ADVERTISEMENT

CD8 T-cells provide substantial protection to SARS 6 years post infection

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
This is a 2014 paper about cellular immunity agains SARS- CoV. SARS-CoV specific memory T-cells persisted 6 years post infection. It is completely mind boggling to me how every “expert” has completely ignored basic immunology and virology during this pandemic. I’m not a conspiracy theorist BUT something definitely doesn’t pass the smell test in our panic against COVID.

So far our politicians and medical experts have:
1) Forgotten/ignored basic immunology and virology
2) Compared COVID cFR (~1%) to Influenze iFR (0.1%) to tell us that COVID is at least 10 times worse than influenza. cFR and iFR are completely different numbers and are orders of a magnitude different. That’s a significant and unforgivable error.
3) Continued lockdowns go against everything published about lockdowns ever published - they cause more harm than good and are not effective anyway.
4) Inappropriately used PCR to screen the healthy ASYMPATOMATIC population for infections. Anyone who uses PCR as a diagnostic tool knows to interpret results carefully even in SYMPTOMATIC individuals (i.e. a positive test does not prove 100% causation without ruling out similar causes). It does not tell us whether genomic material was from live or dead virus and we know RNA fragments can persist in the body for 12 weeks or more. It is also inexcusable to recommend qPCR Ct thresholds of 38-45 when we have actual data that live virus has not been isolated above a Ct of 30. It is borderline criminal that this has yet to be changed.
5) Continued to recommend masks of any kind when we have proof they don’t work. Look at any death curve from any nation that has required masks and they look no different than countries who do not require a mask. And again, masks were never recommended during pandemic flu or MERS or SARS. Even Fauci has stated this before he changed his mind under media pressure. Germany, which still has a mask mandate in place is facing a spike of seasonal rhinovirus cases right now. It’s funny how masks only work against COVID.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT