ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy thing about this weekend…

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
We didn’t have a starter get out of the 4th inning. If you told me that was going to happen on Friday afternoon, I would have thought we’d get swept and it wouldn’t have been close.

You can’t say enough about Jarvis Evans yesterday, but it’s not just him. Marsh got the job done yesterday after that walk, Finley did too, and Greenler and Rhadens were both very good today also. Lot of guys stepped up. That really was a team effort the last two days.

Yesterday too was just such a gutsy, hard-nosed win. We just outplayed them today and that was satisfying too of course, but Saturday was just about having some balls … those are the kinds of games you remember for a long time.

When I said it was going to be a tough decision for Brooks to make on Stricklin, this weekend is an example of why. We are a tough team. We play hard, we don’t do all the BS like Tennessee does… I think this group made us proud to be Georgia baseball fans. I understand all the other arguments. I do. And I’ve made them. I think it’s hard to look at the last two days and say definitively that we have to make a change. I think it’s hard to look at the last month and reach that conclusion.

At any rate, I’m just proud of this team. This was a series that I really wanted after all of Tennessee’s BS last year and I’m so glad we got it.

It’s still right there in front of us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News