ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest threat to Kirby and UGA reside in the future of these 4 schools....

orangeisgay

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2004
the biggest threat imo is Kirbys coaching tree landing at Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and Bama. Bama when their coach finally retires is going to want someone that either Saban or Kirby mentored and imo by the time Saban retires they will want someone from Kirbys tree. I don't think that Slingblade is going to survive but he will upgrade the talent to the level that someone who is a better coach can come in a make an impact quicker and recruit well consistently. Brent Venebles is on the hot seat already and I don't know that he has the goods and they will want to let the program slip very far before they make a move. I wonder if this is a job that Monk would take, because there could be a knee jerk reaction to go back to an offensive head coach after BV. Sark is in a bit of a make or break year too and with Oklahoma and Texas moving to the sec they will want their affairs in order when they come. A 5th school we could add would be TAMU if they can't get going with Jimbo, the money is there, the facilities etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News