ADVERTISEMENT

Commission to " reign in the media "

She is obviously an imbecile but the chat libs worship her!

She may be but her handlers aren't. They know exactly what they are doing and have convinced the millennial crowd that shutting down speech you don't like, forcing others into a government controlled health care system and demonizing private citizens that disagree is liberty.

“...we’re going to have to figure out how we rein in our media environment so that you can’t just spew disinformation and misinformation.”

-AOC

She’s not wrong...

“...we’re going to have to figure out how we rein in our media environment so that you can’t just spew disinformation and misinformation.”

-AOC

She’s not wrong...
Slippery slope but certainly aligns with the some animals are more equal than others crowd.

Reactions: Va Beach Dawg
09-F548-BF-B504-4755-8196-10-C64740-A331.png

I have seen her carve some more experienced politicians into little pieces both online and on the floor. I don't have much interest in her, but don't have a problem with her relative to a lot of similar politicians, younger and older, who focus on headlines (viz, Lindsay Graham, Cawhorn, Crenshaw, etc.) The fact-fearing, reactionary right on here calling her an imbecile, though, wow, that's rich.

She literally thought the tax breaks that were going to go to Amazon was money NY had that could be paid to the public. She's a half witted puppet that is controlled by her masters and I'm sure even they cringe when she gets off script.

She literally thought the tax breaks that were going to go to Amazon was money NY had that could be paid to the public. She's a half witted puppet that is controlled by her masters and I'm sure even they cringe when she gets off script.

yeah, that is a good example of the danger of being constantly on Twitter, of choosing rhetoric over consideration - but she was right to object to HQ2 and, notably, she did so against the wishes of those you might identify as "her masters." But whatever, I don't want to be put in the position of defending her except to say that she's not an imbecile, and her opponents underestimate her at their peril (both Rs and more conservative Ds).

For an illustration of what an "imbecile" looks like, you might check the Tillerson interview re: our outgoing President.

FP: If you’re having a hard time briefing him, and he’s not reading the briefings on important subjects, how does one make an informed decision then?

RT: Well, that’s the key. I’m not sure many of those decisions were well informed.

Link here > Enjoy!

but she was right to object to HQ2

One thing is for sure. The folks in VA are glad she cucked it up.

For an illustration of what an "imbecile" looks like, you might check the Tillerson interview re: our outgoing President.

FP: If you’re having a hard time briefing him, and he’s not reading the briefings on important subjects, how does one make an informed decision then?

RT: Well, that’s the key. I’m not sure many of those decisions were well informed.

Yeah, I'd say Tillerson was a little off base.

The ME was on fire when DJT took office and ISIS was literally posting videos of the execution of westerners and others.
DPRK was lobbing test missles monthly.
NATO was enjoying our support without paying their agreed upon share.
Trump started no new wars and scaled back other enagements
He negotiated a friendlier trade deal with Canada and Mexico.

And the economy didn't tank until the establishment insisted on shutting down about half of the economy. I'd say Trump refusing to pay attention to Tillerson and bringing in Pompeo was a pretty good move.

One thing is for sure. The folks in VA are glad she cucked it up.

Yeah, I'd say Tillerson was a little off base.

The ME was on fire when DJT took office and ISIS was literally posting videos of the execution of westerners and others.
DPRK was lobbing test missles monthly.
NATO was enjoying our support without paying their agreed upon share.
Trump started no new wars and scaled back other enagements
He negotiated a friendlier trade deal with Canada and Mexico.

And the economy didn't tank until the establishment insisted on shutting down about half of the economy. I'd say Trump refusing to pay attention to Tillerson and bringing in Pompeo was a pretty good move.
Pompeo was a home run hire and has been incredible!!! Our country will miss him.

Yes she is !!!
Nope. One cannot just say “anything.” In this country you leading sedition or anarchy, threatening officials, etc, has been illegal since our founding. Quasi “news channels” who are not really reporting news but instead editorializing cannot hide behind the 1st amendment nor rightfully claim freedom of the press.

Nope. One cannot just say “anything.” In this country you leading sedition or anarchy, threatening officials, etc, has been illegal since our founding. Quasi “news channels” who are not really reporting news but instead editorializing cannot hide behind the 1st amendment nor rightfully claim freedom of the press.
It is a matter of what is misinformation , what you consider to be that is not always what I would consider as that ...so it is debatable ,as usual . Referencing what she said , you know she wants to shut down conservative news .

It is a matter of what is misinformation , what you consider to be that is not always what I would consider as that ...so it is debatable ,as usual . Referencing what she said , you know she wants to shut down conservative news .

Facts are not debatable, and the sites preferred by you and others here are, basically, trash when it comes to fact-checking. Here is the American Thinker (link) regarding their publication of articles critical of Dominion, specifically:

"American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump.

These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.

These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims.

It was wrong for us to publish these false statements. We apologize to Dominion for all of the harm this caused them and their employees. We also apologize to our readers for abandoning 9 journalistic principles and misrepresenting Dominion’s track record and its limited role in tabulating votes for the November 2020 election. We regret this grave error."

