ADVERTISEMENT

D Day and NATO

LRA Dawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2011
Aurora, Colorado
80 years ago thousands of heroes lost their lives or risked it all to defeat fascism on the beaches of Normandy. In the 80 years since, the postwar political and economic alliance formed the greatest era of prosperity and freedom in the history of the world.

Yesterday 46 Republicans voted to defund NATO. What the hell has happened to the party I used to support?

80 years ago thousands of heroes lost their lives or risked it all to defeat fascism on the beaches of Normandy. In the 80 years since, the postwar political and economic alliance formed the greatest era of prosperity and freedom in the history of the world.

Yesterday 46 Republicans voted to defund NATO. What the hell has happened to the party I used to support?
Things are damn sure backwards right now. I can’t disagree with you. I never thought I would see the day. They keep trying to add the Ukraine to nato. Putin has said numerous times if this happens there will be consequences. The Ukraine is a corrupt country who has never been an ally. That puts nato at their front door.

This admin approved using US weapons to hit targets inside Russia. One group seems to be dead set on getting us in a world war. The other seems to be trying to avoid it. If you can believe a single word a politician says. If we get in a war with Russia and China, it is going to hurt bad. We will win, but there will be no real good come from it imo. I understand both takes. The Dems say Russia is hurting. We are using another country’s man power to wear them down. What is the risk? Other than money and weapons. One side says why do we want a war with Russia when that likely includes China. Russia does have nuclear capabilities and a leader crazy enough to use them.

Really haven’t read anything about it,,,,..but what is the reasoning behind it all??

Can remember when Trump threatened to pull out because some countries were not paying their “fair share”.

Does that have anything to do with it??

Using the clear negotiating leverage the US has to influence NATO for Americans' benefit is not tantamount to actually desolving it. No way that happens.

Sometimes being the asshole makes you a better negotiator. When you are known to hold political affection from everyone as your highest goal, it makes you very easy to manipulate.

Really haven’t read anything about it,,,,..but what is the reasoning behind it all??

Can remember when Trump threatened to pull out because some countries were not paying their “fair share”.

I can't explain the reasoning of Marjorie Taylor Greene, who sponsored this, but the basic position is they think the USA can fend for itself economically and militarily just fine without Europe. It is total insanity.

It used to be the Democrats who were complete idiots in understanding economic issues and geopolitics. Now it appears many Republicans are getting just as stupid as they are.

• Love
Reactions: TivoliDawg

I think actually defunding NATO would be crazy, stupid and won’t happen.

However… Trump threatening to do it did actually cause many of the member nations to almost double their contribution to their defense.

Threatening to “let Russia do whatever they hell they want” seems to have actually worked.

I don’t think Trump is crazy like a fox, I think he’s a buffoon. But it did actually work.

I can't explain the reasoning of Marjorie Taylor Greene, who sponsored this, but the basic position is they think the USA can fend for itself economically and militarily just fine without Europe. It is total insanity.

It used to be the Democrats who were complete idiots in understanding economic issues and geopolitics. Now it appears many Republicans are getting just as stupid as they are.
Anything involving MTG is a disgrace. The idea that Republicans have voted her in is pure shame.

Reactions: Lady43

MTG doesn’t speak for the majority of Republicans. Too many people think they are entitled to a candidate that is 100% aligned with their political beliefs, but this is folly. I will always go with the best available candidate. The best candidate in my mind is the candidate that will allow me and my family to live our lives with the least amount of government interference.

It used to be the Democrats who were complete idiots in understanding economic issues and m
Again, haven’t read anything on this, but if true; my guess is they are using threats as before to leverage a better situation.

If my memory serves me correct, when Trump was in office and did the same, a few other countries then started to commit more, as they were spending a smaller percent than what they committed to.

The US was picking up the slack and other countries were sitting back and just letting the US do it. Don’t know of anyone who would want to pull out of NATO. I certainly wouldn’t.

If this is what it is, I agree. You just can’t sit back and let it happen.

Last edited:
Using the clear negotiating leverage the US has to influence NATO for Americans' benefit is not tantamount to actually desolving it. No way that happens.

Sometimes being the asshole makes you a better negotiator. When you are known to hold political affection from everyone as your highest goal, it makes you very easy to manipulate.
John Bolton, who was in a position to know, does not think Trump’s comments are a negotiating ploy.

Was there a “NATO” on D-Day?

I think actually defunding NATO would be crazy, stupid and won’t happen.

However… Trump threatening to do it did actually cause many of the member nations to almost double their contribution to their defense.

Threatening to “let Russia do whatever they hell they want” seems to have actually worked.

I don’t think Trump is crazy like a fox, I think he’s a buffoon. But it did actually work.
I support that position of Trump, but this is not what the nutjobs want. They want to completely exit the global economy.

John Bolton, who was in a position to know, does not think Trump’s comments are a negotiating ploy.

Trump was already President. Did he disolve NATO? Incidentally, how would you describe the peace / war dynamic in general when he was President?

Again - when other Nations, including your enemies, know that your every decision depends on polls and being universally liked, you become very easy to manipulate, and bad actors are emboldened to act accordingly, when you know without a doubt that the response will weigh domestic popularity above all.

Trump was already President. Did he disolve NATO? Incidentally, how would you describe the peace / war dynamic in general when he was President?

Again - when other Nations, including your enemies, know that your every decision depends on polls and being universally liked, you become very easy to manipulate, and bad actors are emboldened to act accordingly, when you know without a doubt that the response will weigh domestic popularity above all.
My post is not about Trump. Its about these 46 morons.
  • Aaron Bean of Florida
  • Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Dan Bishop of North Carolina
  • Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  • Mike Bost of Illinois
  • Josh Brecheen of Oklahoma
  • Tim Burchett of Tennessee
  • Ben Cline of Virginia
  • Michael Cloud of Texas
  • Mike Collins of Georgia
  • James Comer of Kentucky
  • Eli Crane of Arizona
  • Byron Donalds of Florida
  • Michelle Fischbach of Minnesota
  • Russell Fry of South Carolina
  • Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Bob Good of Virginia
  • Paul Gosar of Arizona
  • Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  • Harriet Hageman of Wyoming
  • Andy Harris of Maryland
  • Diana Harshbarger of Tennessee
  • Kevin Hern of Oklahoma
  • French Hill of Arkansas
  • Wesley Hunt of Texas
  • John Joyce of Pennsylvania
  • Debbie Lesko of Arizona
  • Anna Paulina Luna of Florida
  • Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  • Brian Mast of Florida
  • Mary Miller of Illinois
  • Cory Mills of Florida
  • Alex Mooney of West Virginia
  • Barry Moore of Alabama
  • Ralph Norman of South Carolina
  • Andy Ogles of Tennessee
  • Scott Perry of Pennsylvania
  • Bill Posey of Florida
  • Matt Rosendale of Montana
  • Chip Roy of Texas
  • Keith Self of Texas
  • Jason Smith of Missouri
  • Greg Steube of Florida
  • Tom Tiffany of Wisconsin
  • William Timmons of South Carolina
  • Michael Waltz of Florida

My post is not about Trump. Its about these 46 morons.
  • Aaron Bean of Florida
  • Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Dan Bishop of North Carolina
  • Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  • Mike Bost of Illinois
  • Josh Brecheen of Oklahoma
  • Tim Burchett of Tennessee
  • Ben Cline of Virginia
  • Michael Cloud of Texas
  • Mike Collins of Georgia
  • James Comer of Kentucky
  • Eli Crane of Arizona
  • Byron Donalds of Florida
  • Michelle Fischbach of Minnesota
  • Russell Fry of South Carolina
  • Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Bob Good of Virginia
  • Paul Gosar of Arizona
  • Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  • Harriet Hageman of Wyoming
  • Andy Harris of Maryland
  • Diana Harshbarger of Tennessee
  • Kevin Hern of Oklahoma
  • French Hill of Arkansas
  • Wesley Hunt of Texas
  • John Joyce of Pennsylvania
  • Debbie Lesko of Arizona
  • Anna Paulina Luna of Florida
  • Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  • Brian Mast of Florida
  • Mary Miller of Illinois
  • Cory Mills of Florida
  • Alex Mooney of West Virginia
  • Barry Moore of Alabama
  • Ralph Norman of South Carolina
  • Andy Ogles of Tennessee
  • Scott Perry of Pennsylvania
  • Bill Posey of Florida
  • Matt Rosendale of Montana
  • Chip Roy of Texas
  • Keith Self of Texas
  • Jason Smith of Missouri
  • Greg Steube of Florida
  • Tom Tiffany of Wisconsin
  • William Timmons of South Carolina
  • Michael Waltz of Florida
Haha. That is a lot of beef you have with folks.

Things are damn sure backwards right now. I can’t disagree with you. I never thought I would see the day. They keep trying to add the Ukraine to nato. Putin has said numerous times if this happens there will be consequences. The Ukraine is a corrupt country who has never been an ally. That puts nato at their front door.

This admin approved using US weapons to hit targets inside Russia. One group seems to be dead set on getting us in a world war. The other seems to be trying to avoid it. If you can believe a single word a politician says. If we get in a war with Russia and China, it is going to hurt bad. We will win, but there will be no real good come from it imo. I understand both takes. The Dems say Russia is hurting. We are using another country’s man power to wear them down. What is the risk? Other than money and weapons. One side says why do we want a war with Russia when that likely includes China. Russia does have nuclear capabilities and a leader crazy enough to use them.
Ukraine may be corrupt but their army is fighting for the NATO countries freedom.

"paying their “fair share” is misleading. What he is talking about is that NATO countries are supposed to pay a percentage of GDP into THEIR military. This has nothing to due with paying a fee to NATO.

MTG is an embarrassment to Georgia. There has to be many Republicans who could replace her.

Again, haven’t read anything on this, but if true; my guess is they are using threats as before to leverage a better situation.

If my memory serves me correct, when Trump was in office and did the same, a few other countries then started to commit more, as they were spending a smaller percent than what they committed to.

The US was picking up the slack and other countries were sitting back and just letting the US do it. Don’t know of anyone who would want to pull out of NATO. I certainly wouldn’t.

If this is what it is, I agree. You just can’t sit back and let it happen.
Yeah Germany was the main culprit. I think they were only contributing 2 percent.

Reactions: Georgia Jim

Don’t think we had any wars when he was President. Peace through strength!

Withdrawing from NATO prior to a second term would have resulted in losing by even more than he did. Bolton states quite clearly that Trump’s plan was assuming he won in 2020. Trump’s POV regarding timing was entirely driven by polling and impact on the election.

Withdrawing from NATO prior to a second term would have resulted in losing by even more than he did. Bolton states quite clearly that Trump’s plan was assuming he won in 2020. Trump’s POV regarding timing was entirely driven by polling and impact on the election.
Totally a lie you’re quoting a guy that was lying about Trump. Why is he not on tv now. He a contributor to Fox until Trump let him go, don’t ever see him anymore I wonder why? Because he was caught lying so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT