ADVERTISEMENT

Biden is breaking at least one campaign promise a day

Savannah_Dawg

The Dawgfather
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Savannah, GA
We had a long conversation about his tax code. Only the rich. I called bs then and it looks like I was right. Just a matter of time. The middle class need to prepare thy anus.

Biden pretty obviously was discussing income taxes

by this logic any regulation that impacts consumer pricing is a 'tax' - be that eliminating tariffs to reduce 'taxes', passing min wage to increase 'taxes', etc.

Biden pretty obviously was discussing income taxes

by this logic any regulation that impacts consumer pricing is a 'tax' - be that eliminating tariffs to reduce 'taxes', passing min wage to increase 'taxes', etc.
You know as well as anyone it is coming. It has too. The middle class is about to take it on the chin.

You know as well as anyone it is coming. It has too. The middle class is about to take it on the chin.

I don't know if it's coming or not for the middle class

I've been in favor of increasing income taxes for the extremely wealthy, which was the campaign promise, so hopefully Biden limits it to that

tbd

I've been in favor of increasing income taxes for the extremely wealthy, which was the campaign promise, so hopefully Biden limits it to that

tbd

tbd

nope. already been decided with the swipe of a pen.
x55 and counting.

hopefully folk with the resources will take all these EO's to court.

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
We had a long conversation about his tax code. Only the rich. I called bs then and it looks like I was right. Just a matter of time. The middle class need to prepare thy anus.

I wonder if they'll play their cards too early. There are a lot of dumb people who still believe Biden's lies, but if they enact their tax hikes too early (any time before the 2022 midterms), it could easily cost them a few House seats and a Senate race or two.

tbd

WHEN those income tax hikes unsurprisingly extend to the middle class, I sure hope you'll call Biden out for it.

Reactions: wooly_bugger

tbd
There is a not enough money there to fund them and their programs. Most billionaires do not actually have "income" the way most think about it. That's why Warren Buffets secretary paid more income tax then he did. So taxing their income is more difficult then just raising the tax brackets. So taxes will have to be raised on almost every one in order to pay for all of the crap their planning.

There is a not enough money there to fund them and their programs. Most billionaires do not actually have "income" the way most think about it. That's why Warren Buffets secretary paid more income tax then he did. So taxing their income is more difficult then just raising the tax brackets. So taxes will have to be raised on almost every one in order to pay for all of the crap their planning.

many wealthy people do have high annual income

I remember when GHB did not get reelected for breaking one campaign promise. Then again the media railed about it for years and they just simply ignore all of Biden's lies.

Are you counting him signing an EO as breaking a promise because of that quote you took out of context last night?

Look up on the carried interest loophole. And yes some have high income but that is not the major source of their wealth, And most get their compensation other ways. Tax lawyers are paid well for a reason.

It's only a loophole if we leave it as a loophole

It's only a loophole if we leave it as a loophole
You don't really believe the democrats will bite the hand that feeds them do you? By the way, where did the $145 million in dark money that Biden got to fund his campaign come from?

Reactions: Spe77
You don't really believe the democrats will bite the hand that feeds them do you? By the way, where did the $145 million in dark money that Biden got to fund his campaign come from?

wtf are you even arguing at this point? You've spent multiple posts claiming it's not possible and now you're just saying that the Democrats won't do it?

We can tax the extremely wealthy if we want to. It's simply up to politicians to do it.

wtf are you even arguing at this point? You've spent multiple posts claiming it's not possible and now you're just saying that the Democrats won't do it?

We can tax the extremely wealthy if we want to. It's simply up to politicians to do it.
I didn't know you weren't able to understand. In a thread talking about Biden's lies that pivoted to his tax policy in which he said no one making under 400k would have his taxes raised. You made a comment that you believed the rich's income should be taxed more. So I simply stated that wouldn't help for the reasons I mentioned. I thought it was a good discussion until you said we can just do it. So I admit I added a little snarky remark about Biden getting dark money. But the entire discussion was about the inability of raising enough money to find Bidens wild agenda by simply taxing the rich more. Therefore it's a Biden lie.

I didn't know you weren't able to understand. In a thread talking about Biden's lies that pivoted to his tax policy in which he said no one making under 400k would have his taxes raised. You made a comment that you believed the rich's income should be taxed more. So I simply stated that wouldn't help for the reasons I mentioned. I thought it was a good discussion until you said we can just do it. So I admit I added a little snarky remark about Biden getting dark money. But the entire discussion was about the inability of raising enough money to find Bidens wild agenda by simply taxing the rich more. Therefore it's a Biden lie.

You’re changing the point every response because so much of what you said is wrong

There are plenty of opportunities to increase taxes on the extremely wealthy. The only question is whether Democrats will do it, not whether they can.

Laughable you don't understand the shit rolls down hill principle. You can't raise costs (whether that's taxes or anything) on the wealthy without it affecting the middle class. Wealthy will just raise the cost of their goods or services provided to offset.

Laughable you don't understand the shit rolls down hill principle. You can't raise costs (whether that's taxes or anything) on the wealthy without it affecting the middle class. Wealthy will just raise the cost of their goods or services provided to offset.

That’s true if you increase sales taxes, because the price per unit has to be increased to offset the new variable costs. Not really the case with income taxes though

Raising income taxes on the wealthy reduces supply of investment. Over the past several years corporations have had plenty of cash on their balance sheets, so no, I don’t think increasing taxes on the insanely wealthy would wreck the economy.

Last edited:
That’s true if you increase sales taxes, because the price per unit has to be increased to offset the new variable costs. Not really the case with income taxes though

Raising income taxes on the wealthy reduces supply of investment. Over the past several years corporations have had plenty of cash on their balance sheets, so no, I don’t think increasing taxes on the insanely wealthy would wreck the economy.

crazy the ideas people get when they don’t understand economics and make stuff up instead

No one said anything about wrecking the economy. I said the middle class will foot the bill, and they will no matter how you would like to dice it. Income or sales taxes, higher material costs, higher labor costs -- whatever you want to throw in there -- will cause the wealthy to raise the price of their goods or services, reduce their work force, or lower the wages of their workers. No matter how the wealthy lose money, the cost will be deferred to the middle class.

Why don't you enlighten me then? The wealthy will always deflect their losses somehow, and that seems to always fall on the shoulders of the middle class. Please break it down Barney Style for me.

You claim income and capital gains taxes are passed through in consumer pricing to hurt the middle class

that’s ridiculous

I struggle to understand the mechanism behind that. Do all products have price inelasticity of demand wherein prices can be raised and income maximized for customers going forward? Have the wealthy been holding back on maximizing income in the past?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT