ADVERTISEMENT

Beck Turning It Around

NavyDawg22

War Daddy
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2012
So, hearing multiple national personalities saying Beck has lost millions of dollars the last few weeks with his awful performances.

I kind of feel bad for the kid since I think half of this is on our wide receivers doing a lot better job and our LT not being solid.

So here is what I'm hearing. He is not trustworthy with the ball and makes poor decisions. Also, hearing that he is now a 3rd to 5th round pick vs. a day 1 pick.

Ooof that is some major criticism.

How does a guy regress this much in 1 year?

- Happy feet - many people have mentioned it but he is not getting his feet set this year and this is causing poor accuracy. This MUST be fixed. you cannot throw off your back foot.
- Looking down his primary receiver. This is probably the cause of half of his interceptions this year. He just stares guys down and the word is out on him to watch his eyes. In the pros the players are even better at reading qbs eyes so he MUST fix this.
- Getting on the same page with wide receivers. Just does not have the confidence in any of our guys. This takes practice reps. Just more reps with the primary wrs.
- Too quick to go check down to the back out in the flat. This kind of goes along with the happy feet.

So not sure if it is Coley or Bobo who is doing the coaching but he looked like he was getting right and then this game happened. Granted Texas has a good defense with NFL guys on it.

I think Beck can improve his draft stock back up to the top of the 2nd round with some great performances in the next few games and a run in the playoffs. I believe he is better than what some national media types are saying. Here's what needs to happen and if it does it may be the difference in us winning it all.

- 3 step drop, set feet, first read, 2nd read throw or 3rd read if pocket is good and then throw.
- Maybe 3 or 4 designed runs
- Getting play action back with a better running game would help
- Better tackle play will help
- Throw the ball away or run if everyone is covered
- Wide receivers get open
- Wide receivers catch the dang ball
- Wide receivers make some contested catches.

Reactions: GoDawgs1371
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.