ADVERTISEMENT

CKS calls it again….

jaxondawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2006
Kirby can recruit. We all knew that. Kirby has proven he can develop, prepare a team, make adjustments and finally has proven he can coach in any situation. The biggest attribute to CKS as a coach is his ability to be one step ahead of the sport and one step ahead of his team. He has provided many statements that prove he is one step ahead. It may sound cliche at times but I think most of us believe his entire program buys into every word he speaks.

The ability to be one step ahead of the game and your team is in my opinion what ultimately made Saban the best to do it (to this point.) I truly believe this is the most critical attribute Kirby attained from his time with Saban.

In light of what is going on at Clemson with them losing 4 of their last 7 I believe complacency set in and now they are trying like hell to fix it. It’s human nature and very difficult to avoid. I believe that entire program just figured that when DJ U filled in for Trevor Lawerence at Notre Dame when he was out that they would not miss a beat after Trevor left and they relaxed.

Which brings me to what Kirby stated scares him the most and that is complacency. To have the ability to make that the message right after winning a title and making it known publicly tells me he has the ability to stay one step ahead.

I guess what I am saying is Georgia will not win every game they play for the rest of time but as a fan you have to feel confident it won’t be because of anything other than just getting beat by a team that was better than you on that day or having a bad game. Not because the program doesn’t remain hungry.

Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News