ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching vs Talent - Amount of NBA Talent in the SEC last year

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
We have had the “is it coaching or talent that’s our issue” discussion a good bit here in this space. I’ve been watching some nba summer league and was wondering how many of these guys played in the sec last year. By my count, the number is 18, names listed below. None or our 3 seniors (Thomasson, Tchewa, or Sunahara) were invited to the summer league and none of our underclassmen declared for the nba, so we don’t have anyone from last years team in the nba summer league. But in my opinion, this is one indicator that we haven’t had the horses that other teams have had. Now, coaches are responsible for the talent, but to me, talent acquisition so far has been our biggest issue. *Now, hopefully that has been fixed this offseason, we shall see on that. Just interesting data, in my opinion.

Here are the summer league names from last years sec pool (I did this quick so there is a chance I missed someone:
1. Jamarion Sharp Ole Miss
2. Jaylin Williams Auburn
3. Will Baker LSU
4. Tolu Smith Miss St
5. Allen Flanagan Ole Miss
6. Santiago Vescovi Tennessee
7. Reed Sheppard Kentucky
8. Jordan Josiah James Tennessee
9. Sean East Mizzou
10. Dalton Knecht Tennessee
11. Zyon Pullin Florida
12. Ron Dillingham Kentucky
13. Antonio Reeves Kentucky
14. Tre Mitchell Kentucky
15. Talon Cooper South Carolina
16. Justin Edwards Kentucky
17. Tyrese Samuel Florida
18. Tyrese Radford Texas A&M

I was kind of shocked that South Carolinas, BJ Mack, was not invited to the summer league. At least according to what I could find on a quick google search.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News