ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Scrimmage Notes

dawgfan107

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2011
Scrimmage Thoughts:

Overall, defense won the day. Offense may have won third down and they got 2-3 big plays early. Defense shut them down in 2 minutes.

We look really good with few weaknesses. Typical first scrimmage issues like a lot of penalties and turnovers. We didn’t play someof our stars like Beck, Etienne, etc. a lot.

QB:
- Beck: didn’t have his most dominant day in limited time. 1 touchdown.
- Stockton: moved well and made good decisions. Doesn’t have the juice down the field.
- puglisi: Has a ton of juice in that arm. Hit a beautiful bomb with the 3s. Mental game needs to and should catch up with time. My favorite to start next year although I trust Stockton more right now.
- Rashada: rallied late but was overall pretty unimpressed.

RB:
- Nate Frazier: standout player of the scrimmage. Explosive, shifty, patient in waiting for blocks. Won’t take anyone’s job this year but he will play. Future is bright. He was the talk of our group.
- Branson and Etienne didn’t play a ton but Branson looked healthy. Was ahead of Rod Robinson today.
- Rod rob caught a 50+ yard touchdown wheel route. Great throw from Gunner and catch.

WR:
- colbie young was not scrimmaging today.
- Lovett had a lot of catches underneath
- Arian was with the first group and got a lot of opportunity

Tight end:
- Delp made some plays.
- Yurosek played a lot but didn’t see him make a ton of plays. You can tell they are trying to get him ready by giving him reps though

OL:
- so much to follow that it’s hard to point a lot out. They played aight but d line at least broke even with them.
- Ratledge was running with the centers with 1s with Wilson out.
- Kirby was quoted as saying “This seems like our softest team we’ve had here.” Doubt it’s true but it’s motivation. Hopefully not true. Didn’t seem like it to me.

DL:
- the fact they broke even with our OL is very encouraging.
- TID made lots of plays.
- with the 3s, Nnamdi Ogboko made a lot of plays

Linebacker:
- Justin Williams had a pick with the 3s but seemed gimpy walking off the field.
- Chris Cole made a ton of plays with backups.

Secondary:
- lots of defensive holding and PI. Kirby kept harping on it.
- aguero had a pick and looked good.
- Kirby was on Daniel Harris’s butt with the 2s. You can tell he wants to get the most out of him. He responded with a beautiful pick of Stockton.
- Dan Jackson seemed to leave early with an injury. Not 100%
- not a lot of guys open most of the time.

Special teams:
Kicking and punting looked good. Maybe one missed kick. Anthony Evans was our returner. sacovie, nitro, bell, and Starks are other guys I saw back there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.