ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Tears

bhodge0702

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2021
Multiple Threads so will try to break them up...

Thread: "What if we wind up 6-6 or 7-5 and wind up playing Oregon State in the Holiday or Sun Bowl?"

"We aren’t gonna win 6 I don’t think."

"Oregon State is probably going to win 10+ games. They’re a good football team."

"I highly doubt an unranked 6-7 win team would be matched up with a ranked double-digit win team in a bowl game."

"We probably win the game last night with DJ. Sucks but likely the truth."

"We're not going to a bowl. There are MAJOR issues going on within the program. This didn't start last night."

"Well, how good is San Jose State? We'll have to wait and see how the season plays out for them."

"It's not a what if, this team is going to be a 6-6 or best 7-5. Prove me wrong and i will gladly eat crow."

"We aren’t that good yet, but good Lord, some of you guys thinking that Oregon State would beat us with DJ a quarterback have just about lost your mind."

"I believe Oregon State would beat us."

"You do realize we just got blown out by Duke ?!!!!!"

"I won’t be surprised with anything at this point. I just hope like hell we find a way to beat South Carolina"

New Thread: "It's not fun anymore"

"I had the realization last night and more this morning that it's just not fun watching this team anymore. Our QB and WR talent is almost unwatchable."

"Agree. It’s painful to watch this team and has been for going on three years now. No explosiveness whatsoever."

"Not one minute of that was fun last night. All the anticipation, whether you had high expectations or not, was ruined in the first quarter. Colorado looked sharp. Well coached. We look like Tommy Bowden Clemson."

"Recruiting isn't remotely fun to follow either. It's brutal."

"We’ve lost our spirit. We got no dawgs. Sat behind the team and the only one yelling at other guys (or showing emotion at all) was Ruke"

"Salty dabo is what won championships. I think we’ve moved to pre retirement dabo."

"Not sure if you've heard, but the fun is in the winning, and we're not doing a lot of that lately."

"Ironic because just a few years ago, posters were complaining that the games were no longer fun because we were blowing everyone out."

New Thread: "Never seen a stat like this... Clemson didn't score or punt in the second half."

"Interesting stat. I've also never seen a game where Duke beats Clemson by 21 points"

"Tonight felt like 2003 Wake game. Just total disbelief at what I was watching. Now, hopefully we can pull the upset over Cha Southern next week."

"I would totally kick a puppy right now !!!!!"

"Entire team looked like they were drugged with estrogen pills"

"No team speed. Can’t tackle. QB hasn’t won a game as a starter. Mafah coughs it up when he gets touched. Shipley runs like a fullback with the speed to match. We have a Jimmy Graham clone at TE and refuse to target him. Head coach has the ply chart in his hands."

"It’s completely between the ears.. I’m over hearing we don’t have good players this and good players that.. We’ve got plenty enough physical ability to win big we’re just to damn stupid and weak minded"

"I don’t know whether to laugh or cry."

"Amazing since we had about 150 yards rushing in the third quarter alone."

New Thread: "Dabo has lost the program"

"There’s so much to be fixed and he doesn’t seem to have the drive or hunger to fix it. It’s like Bobby Bowden, when he turned 70. He hired all his buddies and we’re in deep shit. He won’t use the portal, so there’s no quick fix. This is going to be a really bad next few years."

"Yes, it’s gonna be a long season too. FSU is going to curb stomp that team."

"Unless he changes who he is and starts using the portal and hiring elite assistants, he should retire and let someone else take the reins who’s willing to do what’s necessary to play for titles."

"No desire or hunger???? Dabo hates to freaking lose."

"For someone who hates to lose, he sure has done it a lot recently."

"Oh really? He’s lost 4 of his last 7."

"You wouldn’t know it though the last few seasons"

"The rot is real"

"Dabo has lost his edge - plain and simple."

"He has $12,000,000 a year to do what he wants. In no way, is he the same guy he was in 2009. He never would have hired the current staff back then."

"We have the 5th most talented roster in CFB according to the composite recruiting rankings and 2 star Duke blew us off the field tonight."

"Can’t turn around losing to freaking DUKE. I’ve defended Dabo and trusted his decisions but this loss changed that. There’s just no excuse."

"It has been a steady slide since 2018. It wasn't realistic to expect Clemson to stay at that lecel, but this is shocking. Last year's team got steam rolled by ND, lost to SCAR and UT's back ups. The Duke game felt like a full circle return to 2008 and Wake. There are real issues with the program."

"Goodness, gracious. Kirby Smart or Nick Saban wouldn’t be allowed to head back to Athens/Tuscaloosa if they lost 28-7 to Duke."

"Let's just say it. Clemson got more white skill players than Duke. Can't make thus s*** up."

"As mentioned by someone on Twitter: "Clemson has now lost 3 of its last 4 games for 1st time in 12 years, since Dabo Swinney’s 3rd full season as Tigers’ coach in 2011." That right there pretty much shows that the issue is systemic."

"Here’s the thing. In this day and age…I’m actually ok with going 8-5 this year. Hit the portal. Get some studs and be right back in the mix for the NC next year. I’ll take a down year. Not a down decade. At this rate. We’re looking at a down indefinitely…"

"The more concerning part is what Luginbill said late. He said on the field, there was no discrepancy between the speed of Clemson and the speed of Duke. We have a slow team. Dabo said Wiggins was our fastest player and Leonard outran him on that long TD run."

New Thread: "Final Record Prediction"

"Looking at the schedule and analyzing the team after last nights performance, what do you think the final record will be? I’m having a hard time finding more than 4 wins currently."

"7-5 at best in my opinion."

"8-4 is the ceiling. No way this team beats FSU or ND and I just can’t see how they don’t drop another one between the rest. Please God don’t let this team lose in Columbia"

"We are going to need to beat Georgia Tech, NC State, and South Carolina to get to 5 wins."

"6-6. I think we make a bowl, but barely."

"8-4 is the ceiling now but odds are we are in for a losing season."

"2-10 floor, 6-6 ceiling. 4-8 or 5-7."

"This will be the team that breaks the 10 win season streak."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News