ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Rubin thinks Trump will be jailed

I think there is a strong possibility he is jailed. Very strong. What looks weaker. Politically they have to jail him. If they don’t, it looks like they just wanted to keep him off the trail. If they do, it is a position of strength. It will be a terrible day and turning point in our country’s history. This will become common place.

Certainly anything is possible so it wouldn't surprise me either way. If Trump is elected this judge will most likely have to answer to a special prosecutor from the Justice Department along with numerous IRS audits of himself and his family. we shall see........

Certainly anything is possible so it wouldn't surprise me either way. If Trump is elected this judge will most likely have to answer to a special prosecutor from the Justice Department along with numerous IRS audits of himself and his family. we shall see........
I will be curious to see what he does about retribution if he wins. He says there will be none of that, but you know it would be so hard not to take some shots.

If Trump is jailed but case is overturned in appeals court as many expect, what retribution will Trump get?

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
If Trump is jailed but case is overturned in appeals court as many expect, what retribution will Trump get?
He has them all quivering like little bunnies, guilty of terrible crimes against America with their weaponization of federal agencies against their own people. I say let them sweat while gathering evidence for a year of so then bring them up before the most rabid conservative judges in the country. Sort of like what they’ve done to him.

If he’s elected the RATS will bail out like the real rats off a burning ship. So those can sweat at home waiting for the knock on the door.

I will be curious to see what he does about retribution if he wins. He says there will be none of that, but you know it would be so hard not to take some shots.
He says there will be no retribution? He’s said the opposite of that. He has literally said at rallies “I am your retribution”. That usually after he praises and promises to pardon the J6 “warriors”.

Factors for the judge to consider when sentencing Trump include his conduct during the trial, whether he has taken responsibility for his crimes and whether he has or is associating with other known felons.

How do you think that’s going to work out for him?

Reactions: Chopdawg75
He says there will be no retribution? He’s said the opposite of that. He has literally said at rallies “I am your retribution”. That usually after he praises and promises to pardon the J6 “warriors”.

Factors for the judge to consider when sentencing Trump include his conduct during the trial, whether he has taken responsibility for his crimes and whether he has or is associating with other known felons.

I’ll say this again, the judge has a wide range of latitude in what punishment he choses or does not chose to render. He will have to be prepared to face the consequences of those decisions in November should Trump win. (He appears to be a slight favorite today). Those consequences will most likely be IRS audits of himself and his entire family (similar to Oriley and Hanity during the Clinton years) and most likely a special council looking into election interference. Did the judge go out of norm to get the case, did he have any contact with folks in Washington- fair questions that he’ll
Have to answer to a Republican version of Jack Smith. I have same amount of compassion for him as I do the J6 folks that put their hands on law enforcement- they have to be prepared to face the consequences…….

Stop with the fantasy land stuff will. You know as well as I know the judge donated to a get trump at all costs pac. It is hilarious you still are acting like this is on the up and up. Despite lawyer after lawyer saying it isn’t. This judge is going to do exactly what he is told is best for the polls. Period. There is nothing else that will determine what happens. Think that you are from a spot of clean living is a really embarrassing take. Just own it. You got him right where you want him.

I am your retribution means elect me and it will drive them insane. I hope he doesn’t. I hope if he wins he focuses on the massive clusterf created by your vegetable moron of a president. I hope he cleans up his eleventy billion mistakes.

If he does take some retribution who could blame him. A trumped up felony and 450 million later I wouldn’t blame him a bit.

Again, I would rather him pardon hunter and Joe. Move on and show your side as the low blow assholes they are.

If he focuses on retribution we are screwed either way. Either we aren’t getting things fixed here or we elect Biden. And really finish things off. He has shown he has the dogshit Midas touch and all.

I’ll say this again, the judge has a wide range of latitude in what punishment he choses or does not chose to render. He will have to be prepared to face the consequences of those decisions in November should Trump win. (He appears to be a slight favorite today). Those consequences will most likely be IRS audits of himself and his entire family (similar to Oriley and Hanity during the Clinton years) and most likely a special council looking into election interference. Did the judge go out of norm to get the case, did he have any contact with folks in Washington- fair questions that he’ll
Have to answer to a Republican version of Jack Smith. I have same amount of compassion for him as I do the J6 folks that put their hands on law enforcement- they have to be prepared to face the consequences…….
So Merchan should factor in possible retribution when he sentences Trump? Wow. That’s amazing.

Stop with the fantasy land stuff will. You know as well as I know the judge donated to a get trump at all costs pac. It is hilarious you still are acting like this is on the up and up. Despite lawyer after lawyer saying it isn’t. This judge is going to do exactly what he is told is best for the polls. Period. There is nothing else that will determine what happens. Think that you are from a spot of clean living is a really embarrassing take. Just own it. You got him right where you want him.

I am your retribution means elect me and it will drive them insane. I hope he doesn’t. I hope if he wins he focuses on the massive clusterf created by your vegetable moron of a president. I hope he cleans up his eleventy billion mistakes.

If he does take some retribution who could blame him. A trumped up felony and 450 million later I wouldn’t blame him a bit.

Again, I would rather him pardon hunter and Joe. Move on and show your side as the low blow assholes they are.

If he focuses on retribution we are screwed either way. Either we aren’t getting things fixed here or we elect Biden. And really finish things off. He has shown he has the dogshit Midas touch and all.
Lawyer after lawyer? Hardly. There are some who have pointed out potential weaknesses under appeal, but suggesting that there is some sort of consensus amongst the legal community condemning this trial is not accurate. At all.

Do you realize that you have made a conscious decision to put your faith in DJT over multiple courts, multiple grand juries, multiple prosecutors, multiple judges and multiple juries?

Trump has literally convinced you to believe him over the actual rule of law in this country. It breaks my heart what he’s done to this country but I sleep easier knowing he isn’t going to win in 2024 and Justice will continue to catch up with him.

• Haha
Reactions: DerkDawg1027
So Merchan should factor in possible retribution when he sentences Trump? Wow. That’s amazing.

Lawyer after lawyer? Hardly. There are some who have pointed out potential weaknesses under appeal, but suggesting that there is some sort of consensus amongst the legal community condemning this trial is not accurate. At all.

Do you realize that you have made a conscious decision to put your faith in DJT over multiple courts, multiple grand juries, multiple prosecutors, multiple judges and multiple juries?

Trump has literally convinced you to believe him over the actual rule of law in this country. It breaks my heart what he’s done to this country but I sleep easier knowing he isn’t going to win in 2024 and Justice will continue to catch up with him.
It is easy to believe in the rule of law if you aren’t stacking the deck will. It is calling it like you see it. The whole real estate thing is bullshit. I was a real estate agent. I work with brokers daily. They literally laughed at what happened there. It is nothing short of insanity. This case should have been approached from a no questions asked scenario. You are trying a former president. For the first time ever. It should have been above board in every facet. So nothing political could be claimed. Yet every part of that trial was a political hunt. Even lefties on the board admits this never goes to trial if he isn’t running. I am sad this is what the law has turned into thanks to wanting to get him at all costs.

You gloss over admissions of facts that the fbi went after Trump harder than Hillary and never should have pursued him past week one of the investigation. 40 million later they had to fall on their sword. That is a fact will. They acted on fake information. Also another fact. The cia director admitted they wrote letters for political reasons. This affected your precious democracy and possibly changed the results of an election. This is also a fact. It took three years for the fbi to admit the laptop is real

It isn’t Trump. It is the tds and bat shit crazy pursuit of him. When the fbi admits it will, you should just close your mouth or own it. The saddest part of this is due to these admissions by the doj no one has confidence in them at all any more. That isn’t on the gop or Trump. That is all you guys.

It is easy to believe in the rule of law if you aren’t stacking the deck will. It is calling it like you see it. The whole real estate thing is bullshit. I was a real estate agent. I work with brokers daily. They literally laughed at what happened there. It is nothing short of insanity. This case should have been approached from a no questions asked scenario. You are trying a former president. For the first time ever. It should have been above board in every facet. So nothing political could be claimed. Yet every part of that trial was a political hunt. Even lefties on the board admits this never goes to trial if he isn’t running. I am sad this is what the law has turned into thanks to wanting to get him at all costs.

You gloss over admissions of facts that the fbi went after Trump harder than Hillary and never should have pursued him past week one of the investigation. 40 million later they had to fall on their sword. That is a fact will. They acted on fake information. Also another fact. The cia director admitted they wrote letters for political reasons. This affected your precious democracy and possibly changed the results of an election. This is also a fact. It took three years for the fbi to admit the laptop is real

It isn’t Trump. It is the tds and bat shit crazy pursuit of him. When the fbi admits it will, you should just close your mouth or own it. The saddest part of this is due to these admissions by the doj no one has confidence in them at all any more. That isn’t on the gop or Trump. That is all you guys.
Your mischaracterizations of the Trump investigation are more numerous than I care to refute tonight. At least you’ve been consistent.

Is TDS responsible for the fact that so many close associates and advisors of Trump are convicted felons? Was TDS responsible for the documents indictments? Was TDS responsible for the lies about election fraud or J6? Is TDS behind the fact that 40 out of the 44 people Trump personally picked for his cabinet are not going to endorse him for 2024? I guess General Kelly had TDS when he shared the story of Trump calling our war dead suckers and losers.

At some point, it’s a losing proposition to blame all of the legal and character issues that Trump has on people other than Trump. He was a scum bag in NY in the ‘80s and that’s never changed. Low character narcissist who has proven over and over again that he thinks he’s above the rule of law.

If the judge was wise he would do some type suspended sentence to be reviewed post election, anything related to taking Trump off the campaign trail is election interference and should be investigated and he would and should have to a sewer for that type sentence.

Most of us have little faith in Trump and none in Biden. We prefer other candidates (DeSantis, Cotton or Kemp in my case) but we have no other choses. We can see in some cases Trump is being railroaded and in some cases he is not. We are not defending his character of morality but are defending his overall rights and fairness in trials and sentencing or lack their of.
I don’t lose any sleep with Biden or Trump. Although they both irritate me there is nothing I can do other than post on a message board and vote.

If the judge was wise he would do some type suspended sentence to be reviewed post election, anything related to taking Trump off the campaign trail is election interference and should be investigated and he would and should have to a sewer for that type sentence.

Most of us have little faith in Trump and none in Biden. We prefer other candidates (DeSantis, Cotton or Kemp in my case) but we have no other choses. We can see in some cases Trump is being railroaded and in some cases he is not. We are not defending his character of morality but are defending his overall rights and fairness in trials and sentencing or lack their of.
I don’t lose any sleep with Biden or Trump. Although they both irritate me there is nothing I can do other than post on a message board and vote.
While we often disagree, I appreciate that you are definitely one of the more even-handed posters on here.

I disagree that sentencing someone who was convicted of 34 felonies is election interference. Running for office is not some magical get out of jail free card, although I would contend that the chance that it may be is a major motivator for Trump’s campaign effort. He is a citizen like any of the rest of us, and he has received a level of deference in this case and the documents case that you or I would not.

Reactions: Chopdawg75
Your mischaracterizations of the Trump investigation are more numerous than I care to refute tonight. At least you’ve been consistent.

Is TDS responsible for the fact that so many close associates and advisors of Trump are convicted felons? Was TDS responsible for the documents indictments? Was TDS responsible for the lies about election fraud or J6? Is TDS behind the fact that 40 out of the 44 people Trump personally picked for his cabinet are not going to endorse him for 2024? I guess General Kelly had TDS when he shared the story of Trump calling our war dead suckers and losers.

At some point, it’s a losing proposition to blame all of the legal and character issues that Trump has on people other than Trump. He was a scum bag in NY in the ‘80s and that’s never changed. Low character narcissist who has proven over and over again that he thinks he’s above the rule of law.
When have I ever said Trump is above reproach. There is no miss characterization here. It is just stuff you don’t want to admit. FBI fubared the Trump investigation. The admitted to this fact. There isn’t a dispute there. They plead guilty for all intents and purposes. Hell, they even had to self investigate will. wtf. It was that bad. Yet you are holding on to russia as long as you can. It is laughable. Period. The fbi admitted to suffering from tds. lol. That is what is so funny.

He is a low character narcissist. I admit it. He is a shit person. I admit it. So is Biden. Except Biden has weaponized the doj. His brain is f’ed. His policies have all turned to shit. His vp conjures up comparisons to Dan Quayle. It isn’t about him. I have done comparisons of the evils between the two. But one has policies that are also crap. And he isn’t a foot away from a nursing home.

You see the word admits in the title. That is a tds confession. Sorry. Facts.

Finally in court, three years later they have to admit it is real. It took over three years.

No way to not admit tds was at play. Even in the doj.

Well, that’s still much better than breeding felons like Hunter.

It breaks my heart in regards to what Biden and his handlers have done to this country. If you don't recognize that the NY trials are a farce then you are part of the problem. Trump can be an arrogant ass at times but he's better on the border, the economy, dealing with China (our biggest threat), making Europe pay their fair share regarding defense, DEI (what a bunch of horse shit). All your people can do is call him a racist which I really don't understand. Of course that's your defense when you don't have a plan. I guess you are one of the "men can play women's sports" supporters too. I believe the recent NY trial appeal will make it to the Supreme Court very quickly. I'll enjoy watching your folks melt down when he wins on appeal.

Do you not think that the trial was driven by political motives?

Do you not think that the trial was driven by political motives?
Were politics at play in the charging decision? 100% yes. But there aren’t many cases that roll up to interference in a presidential election, so while political, the stakes in this case were even more unique than the approach to prosecuting it.

Do I think the judge ran an unfair trial? No, and plenty of (not all) legal commentators agree with me.

• Haha
Reactions: DerkDawg1027
Were politics at play in the charging decision? 100% yes. But there aren’t many cases that roll up to interference in a presidential election, so while political, the stakes in this case were even more unique than the approach to prosecuting it.

Do I think the judge ran an unfair trial? No, and plenty of (not all) legal commentators agree with me.
So you think the ruling will be upheld through out the appeals process?

I think it depends on who wins in November. I certainly think it will be tossed if Trump wins in November. I think Trump's justice department will put some real heat on Merchant and if your an appeals Judge you don't want any heat headed your way. Biden wins, I figure its 50/50.

I think the other case dealing with the fine's for doing business will be reduced either way, greatly reduced in he is elected President again. Again, Trump's justice department will take a look at this case as well and concessions will certainly be made.

Much prefer Trump not go that route but thats how I see it.

It’s certainly possible but not likely. The depth and breadth of the evidence presented by the prosecution was overwhelming.

Go to the second to last slide of the prosecution’s closing PowerPoint presentation (link below) and you can see a great summary of what they proved. So it may end up dismissed due to a procedural issue, but I think the odds of that are lower than many Trump supporters are assuming. .

It’s certainly possible but not likely. The depth and breadth of the evidence presented by the prosecution was overwhelming.

Go to the second to last slide of the prosecution’s closing PowerPoint presentation (link below) and you can see a great summary of what they proved. So it may end up dismissed due to a procedural issue, but I think the odds of that are lower than many Trump supporters are assuming. .

I think it is more of a basis issue. The mental/legal gymnastics it took to contort the facts to make it fit the parameters of how it might broken the laws of NY. Then to twist those parameters to make what Trump did somewhat vaguely fit within those parameters to give the jury something to tie it to. That is why it was necessary to have all of the antics and sideshow to blur the lines even more. I truly can not see how it will not be overturned unless the people reviewing have the same agenda that Merchan and Bragg had.
I do not care for Trump. I think what he did was immoral and I wish he was not the one running against Biden.

It isn’t about the evidence of a “crime,” which they may have proven. It is the definition of the crime. The total lack of precedent and mental / legal calculus it takes to get to felony. Per smart legal folks would open Pandora’s box if this was precedent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT