ADVERTISEMENT

Can we talk about the Trump takeover of the RNC?

willdup

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
Do any republicans think this is going to work out well for the GOP in November? Laura has promised to focus entirely on Trump, they have committed to paying Trump’s legal bills, their coffers are already substantially depleted and there is no meaningful delineation between Trump and the party.

Down ballot GOP candidates can’t feel good about this development.

Do any republicans think this is going to work out well for the GOP in November? Laura has promised to focus entirely on Trump, they have committed to paying Trump’s legal bills, their coffers are already substantially depleted and there is no meaningful delineation between Trump and the party.

Yeah, politicians putting their kids in high positions is something that USED TO only happen in banana republics. Until Trump.

Also, it’s a long time between now and Election Day. Lots of time for Trump to say/ do dumb stuff that turns off the middle.

Also a wildcard - Biden could literally die at any minute. He is frail. I have no idea how Harris running for president would do but I suspect she’d win.

I don't think its going to matter honestly. By that I mean, I don't think the country can get any more divided. I don't think this is going to make Trump any more polarizing.

November is about 2 Americas. Which one do people want? I don't think this is going to move the needle one way or the other.

Dude, Biden essentially kicked a Kennedy out of the Dem party.

Most of the GOP are useless cucks to the swamp. They are for the most part Dems by another name. Trump can only improve their track record by forcing them to do their jobs!

Trump is poison in elections when he’s not on the ticket. But make no mistake the turnout he brings and the corresponding straight ticket punches on Pres election years is an asset to down ballot candidates. He won the nomination. Like it or not he runs the show.
I don't think its going to matter honestly. By that I mean, I don't think the country can get any more divided. I don't think this is going to make Trump any more polarizing.

November is about 2 Americas. Which one do people want? I don't think this is going to move the needle one way or the other.

I understand that Trump runs the show. It's not what I'm commenting on.

2018, 2020 and 2022 demonstrated rather conclusively that the more extreme candidates underperformed. The GOP can't thrive without capturing at least some of the independents and moderates required to win in all but the most red districts and states.

The RNC will not have the budget or the inclination to support any messaging beyond Trump's more extreme messaging. That seems a risk for anyone who has to have a broader appeal to win.

Putting people like Christina Bobb in positions of leadership is going to kill the GOP with moderates, but we are seeing that with more coming.

Reactions: shonuff253

I understand that Trump runs the show. It's not what I'm commenting on.

2018, 2020 and 2022 demonstrated rather conclusively that the more extreme candidates underperformed. The GOP can't thrive without capturing at least some of the independents and moderates required to win in all but the most red districts and states.

The RNC will not have the budget or the inclination to support any messaging beyond Trump's more extreme messaging. That seems a risk for anyone who has to have a broader appeal to win.

Putting people like Christina Bobb in positions of leadership is going to kill the GOP with moderates, but we are seeing that with more coming.

Ronna was a huge part of the problem. She offered little to know help for the MAGA candidates and even supported less popular GOP candidates to run against them. The GOP has very little money because of her gross misuse of the funds. Lara getting rid of all the dead weight and helping with the fundraising will be a good thing. I have not read anything on using GOP money for legal bills and doubt that is allowed. Where did you read that?

Reactions: ugadoc
Yeah, politicians putting their kids in high positions is something that USED TO only happen in banana republics. Until Trump.

Also, it’s a long time between now and Election Day. Lots of time for Trump to say/ do dumb stuff that turns off the middle.

Also a wildcard - Biden could literally die at any minute. He is frail. I have no idea how Harris running for president would do but I suspect she’d win.
Politicians like the Romney, Pelosi, McConnel, Biden... getting their family prime jobs making million off of US policies that they influence? Is that what you are referring to?

Ronna was a huge part of the problem. She offered little to know help for the MAGA candidates and even supported less popular GOP candidates to run against them. The GOP has very little money because of her gross misuse of the funds. Lara getting rid of all the dead weight and helping with the fundraising will be a good thing. I have not read anything on using GOP money for legal bills and doubt that is allowed. Where did you read that?
Politicians like the Romney, Pelosi, McConnel, Biden... getting their family prime jobs making million off of US policies that they influence? Is that what you are referring to?
Installing batshittery like this is not an improvement over Ronna, and I think Ronna was horrible.

Again, I don't think this is going to add any votes to the GOP base, which is what they desperately need.

Installing batshittery like this is not an improvement over Ronna, and I think Ronna was horrible.

Again, I don't think this is going to add any votes to the GOP base, which is what they desperately need.

This surprised you. Really? This mfer honestly is running on the gop taking away freedoms. Your freedom is on the ballot this time around will. Don’t you know. If Trump wins. We are locking your ass up. From the same guy that told the press to cover him correctly. I will tell you what to say. The same mfer who said buy electric if you don’t like it. He has 100 other freedom taking expressions.

I know you can quote trump too, but this rhetoric here is exactly the same as was out there in 2016 about Trump. This is what literally drives me crazy. You can’t see that. Or won’t acknowledge it. And act like what is happening here is egregious and unprecedented. Bullshit. It was happening leading up the the 2020 election. Biden will have you believe anyone associated with the gop or trump wants to take away your freedoms. It is not just wrong. It is using fear and insanity. Divisive is not the word.

Last edited:

I thought you were all about classified documents being such a HUGE deal..........

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

This surprised you. Really? This mfer honestly is running on the gop taking away freedoms. Your freedom is on the ballot this time around will. Don’t you know. If Trump wins. We are locking your ass up. From the same guy that told the press to cover him correctly. I will tell you what to say. The same mfer who said buy electric if you don’t like it. He has 100 other freedom taking expressions.

I know you can quote trump too, but this rhetoric here is exactly the same as was out there in 2016 about Trump. This is what literally drives me crazy. You can’t see that. Or won’t acknowledge it. And act like what is happening here is egregious and unprecedented. Bullshit. It was happening leading up the the 2020 election. Biden will have you believe anyone associated with the gop or trump wants to take away your freedoms. It is not just wrong. It is using fear and insanity. Divisive is not the word.
About that topic of freedom - Where are the hundreds of thousands of women who wanted an abortion but couldn’t get one?

Well, there is a huge number of Americans that believe the 2020 election was stolen and there is plenty of evidence to back that opinion. If you think Basement Biden got 81 million votes then you are nuts.

Well, there is a huge number of Americans that believe the 2020 election was stolen and there is plenty of evidence to back that opinion. If you think Basement Biden got 81 million votes then you are nuts.
Please present the "plenty of evidence" you have in court.
Trump never had enough to convince a judge, so I am sure he would be grateful for you doing so.
The huge number of Americans that believe that BS is only because Trump says so.
Even all those who served with him says he is lying.
It's that same huge number that probably sends money to help pay the legal bills of a self proclaimed billionaire.

Reactions: GDawg
No, there isn’t plenty of evidence. There’s no credible evidence that’s been presented in court, where perjury carries a real and tangible penalty, nor is there real evidence that’s been presented outside of court.

This is really a foundational question for 2024, because it’s clear that Trump and the GOP are going to make this topic a centerpiece of the campaign. Trumps ego will demand it. Will the continued insistence that Trump won the last election add more Trump voters in November? I don’t think so. In fact, I think it’s far more likely it will shed existing support than it will expand his base, and Trump and the GOP can’t afford that if they want to win.

No, there isn’t plenty of evidence. There’s no credible evidence that’s been presented in court, where perjury carries a real and tangible penalty, nor is there real evidence that’s been presented outside of court.

This is really a foundational question for 2024, because it’s clear that Trump and the GOP are going to make this topic a centerpiece of the campaign. Trumps ego will demand it. Will the continued insistence that Trump won the last election add more Trump voters in November? I don’t think so. In fact, I think it’s far more likely it will shed existing support than it will expand his base, and Trump and the GOP can’t afford that if they want to win.
Not wrong. If DT had some discipline he would never have lost the Presidency. He will get it back if he finds some.

Reactions: willdup

Whether Biden’s description of the choice between he and Trump is accurate or not is an interesting topic. Stunning news, I agree with him.

The reversal of Roe is by far the single most impactful reversal of rights in our history. I’m not commenting about whether it was the right legal decision or not and I’m not going to debate the moral implications. But a minority, whose views are primarily derived from their religious beliefs, successfully removed a right and are now implementing further removal of rights on a state by state basis.

A national anti-abortion advocate recently testified that a ten year old is old enough to carry a baby and the fact that the pregnancy was the result of rape doesn’t matter because “God doesn’t make mistakes”. Can you possibly say that limiting or eliminating the options in this scenario doesn’t represent a removal of freedom?

We definitly aren’t done with IVF. If you insist that life begins at inception, banning IVF is an entirely logical outcome. Is banning or inhibiting IVF impinging on my freedom? Hell yes.

The same goes for minors, parents and doctors whose right to explore medically accepted and approved gender treatment options have been eliminated. Agree or disagree, that’s a removal of freedom and again, the driver of those who passed the laws were their religious beliefs.

Book banning? Same thing. If you didn’t see the recent 60 Minutes segment on book banning efforts in Beaufort County public schools. I highly recommend it. We have friends who were involved and they successfully reinstated 92 of the 96 books that were initially banned, after a fair and thoughtful process and reasonable input from all citizens. The segment made our local republicans look reasonable and evenhanded and the Mom’s for Liberty not so much. I know enough about what happened to say it was a fair representation of events.

There are also some very loud and influential voices on the right who state unequivocably that the United States must be a Christian nation led by Christians. These people are not a fringe element, they are people like the chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, who couched his decision regarding IVF entirely in terms of his Christian beliefs. You can say that this is not an issue but facts suggest otherwise.

Where does it stop?

And none of these legitimate differences in opinion compare to the new chief council for election integrity at the RNC spewing, the nonsense that I shared in the two videos above. The 2020 election was not stolen. Nobody installed the wrong president. It’s all an awful intentional lie meant to divide and incite. It’s the excuse for J6, the excuse for the fake electors and it will be the excuse for whatever happens in November and after.

Last edited:
Questions the general public need to ponder before November:

Where do our freedoms come from?

Does government limit our freedoms? Why?

What is the duty of the government?

What is the duty of the people?

Are there limitations on the government's ability to limit our freedoms?

How are those limitations enumerated and enforced?

Are they truly being enforced or do the masses ultimately just do whatever the government decides regardless of social media driven outrage?

What's the correct way for the people to protest government policies?

What additional measures beyond protest do the people have at their disposal to oppose government policy?

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC

More of what Biden was talking about when he says they want to take away your freedoms.

Calling on @Zonadog for a break down on this situation, as I have a hard time believing it’s as bad as it seems, although birth control does seem to be a current target of the religious right.

That is Dem. BS! Don’t listen to those idiots.

Either way, the govt will be stripping our freedoms at an unprecedented rate. So when it’s time to vote, I will continue the charade, to ensure a clear conscience and unwavering moral compass when I’m forced to vote from the fourth box of Liberty.

Most conservatives aren’t looking for a man to follow, they are looking for conservative values.

I hang my hat on Trump because he will support, within the confines of government, a method of government and the promotion of morality within what the government pushes on its citizens. Primarily understanding states sovereignty in the process of government and in how our taxes are controlled.

Tag, he’s it because he promotes a constitutional government which does not include central government mandates. Promotes.

Trump never had enough to convince a judge, so I am sure he would be grateful for you doing so.
The huge number of Americans that believe that BS is only because Trump says so.
It's that same huge number that probably sends money to help pay the legal bills of a self proclaimed billionaire.

Common sense tells you the vegetable in the White House did not legitimately get 81 million votes. If he really won, our country deserves to crumble into the history books. There are way to many people that would prefer government assistance ( read dependency here) from cradle to grave. They are fine to trade their freedom for security. Those that are wiling to do so, deserve neither.

Do you deny election laws/procedures were changed without authority?

You do know that Ronna McDaniel is Romney’s niece. I think that explains a lot.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
I think that we Republicans, collectively, have nominated the only living American who couldn’t beat Biden. Once he was the only one who could have beaten Hillary and now he is the only one who can’t beat Biden. He is so damaged now that he is unelectable and we have essentially nominated him.

Reactions: mitchelldawg
More of what Biden was talking about when he says they want to take away your freedoms.

Calling on @Zonadog for a break down on this situation, as I have a hard time believing it’s as bad as it seems, although birth control does seem to be a current target of the religious right.

I'd say the clickbait post is a bit over the top.

Contraception is legal in Arizona, and readily available at my local supermarket. Women can get the pill, patch, ring, and other popular choices. Nothing changed.

The morning after pill, or plan B, is available by prescription. Nothing changed.

Abortions are legal in Arizona - 15 week limit. Exceptions available for emergencies. Removal of ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages are not considered abortions. Nothing changed.

No freedoms taken away.

There is a current effort underway to amend the state constitution to include a right to abortion. That's an attempt to change law via ballot initiative, circumventing the legislative process. A similar effort failed to get on the ballot for midterms.

The proposed amendment would allow abortions up to 23-24 weeks (full viability) on demand, and would allow exceptions for the mother's mental health without any time restriction (i.e. up until delivery).

Last edited:

I read the NYT, among other things. Would you believe that they’re still blaming Trump for Covid? That’s how you sound.

Yep, love Trump or hate him, you have to admit that his policies have captured at least 75% of the pub base (probably more but he loses them with his conduct) and he deserves having loyal supporters running the RNC. One of Trump's issues during his first term was being surrounded by staff that thought he should do things their way and not his way and some even tried to sabotage his agenda. If he wins this time, I think he'll be much more prepared to flush out the snakes.

I'd say the clickbait post is a bit over the top.

Contraception is legal in Arizona, and readily available at my local supermarket. Women can get the pill, patch, ring, and other popular choices. Nothing changed.

The morning after pill, or plan B, is available by prescription. Nothing changed.

Abortions are legal in Arizona - 15 week limit. Exceptions available for emergencies. Removal of ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages are not considered abortions. Nothing changed.

No freedoms taken away.

There is a current effort underway to amend the state constitution to include a right to abortion. That's an attempt to change law via ballot initiative, circumventing the legislative process. A similar effort failed to get on the ballot for midterms.

The proposed amendment would allow abortions up to 23-24 weeks (full viability) on demand, and would allow exceptions for the mother's mental health without any time restriction (i.e. up until delivery).
I understand that politics is at play, as always. With that said, my understanding is that the AZ Dems are attempting to codify the access to contraception as a preemptive move in anticipation of the AZ GOP’s past and anticipated future efforts to pass a fetal personhood bill similar to the law in AL. Such a law at a minimum results in banning plan B and anything similar.

It is helpful to the Dems political positioning that the #2 Republican in the state senate said the following:

“Like I said, Bayer Company invented aspirin. Put it between your knees,” he said, implying that, if women hold aspirin between their legs, they won’t be able to have sex and risk pregnancy.

Conservative men slut-shaming women doesn’t seem like a winning formula for the upcoming election.

I agree that nothing has been taken away, but the trend and intent can be seen in AZ and elsewhere such as AL.

Last edited:

There is plenty of evidence of election interference and fraud. Many of the cases were thrown out on technicalities like having no standing. There were plenty of witnesses willing to testify but were never given the chance. Only 30 of the 90 or so cases were heard on merit and 22 of those prevailed or are still in the courts.
In an earlier thread I called her Ronna Romney. Terrible for the party.

I understand that politics is at play, as always. With that said, my understanding is that the AZ Dems are attempting to codify the access to contraception as a preemptive move in anticipation of the AZ GOP’s past and anticipated future efforts to pass a fetal personhood bill similar to the law in AL. Such a law at a minimum results in banning plan B and anything similar.

It is helpful to the Dems political positioning that the #2 Republican in the state senate said the following:

“Like I said, Bayer Company invented aspirin. Put it between your knees,” he said, implying that, if women hold aspirin between their legs, they won’t be able to have sex and risk pregnancy.

Conservative men slut-shaming women doesn’t seem like a winning formula for the upcoming election.

I agree that nothing has been taken away, but the trend and intent can be seen in AZ and elsewhere such as AL.
When was the aspirin saying made? I first heard that saying 60 years ago.

I wasn't really referring to the court cases but will respond. How many of the 90 cases were heard based on the merit of the case and how many turned away due to technical issues like lacking standing? There has been fraud in every election going back before Kennedy and now we are supposed to believe it was the most secure election ever? Few judges have the balls or desire to take this on as they know what they will get. Plus, the dems are masters of destroying evidence, covering up and punishing anyone who speaks out and the Rinos are right there with them. We have seen plenty of evidence that our judicial system is not above playing politics recently so you can believe what you want.

You believe Biden got 81 million votes? Did all of the fake BS like Russia, Russia, Russia have an impact on voters? Did the 51 Security officials claiming Hunter's laptop was Russian misinformation have an effect? Did the press suppressing the laptop story have an effect? Twitter, Facebook, Google,… algorithmic meddling ( the FBI and other national security agencies PAID Twitter to silence conservative voices and change the news feed)? Zuckerbucks? Voting machines are total secure even though proben easy to hack?, Vote counting stopping in the middle of the night (which has never happened) Then in the morning, miraculously, the other guy is ahead? Millions of mail-in ballots with no voter ID, no safeguards in place and no signature match? Unprecedented ballot harvesting or ballot drop boxes? Republican witnesses removed from the rooms while votes were counted? States voter laws changed but not according to their respective constitutions? Conservative TV stations like Newsmax and OAN are removed from our airwaves. Conservative voices are suspended, banned, silenced or fired for our political beliefs. 2000 mules?

There was plenty of fraud and interference but there are too many Republicans that either hate Trump or have no balls to look into things.

Whether Biden’s description of the choice between he and Trump is accurate or not is an interesting topic. Stunning news, I agree with him.

The reversal of Roe is by far the single most impactful reversal of rights in our history. I’m not commenting about whether it was the right legal decision or not and I’m not going to debate the moral implications. But a minority, whose views are primarily derived from their religious beliefs, successfully removed a right and are now implementing further removal of rights on a state by state basis.

A national anti-abortion advocate recently testified that a ten year old is old enough to carry a baby and the fact that the pregnancy was the result of rape doesn’t matter because “God doesn’t make mistakes”. Can you possibly say that limiting or eliminating the options in this scenario doesn’t represent a removal of freedom?

We definitly aren’t done with IVF. If you insist that life begins at inception, banning IVF is an entirely logical outcome. Is banning or inhibiting IVF impinging on my freedom? Hell yes.

The same goes for minors, parents and doctors whose right to explore medically accepted and approved gender treatment options have been eliminated. Agree or disagree, that’s a removal of freedom and again, the driver of those who passed the laws were their religious beliefs.

Book banning? Same thing. If you didn’t see the recent 60 Minutes segment on book banning efforts in Beaufort County public schools. I highly recommend it. We have friends who were involved and they successfully reinstated 92 of the 96 books that were initially banned, after a fair and thoughtful process and reasonable input from all citizens. The segment made our local republicans look reasonable and evenhanded and the Mom’s for Liberty not so much. I know enough about what happened to say it was a fair representation of events.

There are also some very loud and influential voices on the right who state unequivocably that the United States must be a Christian nation led by Christians. These people are not a fringe element, they are people like the chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, who couched his decision regarding IVF entirely in terms of his Christian beliefs. You can say that this is not an issue but facts suggest otherwise.

Where does it stop?

And none of these legitimate differences in opinion compare to the new chief council for election integrity at the RNC spewing, the nonsense that I shared in the two videos above. The 2020 election was not stolen. Nobody installed the wrong president. It’s all an awful intentional lie meant to divide and incite. It’s the excuse for J6, the excuse for the fake electors and it will be the excuse for whatever happens in November and after.
Where are the hundreds of thousands of women who wanted an abortion but couldn’t get one since the Roe decision? They may exist I don’t know. But figure you would as someone pretty good at supporting opinions with data.

Absent that - the question is whether the Roe decision is simply a symbolic political football or an actual effective removal of the ability to get abortions. For all the talk about this issue I still haven’t seen any evidence that it has done anything.

Inflation. Border issues. Etc. we see the actual impact of government action / in-action.

There is plenty of evidence of election interference and fraud. Many of the cases were thrown out on technicalities like having no standing. There were plenty of witnesses willing to testify but were never given the chance. Only 30 of the 90 or so cases were heard on merit and 22 of those prevailed or are still in the courts.

In an earlier thread I called her Ronna Romney. Terrible for the party.
That’s just not true at all. Given I can’t prove a negative, would you be willing to share what you believe to be the top few examples of 2020 election fraud? Then I will have something specific to respond to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT