ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain how the GA Voting Law = Jim Crow?

poorpreacher

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2003
What about this law targets black people?

How does it suppress voting?

In the past, literacy tests were used against black people. White guy comes in, no literacy test. Black man comes in and is given one.

How does this law specifically attempt to prevent black people from voting?

Last edited:

In the past, literacy tests were used against black people. White guy comes in, no literacy test. Black man comes in and is given one.

It doesn’t

There have been some very strong accusations made against this bill, and everyone associated with it.

Can anyone demonstrate any basis for what is being said?

still thinks they should give literacy tests....ALL races/colors/voters.

Last edited:
I've read a lot of articles, citing outrage over the bill. But none of them address what's IN the bill.

So people are outraged, saying its 21st century Jim Crow, calling Gov. Kemp a racist, member of the KKK, etc. for supporting the bill........

For the 3rd time, does anybody know why this bill has sparked so much outrage?

I've read a lot of articles, citing outrage over the bill. But none of them address what's IN the bill.

So people are outraged, saying its 21st century Jim Crow, calling Gov. Kemp a racist, member of the KKK, etc. for supporting the bill........

It seems to me that the voter id portion of the bill has put a crimp in the Abrams “get out the vote” playbook. Honestly I knew folks on the left would raise hell about this, but “the lady doth protest too much, methinks.” I was not a big flag waiver about voter fraud in the last elections, but the way the left has carried on, has really made me wonder.

It seems to me that the voter id portion of the bill has put a crimp in the Abrams “get out the vote” playbook. Honestly I knew folks on the left would raise hell about this, but “the lady doth protest too much, methinks.” I was not a big flag waiver about voter fraud in the last elections, but the way the left has carried on, has really made me wonder.

Yes just like all the 17 year olds are upset they can't buy Alcohol yet. If you wanting to do something against a law passed or being passed you would not want to allow it because the law prevents you from doing what you want to do!

Last edited:

It’s all about voter ID. The Democrats don’t want any.

well....they need to let them keep flooding in from the southern border if they want it to work.

criminals also need to feel comfortable first before voting....they need more assurances.

Since Orange Man Bad has been retired the fall back answer is ...... whitey.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
I think the lighter skin people come from the south and it get crazy from there

there’s a bunch of them in SLC and I mean a bunch.

had a friend that lived there back in the early 80’s. her Dad transferred there with DuPont (I believe). She was in HS at the time.

Said they REALLY hated whitey, that she had never seen such racism. Couldn’t wait to get back to the states.

A long stay for her.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
Tap, tap, tap

Is this thing on? Anyone want to explain how this prevents black people from voting?

Only thing this law suppresses is cheating, which is why the left have lost their minds about it.

Reactions: 3 Pete and SLC_Dawg

If the bill does nothing, why was it needed in the first place? Just for optics? If it does nothing to suppress, why did we need to lose the All-Star game just to make laws that do nothing. self inflicted wound if that’s the case.

If the bill does nothing, why was it needed in the first place? Just for optics? If it does nothing to suppress, why did we need to lose the All-Star game just to make laws that do nothing. self inflicted wound if that’s the case.
Guess you didn't read it either. But, you know, all things to be legal must have laws. Pretty basic on how that works.

From people who should know, the bill started off as a bad overreach by the reps that would have moved Georgia pretty close to the extreme. But due in great part to some of the large corporations and the influence of kemp, it shifted to a bill that mainly undid some of the covid related emergency “flexibility”, tightened voter id and standardized some things across the state, none of which should be objectionable to anyone and was “approved” by the corporate types. Then they left in the part that emasculated the Secretary of State and the food and water provision which was not part of the deal which pissed off those who were trying to get the bill strike the right chord. And then those same people stepped in it with their public statements which have backfired on them. And the irony is that things like the “boycott” will likely move some of the Republican light voters who could not abide trump back home and will hurt the dems more than the bill ever would.

Stacy promised free food for a vote. Now they are too lazy to vote for no food.

Guess you didn't read it either. But, you know, all things to be legal must have laws. Pretty basic on how that works.
It’s all about voter ID. Dems don’t want any to vote but are fine with it in order to fly, purchase alcohol or cigarettes, apply for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, a job, unemployment, or buy or rent a house, rent a car or buy a car, get married, get a hunting or fishing license, buy a cell phone, rent a hotel room, get a prescription or rent a M rated video game. Or best yet to get in the 2016 Democrat convention.

the democrats could fix this by proposing a mandate that state IDs are free,... make them free hell, so then you cant say a certain part of the population is being targeted because they dont have 10 dollars to spend on an id,....... but they will never make that proposal, they would loose something to cry about if they did, its not about real solutions here.

also, many other states, such as new york who passed a law in 1830,... decided that it was against to law to sway votes with free stuff at the voting lines,... or within a certain amount of feet within voting lines,.... so do whatever you want to effect people with free stuff to vote for your guy, just dont do it at the voting line,.... but democrats want every square inch of this earth accessible for pandering for their guy

That's not true.... Not at all true. The problem with these ID laws is that they disproportionately effect poor people. A large portion of the poor population don't have an ID because they don't own a car. Most of these laws do not provide anything to insure those people can still vote... They put all the burden of making sure they can still vote on the voter. That shouldn't be the case. If the state wants to use photo IDs that's fine but the state should then make damn sure that anyone eligible to vote still can vote without having to jump through hoops and spend money that can't afford to spend to do so. THAT is the problem we liberals have with it.

the democrats could fix this by proposing a mandate that state IDs are free,... make them free hell, so then you cant say a certain part of the population is being targeted because they dont have 10 dollars to spend on an id,....... but they will never make that proposal, they would loose something to cry about if they did, its not about real solutions here.

also, many other states, such as new york who passed a law in 1830,... decided that it was against to law to sway votes with free stuff at the voting lines,... or within a certain amount of feet within voting lines,.... so do whatever you want to effect people with free stuff to vote for your guy, just dont do it at the voting line,.... but democrats want every square inch of this earth accessible for pandering for their guy

It's been proposed and blocked by republicans for years.

That's not true.... Not at all true. The problem with these ID laws is that they disproportionately effect poor people. A large portion of the poor population don't have an ID because they don't own a car. Most of these laws do not provide anything to insure those people can still vote... They put all the burden of making sure they can still vote on the voter. That shouldn't be the case. If the state wants to use photo IDs that's fine but the state should then make damn sure that anyone eligible to vote still can vote without having to jump through hoops and spend money that can't afford to spend to do so. THAT is the problem we liberals have with it.

Wait. So do ID laws target black people or poor people? Jim Crow 2.0 was the cry!

Reactions: ugateke24
China cranks out fake drivers licenses that are practically undetectable. Vote fraud will continue in GA with the new law.

the narrative is always allow voting without id,..... how about free ids and maybe should be extended to allow a stipend of 10-15 dollars for a person to travel to get a free id since we dont want to create social injustice by demanding a person to spend money to travel to pick up a free id from a govt agency,

any attempt to ensure voting integrity is ... well you know,..... called something
It's been proposed and blocked by republicans for years

These claims of discrimination and unfair treatment sound great....until you start asking questions....then they fall apart

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT