ADVERTISEMENT

Big game for Carson tonight

fprex

Pocket Dogs - I always got a hot dog in my pocket
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2006
This is the first of several HUGE SEC tests for Carson. They will all be judged collectively since we aren't playing a 1 game SEC schedule but will have to face Bama, Texas, Ole Miss (that defense is much better), and Tennessee. (looks to be their best Heupel defense by far)

Right now he's viewed as a kid that can run a system, play well, and not lose the game. A few of us have comped him to Jared Goff which I still think is pretty appropriate. With that said, he has a great shot to inflate that draft stock with road games at Bama, Texas, and Ole Miss. The narrative right now is that he doesn't have a Brock Bowers or Ladd McConkey that can bail him/Georgia out and following that Kentucky debacle, everyone seems to think we are devoid of playmakers. Time for Carson to take control of his own narrative and re-write the script.

Does he have the ability to put a team on his back and lead them to victory? If his performance is good-great in this Bama game and the other 3, especially the road matchups, he has a great shot at cementing himself as the #1 pick in the draft.

The difference between the 1st pick in the draft and let's say the 12th pick in the draft is $39.5 million to $18.6 million. This game will go a long way in determining which direction his arrow points.

I feel good about this game, y'all. If we can protect him, that secondary is attackable. 30-23 Dawgs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.