ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19

Computer models are always super sensitive to the inputs, but you know that. Hell, if pricing a stock or any cash flows in perpetuity, the terminal value alone can swing everything in one direction or another and dwarf any other input.

In response to the italics I added above, I don't think you can generalize about "they" with regards to who is doing the modeling, "computer models", and "they" regarding dire predictions as the whole ecosystem of experts is very different for different predictions. The epidemiologists here have no input on climate and the climate folks have no input on COVID (assumption, but I can't imagine there is any significant reason to think otherwise). So I would say that generalization is too broad and needs to be looked at on a case by case basis.

That is why I am putting more faith in the curves comparing countries. It is hard data without bias and without a narrative. I'm happy to change my stance as new, better, or different data comes to light.

They, In my mind, are the Government paid Scientists in climate or medicine. I think the error on the side that brings more money into their personal thiefdom, but that's just me. I can't help but think about the "never let a crisis go to waste" We may think..." well that's one guy" But I don't think that's the case, I think there's a real and active segment that works tirelessly every day to gain some sort control over the everyday lives of we minions. I've just seen it too many times. Overblow a problem, panic everyone and its much easier to get things you want to be passed without much opposition. Just look at the blow-up trying to get a relief bill passed, it was nothing but a Christmas day wish list for one side, and while it was caught, you watch a lot of that BS will be in the bill in the end, and it will be there forever, and we'll all be fat dumb and happy that they saved us all

Reactions: Mike_the_Dawg
7,381 in the US today by last count. 658 new deaths today
658 new deaths? I don't think so. But we've had 29 to 55 thousand deaths from the flu since October. That damn Trump should have shut everything down 6 months ago, we'd all be healthy today....shooting each other for toilet paper, but otherwise healthy

Which would be more than our entire population. You might want to look at the size of their cities... And example, The city of Augusta has a population of over 200k. But that's extremely misleading, it takes in surrounding areas that are sparsely populated to reach that number. But you're a lot of folks, you either intentionally leave out the whole story, or don't understand it
Says the guy who just stated twice in this thread that Italy had no new cases today.

Try sticking to your always-insightful RB analysis. BTW, Nick Chubb was the second leading rusher in the NFL last year. What is BD up to these days?

Says the guy who just stated twice in this thread that Italy had no new cases today.

Try sticking to your always-insightful RB analysis. BTW, Nick Chubb was the second leading rusher in the NFL last year. What is BD up to these days?
And that's what it was at the time of the post, try and keep up kid

And that's what it was at the time of the post, try and keep up kid
If you actually thought Italy went from over 6k new cases yesterday to none today, just because your data source hadn't updated yet, you should stand down from further contributions on this particular topic.

If this is all just another classic Rolo troll, cheers. You got me.

Last edited:
Do you have any concept of the number of motorcycles in the Far East? They may not have cars but they damn sure have millions of bikes or scooters ...like locusts. And they use four legged transport too. They aren't all crammed into a bus, train, or rickshaw.

Yes. I was in China and India in the fall. My point was specific to NY and how the spread of the virus is probably more prevalent there because of the number of people who use public transportation and/or cabs.

Reactions: anon_w4pknohc0ndth
Don't forget it's where a large number of people don't own a car (or don't use them regularly) and ride the subway or cabs everywhere they go.

True, but in Atlanta, Uber is pretty freaking prevalent. And there are plenty of people on MARTA who hop off and can infect others. In NY, the subway may serve as a supercharge to the spread, but the question is, does that just mean it's spreads faster or more? Cases are picking up steam in GA now, unfortunately.

Reactions: Obi Won
658 new deaths? I don't think so. But we've had 29 to 55 thousand deaths from the flu since October. That damn Trump should have shut everything down 6 months ago, we'd all be healthy today....shooting each other for toilet paper, but otherwise healthy

The current worldwide precautions in place are the reason it isn’t much worse. In reality the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

What we do know- 3x as infectious and 10x as deadly. That WITH the influenza vaccine given to millions.

So, very conservatively speaking- without the current precautions, preceding precautions, and ongoing precautions we would have very easily seen upwards of 1 million deaths (30k influenza deaths each year conservatively x 3 (infectious rate- although this would be assuming a linear model) x10 (mortality rate) = 900k)

Can't wait for this Covid - 19 thing to be over with . I'm tired of hearing about it and all the mess it's bringing .
. I
Amen the freaking fear of this causes believable hardships on restaurants especially the small independent ones.
If everyone could stay in place for two weeks it would be over. They need a vaccine to cure or protect you from it I think to get people back going without fear . I am hoping for best and glad that our President is staying positive, I tired of hearing all the gloom and doom for the media

The current worldwide precautions in place are the reason it isn’t much worse. In reality the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

What we do know- 3x as infectious and 10x as deadly. That WITH the influenza vaccine given to millions.

So, very conservatively speaking- without the current precautions, preceding precautions, and ongoing precautions we would have very easily seen upwards of 1 million deaths (30k influenza deaths each year conservatively x 3 (infectious rate- although this would be assuming a linear model) x10 (mortality rate) = 900k)

I don't think that's true. They speculate every time there's one of these outbreaks,t they run their models, and they are always wrong. 55K have died from the Flu since Oct 1 in America alone, even with a flu shot, so, well...we didn't shut down the Country

When every point you have made has been refuted, sometimes a little mockery is all that there is room for.

I've not noticed refute? Mockery? by you? If you say so, but I guess guys like you need to believe you're important.

Do we KNOW it is 10X as deadly since we really don't know what the denominator is....just asking, not picking a fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT