvious as did the defender grabbing his head like I just messed up. Ref just missed it. All of them.

Some will say we need to expand replay. I’ll disagree. Would be nice to have replay for a clear and obvious bad call like this one, but I feel replay rarely gets the so obvious everyone agrees it’s correct.

I wish college would go to a system like the nfl. Scores and TO are all reviewed and each team gets 2 challenges with a 3rd if the first two are correct. Perhaps even expand the challenges to include objectively obvious errors like the face ask above, or in a natty, offsides like the 10rc/bama game last week or Tyler Simmons. However that opens the door to reviewing nuanced calls like holding or pi in a vacuum and not in real time.

I don’t know what the answer is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.