ADVERTISEMENT

Bible study coming back to KY schools

I think it is a great idea, If the left can teach about sexual orientation and transgender stuff, why not teach some Bible study as well. It can't hurt the kids to learn bible teachings.
Not much on religion but all I know is the world was a better place when this was taught so maybe if it gives kids a moral compass (wishful thinking) it will be a positive.
I’m on God’s side . I pray the atheists reconsider. This country is so morally FUBAR because we’ve gotten away from Bible teachings. Never too late to return. The kids need it SO badly.

Fine by me so long as they have classes that teach about other religions too (which it appears they do not). They're just inviting litigation.
Plenty of scum lawyers to litigate. Also plenty of scum school officials to offer classes in sorcery and how to kill and skin a cat. You'll all get your diverse classes, don't fret.

Best class I ever took in class was an evolution class.
3 IDEAS
1. What believers believe
2. What non-believers believe
3. How #2 is NO WAY possible
So basically a class that wasn’t based in science. That’s pretty fantastic. Maybe you should have attended a school that teaches science instead of fairy tales

Fairy tale? LOL. Have fun playing with fireballs the rest of your life! Ain't nothing fairy about that other than the look in your mirror.
I get it. Science is hard. Much easier to pretend the world is 6000 years old and that Jesus rode a dinosaur on Palm Sunday. Santa Claus isn’t real either, by the way

Hey, man. It's your call, not mine. Go vote for Hillary again, kill more babies and raise taxes. All good here. I know who I answer to. Good luck Brother...and yeah, the tooth fairy is real. Brought my 5 year old a $1 for his tooth last night

Hey, man. It's your call, not mine. Go vote for Hillary again, kill more babies and raise taxes. All good here. I know who I answer to. Good luck Brother...and yeah, the tooth fairy is real. Brought my 5 year old a $1 for his tooth last night
Well now I’m jealous of your 5 year old. You got me there

And Brother, you will never ruin my day. From the readings, your day was ruined with Kentucky bringing the BIBLE back. There's a reason!!!!!!!!
I am certainly happy that you have peace with your choice and I hope that you live the teachings of Jesus. I sincerely mean that

Plenty of scum lawyers to litigate. Also plenty of scum school officials to offer classes in sorcery and how to kill and skin a cat. You'll all get your diverse classes, don't fret.
How do you do it without the litigation? Do you define religion? Is it the top 3 or just all religions? Christian New Testament classes would be hard to keep from in front of the SCOTUS. I agree it was a kinder country when more people had a church in their life. VCB school for me growing up.

How do you do it without the litigation? Do you define religion? Is it the top 3 or just all religions? Christian New Testament classes would be hard to keep from in front of the SCOTUS. I agree it was a kinder country when more people had a church in their life. VCB school for me growing up.
I guess if you’re going to offer elective Bible study, you have to allow anything else that some asshole teacher is willing to teach and some braindead kid is willing to sign up for. I’m certainly not talking about the other mainstream religions like Judaism, Islam, Buddism. There are some weird-assed people out there and a million lawyers looking for 30 seconds on the local news.

Fine by me so long as they have classes that teach about other religions too (which it appears they do not). They're just inviting litigation.

No Justice Donnalsonville, they are inviting other religions demanding (and being able to) offer classes on their religion....which is fine.
Getting paid to teach Christianity is going to be a losing argument in public schools (although that may be years away). But if/when that happens, there are millions upon millions of Christians who would teach if need be without pay. (you may not know this, but we are at least 65% of the population with another 30%+- just running from the fact that they are) So if the duck worshipers and snake worshipers and worshipers of the false god allah want to offer voluntary classes taught by people working for free, I guess we'll see who shows up.
What kind of law do you practice .... real estate?

Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT