ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Bourbon tasting advice

rectomo

He of little faith
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2007
Saunderstown, RI
My wife, sister, and I went to a local restaurant called Revival for the first time last night. The chef has an excellent reputation. The menu is very eclectic but all the food is locally sourced and all items (including pasta and condiments) are house made. Every course was excellent and well-prepared.

I tend to shy away from bourbon because my Scot father raised a Scotch drinker and because I have found it a little too sweet for my taste the last time I tried it, which admittedly was 40 years ago. This place has a fairly extensive bourbon and rye menu so I decide to salute my Vent brethren and have a bourbon. I opted for Blanton's. The waitress brought out the drink and an eye-dropper of water so I could control how much I wanted in the glass (if any). I tend to drink scotch with a tiny drip of water to open it up a tad so I decided to do the same and put one small drop of water in the glass. Frankly, the bourbon was delicious. Definitely got some vanilla and leather notes, and a bit of oak. The aroma was delightful.

I would appreciate it if the bourbon enthusiasts on here would scroll down and look over the list and let me know what else I should sample when I go back. Thanks for your help and advice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News