ADVERTISEMENT

Beck is really improving…

RingoTheBell

3-Peat for Big Dev
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2020
Going back and rewatching the game, you can only see so much on the TV copy. It appears that he’s getting the ball out on time, though, and that sometimes a sack is the safest play, granted the ball isn’t stripped. Yes, there were misses, like the 4th down in the first quarter, but it was because UAB basically brought a well-timed blitz.

I expect Auburn to blitz early and often Saturday (duh) given that he’s in his first road start. They’re going to try to pressure him into mistakes. I think we’ve done our job here harping on the missed throws, of which there have been a few, but I walked away from UAB as a novice fan believing two things:

1. Beck has really made a lot of the correct decisions even if they’re not “wow” decisions, and

2. Mike Bobo called an excellent game Saturday.

I expect us to come out and try to run the ball and shorten the game a bit on Auburn to try to hammer at their depth a little bit. If we’re able to control the ball, there’s a scenario where we win convincingly. If we come out and go 3 and out, I’ll be buckling my personal seatbelt. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News