ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Cubelic observations on UGA/Tenn Tech....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
CC: I thought LG had a good game. I thought RG had a good game. I thought C had a good game. Liked the play calling early. TEs can help more in blocking. Carson Beck decided to take his check downs. I love that about him. He'll take check downs all day if they are there and doesn't mind. A little bit off early and picked it up later. You see double wing formation now. Get's the TEs involved in different ways. I'm interested in seeing what Bobo's building towards with that. You saw with Etienne how much more explosive they can be and how they can be different. He's just that guy.

My concerns. TEs, uhh. Not great in the blocking game. The tackles are a little bit concerning right now. I'm just gonna be honest with you. I love EG. He can get out in space and be a monster. But pass protection was tested by Tenn. Tech. That shouldn't happen vs. an FCS school. Normal twists almost got home. QB has the awareness to get the ball out, but he shouldn't be touched in this game...at all. And they tested them and had some wins against this group. Technically and fundamentally, that's gotta clean itself up from Georgia. That's the only thing I left a little concerned with.

93 (TID) inside on defense, strike/shed I loved. He did a great job. 29's (Gabe Harris) still my guy. Blasted people. Chambliss made some nice plays. 55 (Jarrett) is doing some good things inside. I'm gonna tell you right now, 11 (Jalon W.) is going to be a killer for this defense. They rush him off the A gap one time. Rush him off the edge one time. He just seems to find a way to win with whatever they're asking him to do. Love watching that kid play football. 18 (Cole) off the edge later in the game...I like what he brought as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.