Facts are not debatable, and the sites preferred by you and others here are, basically, trash when it comes to fact-checking. Here is the American Thinker (link) regarding their publication of articles critical of Dominion, specifically:

"American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump.

These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.

These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims.

It was wrong for us to publish these false statements. We apologize to Dominion for all of the harm this caused them and their employees. We also apologize to our readers for abandoning 9 journalistic principles and misrepresenting Dominion’s track record and its limited role in tabulating votes for the November 2020 election. We regret this grave error."
Fox News has issued a similar correction. Can someone find a similar example of such a noteworthy retraction, but coming from "liberal" media?

Reactions: celticdawg
Can someone find a similar example of such a noteworthy retraction, but coming from "liberal" media?
Most every publication makes mistakes and they print retractions/corrections almost daily. Most do it without requiring the threat of a lawsuit to initiate.

Last edited:
Reactions: celticdawg
Fox News has issued a similar correction. Can someone find a similar example of such a noteworthy retraction, but coming from "liberal" media?

How about Politico retraction of an article stating that President Trump owed millions to the Bank of China . They published article before verifying and when they did ,they were told that the bank did not have any business with Trump at the present time .

How about Politico retraction of an article stating that President Trump owed millions to the Bank of China . They published article before verifying and when they did ,they were told that the bank did not have any business with Trump at the present time .
That’s a major league screwup by Politico. Thanks for providing an example.

That’s a major league screwup by Politico. Thanks for providing an example.

Gallup just posted a poll that 60% of Americans have little to no confidence in the media ! The Feds just" Walked Back" their accusation that folks went to The Capital to grab politicians and possibly harm them ! The Sullivan guy that CNN interviewed right after he went into the Capital turned out to be a BLM affiliate and a real Lefty ...now under arrest !

Reactions: DTwnDawg
Gallup just posted a poll that 60% of Americans have little to no confidence in the media ! The Feds just" Walked Back" their accusation that folks went to The Capital to grab politicians and possibly harm them ! The Sullivan guy that CNN interviewed right after he went into the Capital turned out to be a BLM affiliate and a real Lefty ...now under arrest !

I understand why so few have faith in the media

I don’t understand why so many Trumpers have faith in the alt right alternative media. These new pro-Trump outlets have been wildly wrong on numerous topics and it took the threat of a lawsuit for them to admit their #1 topic for the past 2 months was not just a little false but a wholly false grand fabrication.

HUGE and illustrative difference here: Trump did have a $200M loan from the Bank of China that was sold in 2012. Given that the Trump administration was not at all transparent regarding his finances, the error is understandable. It was the Bank of China that contacted Politico to offer correction, which they did quickly - just a day or so later - and voluntarily. Compare with the American Thinker, which rode the Dominion stories hard and likely knew they were false / fabricated / based on unreliable sources from the get go. They didn't correct their stories as they were debunked but, rather, required a letter threatening a lawsuit in order to do so. The one is an error due to lazy reporting (which is a trademark of Politico's) the second is malpractice / malfeasance.

Last edited:

She carved up those Amazonites! And she saved NY a lot of money. Her position on cows is brilliant.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
I understand why so few have faith in the media

I don’t understand why so many Trumpers have faith in the alt right alternative media. These new pro-Trump outlets have been wildly wrong on numerous topics and it took the threat of a lawsuit for them to admit their #1 topic for the past 2 months was not just a little false but a wholly false grand fabrication.

google is your friend ...not mine !

yeah, that is a good example of the danger of being constantly on Twitter, of choosing rhetoric over consideration - but she was right to object to HQ2 and, notably, she did so against the wishes of those you might identify as "her masters." But whatever, I don't want to be put in the position of defending her except to say that she's not an imbecile, and her opponents underestimate her at their peril (both Rs and more conservative Ds).

Link here > Enjoy!
Why was she right about HQ2?

Why was she right about HQ2?
Long story short, because it's Sunday and I am enjoying this game: New York doesn't need it (a), (b) these sort of corporate giveaways NEVER work out for the city for a number of reasons, even if there are some short term benefits. Many would point to Seattle as a place where the gentrification/exploding rents have caused mass dislocation and social disruption, homelessness, etc. Savannah is a more local example, where the downtown has been hollowed out and the city is now broke, in part because SCAD has such a sweetheart deal re: tax incentives. Long Island City will be just fine without it, better, more itself / what it ought to be.

Long story short, because it's Sunday and I am enjoying this game: New York doesn't need it (a), (b) these sort of corporate giveaways NEVER work out for the city for a number of reasons, even if there are some short term benefits. Many would point to Seattle as a place where the gentrification/exploding rents have caused mass dislocation and social disruption, homelessness, etc. Savannah is a more local example, where the downtown has been hollowed out and the city is now broke, in part because SCAD has such a sweetheart deal re: tax incentives. Long Island City will be just fine without it, better, more itself / what it ought to be.
My bet would be failing schools in downtown savannah have a much larger impact on the money leaving the area.

Reactions: MassachusettsDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT