ADVERTISEMENT

Cooking for 6…..

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
this evening. It’s been a while, but craving hot dogs, so that is what it will be.

This crowd would like it, age range 22-27 plus wife & I. Hot dogs always goes good with some beer or wine…..as really any food, so we will have that also.

The hot dog brand matters, usually go with National Hebrew….an excellent dog imo. Always grill them, in case I have too many “brew ha ha’s” & burn the dogs, they R always good burnt…..so I am safe, not FOCKING things up.

Anyway”……what dog do you recommend, how would you cook it and what sides would you choose??

Not axing 4 a friend…..

Last edited:
this evening. It’s been a while, but craving hot dogs, so that is what it will be.

This crowd would like it, age range 22-27 plus wife & I. Hot dogs always goes good with some beer or wine…..as really any food, so we will have that also.

The hot dog brand matters, usually go with National Hebrew….an excellent dog imo. Always grill them, in case I have too many “brew ha ha’s” & burn the dogs, they R always good burnt…..so I am safe, not FOCKING things up.

Anyway”……what dog do you recommend, how would you cook it and what sides would you choose??

Not axing 4 a friend…..
Dog should be all beef. Hebrew National, Nathans or Sabrett are the best brands. If you can get the quarter lb dogs too do that

Always on the grill. Some brown mustard. Sauerkraut and relish. No ketchup should ever go on a dog for anyone over 7 years old.

Corn, fries, potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw, pasta salad, chips etc all goes good w dogs

Dog should be all beef. Hebrew National, Nathans or Sabrett are the best brands. If you can get the quarter lb dogs too do that

Always on the grill. Some brown mustard. Sauerkraut and relish. No ketchup should ever go on a dog for anyone over 7 years old.

Corn, fries, potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw, pasta salad, chips etc all goes good w dogs
Thanks 4 playin’

Not axing 4 a friend…..
Hebrew National jumbos or Nathans Jumbos. The sides have to include potato salad, particularly if you can find hand made somewhere. Grocery store is usually not so good. Good dill pickles, like from the refrigerated section, plus maybe some chips for the younger set. Baked beans.

Hebrew National jumbos or Nathans Jumbos. The sides have to include potato salad, particularly if you can find hand made somewhere. Grocery store is usually not so good. Good dill pickles, like from the refrigerated section, plus maybe some chips for the younger set. Baked beans.
Some good ideas.

Yeah you are right about potato salad, it’s hard to find good potato salad. Usually my local store has some decent stuff from their deli though.

Usually potato salad is either good or bad…..kinda like fruitcakes & redheads.

Nothing like homemade though. My Mom made the best imo, a mustard base one. Always best when served warm, same with banana pudding….both didn’t last long.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadduckdawg

Not axing 4 a friend…..
Go to Costco and get their Kirklands brand. Not giant hot dogs, the normal size dogs. Excellent dogs. You can thank me later.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Used to get some killer hot dogs at Oakgrove Market when I lived in Druid Hills. Also Pataks.

Used to get some killer hot dogs at Oakgrove Market when I lived in Druid Hills. Also Pataks.
Never tried those.

Not a quality hot dog, but whenever I was in the area or lived there & felt like “slumming it”….enjoyed a chilli dawg or two from the Varsity.

Nothing compares imo, always had to have a chilli steak, a BIG ORANGE and their greasy fries.

That would fix me for about a year or two.

Funny thing is, the last time I was there, I am pretty dang sure they had a lot of the same car hops from the 80’s still working.

I would imagine the tips are good there (Atlanta).

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT