ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting Edge

fprex

Pocket Dogs - I always got a hot dog in my pocket
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2006
I've always been one that looks for new ideas, new technology, etc. in whatever endeavor I devote myself to. This article was posted on the Vent but is worth a post over here as well.

To summarize, it talks about how Stanford has incorporated virtual reality technology into training their quarterbacks. This has gone on at places for years but this is the most advanced technology as of yet. In fact, David Shaw has become a major donor in the development of the program.

Let's transfer this thought to basketball. What cutting edge things have you heard about, seen, read about, etc. that relates to basketball? What ideas do you think would be worthwhile in pursuing?

We've all seen The Shootaway machine that has been around for years and has advanced in recent years. I believe there's another program that's called "Noah" which measures/tracks the arc of the shot over time.

I've always been captured by the use of statistics and the development of a "winning formula" that former Grinnell coach David Arsenault utilized.

Finally, in previous editions of football video games, the user had the ability to create his whole playbook which gave the option of putting your high school's plays in and using them over and over. I want to say there was an NCAA basketball video game that used to give the user the ability to create plays as well but can't remember. (anyone remember this??? Was it an NBA or college game?)

What does everyone think would be a great idea to pursue or what is your favorite "cutting edge" piece of training equipment? Or maybe it's an incredibly strange drill you wouldn't normally see used in basketball that some coach uses. (For instance, I used to take a DB drill in football and transferred it to basketball in practicing transition defense. The defense would lie on the floor until the ball hit the rim. They'd then sprint down the floor and identify which offensive threats to pick up first.)

Virtual Reality for the QB

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News