ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of fast thoughts....

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
on yesterday.

-That was disappointing, especially after the game on Friday night. I felt like we took a step back Saturday at the plate... too many empty ABs and too many ill time K's. That was a fairly tight strike zone yesterday and it's discouraging that we could only draw 2 walks out of it (the 2nd came with 2 outs in the 9th).

-The last couple of weeks, Robert Tyler's pitch count has gotten out of control right out of the gate. He was at 80 something pitches yesterday in the 4th. Too many long ABs and too many walks. It's tough, or can be, for strike out guys like Tyler to keep their pitch count manageable, and I get that, but it does look like he's starting to hit that so called "freshman wall" right now. I wouldn't mind moving him back to Sunday next weekend in Oxford. I'm sure that we won't, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.

-Nice to see Zack Bowers HR yesterday. This hasn't been the season he was hoping for, obviously, but it was great to see him get ahold of one. On that warm day, I thought we may hit one out and Bowers got all of his.

-Stephen Wrenn and Conor Welton continue to do a fantastic job in the OF. I can't even imagine how many hits those guys have saved this year.

-We have plenty of bullpen today.... Dylan Cole, Pete Nagel, and Jared Cheek.... so we don't need 6 innings out of Sosbee, although it would be great if we could get that. I don't think we'll see Seddon again for South Carolina (and I was surprised to see him yesterday, given the circumstance).

-The official game time was 3:12 yesterday, but it felt closer to four hours. I don't know why, it just didn't have a good pace to it.

-So far this year, we are 1-2 in home weekend rubber games. We can square it up today and take a series from these guys for the first time since 2008.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News